Am I risking it?

Old May 18th 04, 08:41 PM
ted

Default Am I risking it?

What's your opinion about a baby girl's name 'Avanti'? I absolutely
love the name. It has a nice meaning in quite a few languages.

Upon a search on this ng I found out about the non-latex brand. I wish
I hadn't searched

Anyways, what's your take on this name? If I have a girl and I name
her Avanti, will my baby be forever teased?

Thanks.
Old May 18th 04, 08:49 PM
Jacqui

ted wibbled

What's your opinion about a baby girl's name 'Avanti'? I
absolutely love the name. It has a nice meaning in quite a few
languages.

What can you find? All I can see is a vague "Ancient Malwa" (wassat?)
in Hindi and "forward, advanced" in Italian. And I'd steer clear of
that because it was the name of Mussolini's fascist newspaper.

I think it's a lovely word but I wouldn't use it for a name. My 2p.

Jac
Old May 18th 04, 08:51 PM
PattyMomVA

"ted" wrote and I snipped:
What's your opinion about a baby girl's name 'Avanti'? I absolutely
love the name. It has a nice meaning in quite a few languages.

Anyways, what's your take on this name? If I have a girl and I name
her Avanti, will my baby be forever teased?

My SD's best friend is named Avanti. Her family is from India. She's a
very intelligent, sweet girl, and I think it's a pretty name.

BTW, my SD, a freshman in high school, has many friends with unusual (to
me), ethnic names. She doesn't seem to find them strange at all and just
takes them in stride. Sometimes the kids are given nicknames, such as the
boy named Salman who they call "Fish" but not to tease.

Take care,
-Patty, mom to Corinne (6y) and Nathan (nearly 4y!)
and stepmom to Victoria (14y)

Old May 18th 04, 09:08 PM
Sara

ted wrote:

Anyways, what's your take on this name? If I have a girl and I name
her Avanti, will my baby be forever teased?

It's a car, isn't it? It could always be worse -- I knew a woman named
Buick.

--
Sara, accompanied by the baby barnacle
Old May 18th 04, 09:10 PM
Sophie

"Sara" wrote in message
ted wrote:

Anyways, what's your take on this name? If I have a girl and I name
her Avanti, will my baby be forever teased?

It's a car, isn't it? It could always be worse -- I knew a woman named
Buick.

--
Sara, accompanied by the baby barnacle

My first thought was - it sounds like a car. Sorry.

Old May 18th 04, 09:13 PM
Circe

Sara wrote:
ted wrote:

Anyways, what's your take on this name? If I have a girl and I name
her Avanti, will my baby be forever teased?

It's a car, isn't it?

So is Aurora, but I think it's a terrific name g!

I guess the problem with Avanti, to my ear, is that it sounds to much like
the name of a product and not of a person. But I'm not sure everyone would
hear it that way. They might think the same about Aurora!
--
Be well, Barbara
Mom to Sin (Vernon, 2), Misery (Aurora, 4), and the Rising Son (Julian, 6)

Aurora (in the bathroom with her dad)--"It looks like an elephant, Daddy."
Me (later)--"You should feel flattered."

Old May 18th 04, 09:21 PM
Sophie

"Circe" wrote in message
Sara wrote:
ted wrote:

Anyways, what's your take on this name? If I have a girl and I name
her Avanti, will my baby be forever teased?

It's a car, isn't it?

So is Aurora, but I think it's a terrific name g!

I guess the problem with Avanti, to my ear, is that it sounds to much like
the name of a product and not of a person. But I'm not sure everyone would
hear it that way. They might think the same about Aurora!
--
Be well, Barbara
Mom to Sin (Vernon, 2), Misery (Aurora, 4), and the Rising Son (Julian, 6)

Aurora just makes me think of a town near me. I have no opinion of that
town, I just know there is one with that name.

Old May 18th 04, 09:24 PM
Sabine

"Sara" wrote in message
ted wrote:

Anyways, what's your take on this name? If I have a girl and I name
her Avanti, will my baby be forever teased?

It's a car, isn't it? It could always be worse -- I knew a woman named
Buick.

--
Sara, accompanied by the baby barnacle

It's a condom brand Is a car better/ worse?

--
Sabine

Old May 18th 04, 09:32 PM
Clisby

Sophie wrote:
"Sara" wrote in message

ted wrote:

Anyways, what's your take on this name? If I have a girl and I name
her Avanti, will my baby be forever teased?

It's a car, isn't it? It could always be worse -- I knew a woman named
Buick.

--
Sara, accompanied by the baby barnacle

My first thought was - it sounds like a car. Sorry.

That's exactly what I thought.

Clisby

Old May 18th 04, 10:14 PM
Fer

ted wrote:
|| What's your opinion about a baby girl's name 'Avanti'? I absolutely
|| love the name. It has a nice meaning in quite a few languages.
|| Upon a search on this ng I found out about the non-latex brand. I
|| wish I hadn't searched
|| Anyways, what's your take on this name? If I have a girl and I name
|| her Avanti, will my baby be forever teased?
|| Thanks.

-It is pretty but here in canada it is a brand of cigarettes.-?

Jenn
-DS Feb'92
-DD Feb'97
-34 weeks!