Can I Refreeze?

Old October 20th 03, 10:48 PM
Alison

Default Can I Refreeze?

I took some frozen EBM out for a bottle feed whilst I was away at an
appointment but DS didn't wake up so it wasn't needed. Can I refreeze it if
it's only beenin sterile containers and not heated?

TIA
--Alison

Old October 20th 03, 11:31 PM
JennP

"Alison" o.uk wrote in
message ...
I took some frozen EBM out for a bottle feed whilst I was away at an
appointment but DS didn't wake up so it wasn't needed. Can I refreeze it

if
it's only beenin sterile containers and not heated?

I don't believe so. I know it's hard to watch the liquid gold go down the
drain, but I don't think I'd take the chance.
--
JennP.

mom to Matthew 10/11/00
remove "no........spam" to reply

Old October 21st 03, 12:44 AM
Circe

"Alison" o.uk wrote in
message ...
I took some frozen EBM out for a bottle feed whilst I was away at an
appointment but DS didn't wake up so it wasn't needed. Can I refreeze it

if
it's only beenin sterile containers and not heated?

No. It'll just be spoiled when you defrost it. Like most foods, once
breastmilk has been thawed from freezing, it will spoil if refrozen/thawed a
second time.
--
Be well, Barbara
(Julian [6], Aurora [4], and Vernon's [19mo] mom)

"Use repeatedly for severe damage." -- Directions on shampoo bottle

Daddy: You're up with the chickens this morning.
Aurora: No, I'm up with my dolls!