Cleaning up baby spit-up

Old November 29th 07, 05:17 PM posted to misc.kids
Psalm Nuclei

Default Cleaning up baby spit-up

Just curious if there's any certain product that'll help clean up any
left over residue once you get the majority of it up with paper towel/
tissues.

Old November 29th 07, 05:22 PM posted to misc.kids
Psalm Nuclei

On Nov 29, 12:17 pm, Psalm Nuclei wrote:
Just curious if there's any certain product that'll help clean up any
left over residue once you get the majority of it up with paper towel/
tissues.

And I don't mean elbow grease ;-)

And i do mean from carpet/furniture.
Old November 29th 07, 05:49 PM posted to misc.kids
Pologirl

We have a small machine for shampooing carpet and upholstery. It has
a soapy hot water reservoir, dirty used water reservoir, sprayer,
brush, and vacuum. It has been used many, many times to clean up
vomit, also potty training accidents, and various food and drink
spills, and muddy footprints. We use it not only in the house but
also in our vehicles. The worst spill so far was a bottle of cooking
oil dropped in the kitchen, that shot gobs of oil all across the
living room carpet.

If you don't want to own one of these machines, and you want to use
less elbow grease, another option is to rent a good commercial grade
carpet cleaner for a day and do your entire house all at once. It can
make a dingy wall-to-wall carpet look new, or at least almost new.

Baby spit-up is far from the worst mess you should expect to clean up
on carpet and upholstery.

Pologirl
Old November 29th 07, 06:02 PM posted to misc.kids
Stephanie[_2_]

"Psalm Nuclei" wrote in message
Just curious if there's any certain product that'll help clean up any
left over residue once you get the majority of it up with paper towel/
tissues.

Water.

Old November 29th 07, 06:04 PM posted to misc.kids
Stephanie[_2_]

"Psalm Nuclei" wrote in message
On Nov 29, 12:17 pm, Psalm Nuclei wrote:
Just curious if there's any certain product that'll help clean up any
left over residue once you get the majority of it up with paper towel/
tissues.

And I don't mean elbow grease ;-)

And i do mean from carpet/furniture.

This is one where an once of prevention is worth a pound of cure IMO. Feed
the babe in the kitchen where the stuff can be wiped up off non-upolstered
furniture and uncarpeted floor. If this is not possible, throw down a
plastic tablecloth.

My 2 cents.

Old November 29th 07, 09:20 PM posted to misc.kids
toypup

On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 13:04:50 -0500, Stephanie wrote:

This is one where an once of prevention is worth a pound of cure IMO. Feed
the babe in the kitchen where the stuff can be wiped up off non-upolstered
furniture and uncarpeted floor. If this is not possible, throw down a
plastic tablecloth.

My 2 cents.

Babies often spit-up at times other than feeding. You can't live in the
kitchen.
Old November 29th 07, 09:32 PM posted to misc.kids
Stephanie[_2_]

"toypup" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 13:04:50 -0500, Stephanie wrote:

This is one where an once of prevention is worth a pound of cure IMO.
Feed
the babe in the kitchen where the stuff can be wiped up off
non-upolstered
furniture and uncarpeted floor. If this is not possible, throw down a
plastic tablecloth.

My 2 cents.

Babies often spit-up at times other than feeding. You can't live in the
kitchen.

They spit up at 6 months old? Color me educated. Mine never did.

Old November 29th 07, 10:55 PM posted to misc.kids
toypup

On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 16:32:02 -0500, Stephanie wrote:

"toypup" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 13:04:50 -0500, Stephanie wrote:

This is one where an once of prevention is worth a pound of cure IMO.
Feed
the babe in the kitchen where the stuff can be wiped up off
non-upolstered
furniture and uncarpeted floor. If this is not possible, throw down a
plastic tablecloth.

My 2 cents.

Babies often spit-up at times other than feeding. You can't live in the
kitchen.

They spit up at 6 months old? Color me educated. Mine never did.

I didn't catch who OP was. Since she did not mention age, I did not think
but that it was a newborn. Either hers still spits up or it's just drool
or she's talking about old stains.
Old November 29th 07, 11:05 PM posted to misc.kids
Donna Metler

"toypup" wrote in message
On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 16:32:02 -0500, Stephanie wrote:

"toypup" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 13:04:50 -0500, Stephanie wrote:

This is one where an once of prevention is worth a pound of cure IMO.
Feed
the babe in the kitchen where the stuff can be wiped up off
non-upolstered
furniture and uncarpeted floor. If this is not possible, throw down a
plastic tablecloth.

My 2 cents.

Babies often spit-up at times other than feeding. You can't live in the
kitchen.

They spit up at 6 months old? Color me educated. Mine never did.

I didn't catch who OP was. Since she did not mention age, I did not think
but that it was a newborn. Either hers still spits up or it's just drool
or she's talking about old stains.

If your child is spitting up constantly, it's worth it to get them checked
for reflux.

And, if your child does have reflux and vomits frequently, Nature's Miracle
seems to help, but I'd also suggest getting a small spot steam cleaner.

I'm just glad my DD outgrew hers about age 2 (and that she potty trained
easily-2 years of constant messes were enough!)

Old November 29th 07, 11:54 PM posted to misc.kids
Psalm Nuclei

Yes, our 6 month old spits up. Just about a teaspoon's worth. He gets
burped all the time, sometimes he doesn't burp. We had him on milk
Similac at about 4 months after he stopped breastfeeding/mother
stopped producing, and then maybe a week or 2 later put him on Soy
Similac.

I feel more comfortable as a parent knowing my son is *not* drinking
milk meant for baby cow's (that's how i look at it, call me crazy and
no offense to any that give their babies dairy).

i saw some threads that spit up is natural. baby is growing well, he
crawls like a wounded soldier (pulling himself with one arm pushing
with one leg), he rolls over, he can't sit himself up yet but he sits
up and balances himself well, when we goes back too far loses balance
and we catch him before his head hits the carpet.