Adoption Update!

Old May 19th 04, 10:41 PM
Jamie Clark

Default Adoption Update!

All,
I feel like I'm expecting, so I'm posting this here! Plus, so many of you
are old friends, and it's nice to share the good news!

Well, the home visit was yesterday, and it went really well. Similar to the
office visit, very smooth and chatty and comfortable. I think much of it is
that we're more comfortable because we know what to expect. Also since it
is our second time with this agency, they didn't have as many questions for
us, since they just wrote us up and approved us 2 years ago. I handed him a
copy of our 3rd reference letter, and at this point we're just waiting for
our medical stuff, which the doctors office said should be ready by
Thursday, and we're still waiting for our certified marriage certificate to
come in the mail. So, once those items are in, our file will be complete.
And once our file is complete, they can approve us and our dear birthmother
letter.

At the end the visit, he said, "So, I'm definitely recommending you for
approval," so that was exciting! I had printed out a full version of our
new birthmother letter, including the front photo pasted on, and handed it
to him. He read it over very carefully, and said that it was really good,
that it flowed well, and that there were no typos or grammatical errors, and
that it looked good to him. (He said that he was the main office proof
reader) But, since we'd already given it to Ellen to look over, he didn't
want to overstep her, so we told him to take that copy and give it to Ellen
to review. I'll pop her an e-mail and let her know that we'd like our
comments as soon as possible, so I can start printing them. He did say that
two of our photos could be swapped our for others, but that it wasn't
necessary. So, we'll probably use it as is. So, it looks like we may be in
the book by June 1st...

I also worked on our website, which is listed in my sig line. It's
different than our hard copy letter -- different order, same basic text,
plus more text and photos. Let me know if you see any problems or issues
with it.

So, since everything went so well, we went out to sushi for dinner and had
Double Rainbow ice cream cones for dessert. Yummmmm.

All in all, it was a pretty dang good day. ; )
--

Jamie & Taylor
Earth Angel, 1/3/03

Check out Taylor Marlys -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest1,
Password: Guest
Password

Check out our Adoption Page at http://home.earthlink.net/~jamielee6

Old May 20th 04, 01:48 AM
New York Jen

"Jamie Clark" wrote in message
nk.net...
[...]

Woo hoo Jamie, congratulations! I looked at your page and it looks
wonderful. Am I the only person who thinks that Taylor looks just like you?
I'm always amazed when that happens!

Wishing you the best of luck for your new addition!

- Jen

Old May 20th 04, 03:21 AM
Jamie Clark

Jen,
Thanks! Did you see the other 3 pages? My dad pointed out to me that he
didn't realize there were additional pages, so I've modified it to point
those out better. There is loads more text about us and a whole page of
photos.

And no, you aren't the only person who thinks she looks just like me, or
just like dh. We get that all the time!

Old May 20th 04, 04:24 AM
SuperEeyore

Jamie Clark wrote:
Jen,
Thanks! Did you see the other 3 pages? My dad pointed out to me
that he didn't realize there were additional pages, so I've modified
it to point those out better. There is loads more text about us and
a whole page of photos.

It's a nice site. I think the only thing that is a bit off setting is this:
"Our child will always know the special woman who gave birth to him or her,
and we look forward to having whatever kind of relationship that you are
comfortable with. "

Dh who was my boyfriend and father to our birthchild would have passed on
this letter because of that statement being exclusionary. There are just as
many birthfathers as there are birthmothers even if they don't participate
fully in the process.

Just my two cents...

Laurel

---

Old May 20th 04, 08:13 AM
Jamie Clark

Laurel,
Thanks for your comment. I do understand what you are saying.

Old May 20th 04, 08:57 PM
Bryna729

Sorry -- I lost the original post, but I checked out your site and it's just
beautiful! If I were a woman seeking adoptive parents for my child, you guys
would definitely be extremely appealing. I hope that the process continues to
go smoothly and that you have Taylor's little brother or sister in your arms
soon! One tiny nitpick: since I assume you mean a room for multiple kids to
play in, it should read "kids' playroom".

Be well,

Bryna
Mommy to Yosef, 3
& Temima, 1

Old May 21st 04, 03:41 AM
laurie

Great news Jamie!

laurie
mommy to Jessica, 3 years
Christopher, one year old!
Old May 21st 04, 04:34 PM
yellowgirl

Jamie:
I visited your site and found it very impressive and easy to navigate.
(I followed the link to the adoption site as well, and checked out
some other families' sites, and think yours is one of the best). My
only suggestion would be that a few of the pictures appear very dark
and hard to see. Can you swap out some better quality ones?
Otherwise, beautiful site.

Yellowgirl
ttc#1
Old May 21st 04, 04:43 PM
Jamie Clark

Yellowgirl -- which pictures, specifically, appear dark or hard to see.
None of them look that way to me, so I'd be interested to see which ones you
point out.

Thanks for the compliments.
--

Jamie & Taylor