April fools ideas?

Old March 31st 04, 05:24 PM
lm

Default April fools ideas?

I need some new ideas, kids. I'll show you mine if you show me yours.
Here's what worked last year:

pebbles in the breakfast bowls
buttermilk over the cereal
sour cream in the toothpaste tube
salt in the coffee (this one wasn't for the kids :-)

This year I think I'm going to put dry cat food in the cereal box, but
what else?! They've come to expect being fooled so I have to be
sneaky.

lm
Old March 31st 04, 05:44 PM
Viceroy Fizzlebottom

lm wrote:
I need some new ideas, kids. I'll show you mine if you show me yours.
Here's what worked last year:

pebbles in the breakfast bowls
buttermilk over the cereal
sour cream in the toothpaste tube
salt in the coffee (this one wasn't for the kids :-)

This year I think I'm going to put dry cat food in the cereal box, but
what else?! They've come to expect being fooled so I have to be
sneaky.

I'll probably take some flack for this one, but...

Every year my son gets me with something, so last year, I decided to
zing him back, big time. Since he had just turned 13, I created a fake
letter from the DOD (Army actually) and a personalized form letter from
Donny Rumsfeld indicating that the president signed an executive order
authorizing the Army to draft down to age thirteen for service and
logistics jobs to support the actions in the middle east. He was to
report to the local MEPS facility that weekend for processing and ship
out to basic training. I made it look really official and had my sister
place it in the mailbox (since he was first home and checked the mail
first.)

He fell for it hook, line and sinker....called me at work, called his
mom, his grandma, everyone...it wasn't until later that night that I
sprung it as a joke.

He didn't speak to me for two days.

It was classic ;-)
--
Eric W.
Colorado Springs, CO

A.A.#2174

Me: http://www.egwilliams.net

Old March 31st 04, 07:49 PM
Lisa

"Viceroy Fizzlebottom" wrote in message
He fell for it hook, line and sinker....called me at work, called his
mom, his grandma, everyone...it wasn't until later that night that I
sprung it as a joke.

He didn't speak to me for two days.

It was classic ;-)
--

LMAO

Lisa

Me: http://www.egwilliams.net

Old April 1st 04, 07:21 PM
Dennis Here

lm wrote in message . ..
I need some new ideas, kids. I'll show you mine if you show me yours.
Here's what worked last year:

pebbles in the breakfast bowls
buttermilk over the cereal
sour cream in the toothpaste tube
salt in the coffee (this one wasn't for the kids :-)

This year I think I'm going to put dry cat food in the cereal box, but
what else?! They've come to expect being fooled so I have to be
sneaky.

lm

Freddie caught me this morning. He changed ends in his bed last night
so I woke up his feet!
Smart bit of forward thinking.

Dennis
Old April 2nd 04, 04:44 PM
lm

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 16:44:49 GMT, Viceroy Fizzlebottom
wrote:

lm wrote:
[...]

Holy moly! I think that one's a winner! My
homemade-salty-playdough-made-to-look-like-cinnamon-scones pales in
comparison, although one kid and one spouse were fooled enough :-)

lm