Kids should work...

Old December 6th 03, 10:18 PM
Sherman

Default Kids should work...

"Dan Sullivan" wrote in message

"ChrisScaife" wrote in message

"Ignoramus29143" wrote in message
In article , Kane

wrote:

I see you have been going anywhere but to my question in response to
your defense of spanking and OUR confusion about spanking being
beating.

spanking is a subset of beating.

IMHO beating starts when the victim shows lasting injury:
bruises, broken bones, brain damage, death...

How about if the victim is too young to understand that the pain they're
feeling is supposed to be good for them?

How about if the victim doesn't show a lasting physical injury but the
frequency of the spankings is enough to cause emotional damage?

Doesn't emotional damage count for anything?

When I was growing up I knew a kid who was spanked to sleep almost every
night of his adolescence.

He wet his bed almost every night well into his teens.

No physical injuries.

But he treats his children no better than he was treated.

Is that lasting injury long enough for ya?

Yep. That's the longest lasting damage of all. It goes on for generations.

Most parents spank a child because of their own anger. It is rarely in
relationship to whatever transgression that the child has performed. Thanks
for pointing this out, Dan.

Sherman.

Old December 6th 03, 10:50 PM
ChrisScaife

wrote:

I see you have been going anywhere but to my question in response to
your defense of spanking and OUR confusion about spanking being
beating.

spanking is a subset of beating.

IMHO beating starts when the victim shows lasting injury:
bruises, broken bones, brain damage, death...

How about if the victim is too young to understand that the pain they're
feeling is supposed to be good for them?

Good point.... although I would tend to think of it as emotional or
psychological abuse then.

Just so there is no doubt: I do not support any form of CP.
I didn't need it to train my dog.
I don't need it for a child either!

Old December 7th 03, 02:00 AM
toto

On Sun, 7 Dec 2003 10:41:11 +1300, "ChrisScaife"
wrote:

"bobb" wrote in message
nk.net...

I also found there is a sexual content to spanking. Dumb me... I never
gave a thought about S & M associations. There are adults who get off on
spanking their kids.

Hum...

I once saw a picture by a famous artist... of mother Mary spanking baby
Jezus.

I wish I could remember whom it was by!
The expression Mary's face really said it all!

Anyone else seen it ?

I had not seen it, but found the reference. It's by Max Ernst.

An image of the painting is online at:

http://www.duke.edu/web/lit132/spanking.html

--
Dorothy

The Outer Limits
Old December 7th 03, 03:01 AM
Dan Sullivan

wrote:

I see you have been going anywhere but to my question in response

your defense of spanking and OUR confusion about spanking being
beating.

spanking is a subset of beating.

IMHO beating starts when the victim shows lasting injury:
bruises, broken bones, brain damage, death...

How about if the victim is too young to understand that the pain they're
feeling is supposed to be good for them?

Good point.... although I would tend to think of it as emotional or
psychological abuse then.

And the difference is?

Just so there is no doubt: I do not support any form of CP.
I didn't need it to train my dog.
I don't need it for a child either!

Good for you... and your children.

Old December 7th 03, 04:24 AM
ChrisScaife

Oh wow!
Another one!

The one I saw Mary was scowling and looking vindictive.
Jezus was howling and looking desperate.

Thanks for finding this one though!

Old December 9th 03, 07:10 AM
Chris

In alt.parenting.spanking Ignoramus25226 wrote:
: In article , ChrisScaife wrote:
:
: "Ignoramus29143" wrote in message
: ...
: In article , Kane wrote:
:
: I see you have been going anywhere but to my question in response to
: your defense of spanking and OUR confusion about spanking being
: beating.
:
: spanking is a subset of beating.
:
: IMHO beating starts when the victim shows lasting injury:
: bruises, broken bones, brain damage, death...
:
:

: Bruises are not "lasting damage".

Bruises are a form of injury, and severe ones may be visible for
weeks. Bruising occurs when blood vessels in the dermis rupture from an
impact and leaked blood clots in the interstitial spaces, giving rise to
the characteristic discoloration associated with bruises.

: Besides, you can inflict pretty extreme pain on someone without
: bruises showing up.

This is true.

: And also, effects of horror and humiliation and feeling abused is
: certainly a "lasting damage to the brain".

Not the brain, but certainly the psyche.

By the way, just as a point of information, Odham's Dictionary of the
English Language defines "spanking" as "a beating with a flat object."

Chris
Old December 9th 03, 05:54 PM
Doan

: In article , Kane wrote:
:
[...]

So we should change the name this newsgroup to
alt.parenting.beating-with-a-flat-object! Don't you just love
words game? ;-)

Doan

Old December 10th 03, 08:05 PM
Doan

In article , Kane wrote:

I see you have been going anywhere but to my question in response to
your defense of spanking and OUR confusion about spanking being
beating.

spanking is a subset of beating.

How about a swat on the buttock? Is it a spanking or a beating?

Doan

Old December 15th 03, 03:23 PM
bobb

Default | bobbaloo was Kids should work...

"Kane" wrote in message
om...
Now here's a pip...

Something of bobb's no doubt.

see my reply intersperced.....

Kids should work !!! Kane General 57 December 3rd 03 06:17 AM
Which work for kids? Llort Agig General 0 November 22nd 03 01:51 AM
At wit's end (looooong) ColoradoSkiBum General 70 October 12th 03 02:48 AM
FWD bad judgement or abuse Trunk kids begged to ride Kane General 2 August 5th 03 05:54 PM
Article on kids and concerts Bill1255 General 6 July 21st 03 01:16 PM