"Winning at Parenting... Without Beating Your Kids"?

Old October 30th 08, 03:07 PM posted to misc.kids
Kat

Default "Winning at Parenting... Without Beating Your Kids"?

I'm wondering if anyone has heard of this.
A few weeks back, at Thanksgiving dinner at my cousin's place, he asked me
if I've heard of this.
Apparently it's older - 1989, IIRC. It's now an audio book, but seems to
sound like it was originally some kind of seminar or something. It's by a
lady named Barbara Coloroso. I have no idea where my cousin would have
heard of this (he's in his 30s, no children) and I had never heard of it
before.
He made me a copy of it and I have the CDs in the van (I don't have another
CD player and listening on the computer would mean taking it apart to plug a
CD drive in of some sort or downloading it for myself)
I've only heard the beginning of the first disc - as much as it took to
drive DS to and from the dentist yesterday, so probably not more than 20-30
minutes.
Just wondering if anyone has heard this one and if there's any comments or
opinions on it.
So far as I can tell, even though it's old, it does seem to have some really
good points, ideas and tips. My cousin said it was an excellent audio book
to check out, especially if you have a very strong-willed child that you are
just about ready to string up from the ceiling lol