Some advice please....boyfriend issues

Old February 24th 04, 02:09 AM
hdbabe

Default Some advice please....boyfriend issues

I have been with the most incrediable guy for about 16 months. We do lots of fun things together, include the kids as much as possible, ect. We have even discussed going further in our relationship, sounds good right. He's the guardian of two half-brothers, and I have one kid.(a boy) However, when I was putting away some of his laundry(yes, we help each other a lot-even with laundry), I noticed that he kept all the cards and notes that I have written to him(sweet huh?). But here's the clincher, when I decided to go thru them, just for sentimental reasons, I noticed that my notes/cards weren't the only ones he kept. He had been keeping ones from a women he dated prior to me, along with the ones I gave him. In other words, they were all mixed up together. So, what would you do? Say something? Leave it alone? I know your thinking I was being noisy, I really wasn't, he knows that I have put away his stuff before. And he has always said that 'he has no secrets'. But I can't help but wonder if he hasn't 'let go' of the previous women? Is that why he's keeping the notes and cards? So does anyone think I'm overreacting? Being paranoid? Could use some constructive advice please. Just no tounge lashing. Thanks

Old February 24th 04, 11:50 AM
Kim

"hdbabe" wrote in message
lkaboutsupport.com...
[...]

Ummmmmmmm I would just ask him... He'll tell you something... If it's what
you want to believe and trust then all is good... The notes are from BEFORE
you... Sounds like you have already made up your mind to question his
sentiments whether you confront him or let it fester and stew inside you...
You are right I do think you were probably being nosey... The question of
where you found them comes to mind... Were they sitting on the dresser in
plain sight or did you have to dig through the drawers to actually find
them? That puts a twist on your story as well... I know I have mementos of
previous relationships (yes even from the DBD LOL even HE had good in him at
one point) Do I keep them all together? Sure I do... They are all good, fond
memories... I keep mine in the bottom of my dresser drawer as keep sakes for
when I'm feeling blue...

Just ask him... You will only believe what you want to anyway

Old February 24th 04, 01:25 PM
Tiffany

hdbabe wrote in message
lkaboutsupport.com...
[...]

If you are sure those notes were written prior to your relationship with
him, leave it be.

Old February 24th 04, 02:22 PM
Bebe lestrnge

Some advice please....boyfriend issues

Group: alt.support.single-parents Date: Mon, Feb 23, 2004, 7:09pm
(EST-1) From: (hdbabe)
[...]

One of the most important needs in a long lasting relationship is trust.
If you don't trust him and you are doubting him, the relationship is in
trouble. You need to be open, honest and communicate with him
immediately about it. I am pretty sure I know this. My partner and I
both have "things" from past relationships....I understand she had
something good at one time and for what ever reason it ended, and I have
the same story, We communicate what we are feeling and did from the
start, clear the air about these things . We trust ,love and understand
each others needs about it. Hope this helps !! Bev

Old February 24th 04, 02:30 PM
lm

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 19:09:27 -0600, "hdbabe"
wrote:

[...]

Why are you going through his stuff? Even if it was in plain sight,
which it wasn't, he has a past. So do you. That you unearthed evidence
of his past doesn't say anything about him.

lm
Old February 24th 04, 06:00 PM
hdbabe

Thanks all. Whether the items were left out in the open(they were) or not is irrelevent. I know that now. But I think the message is the same from everyone...trust, communication and love are key. I cannot let this bother me, I have to let it go. Bev your right, we all do have 'things', but after my divorce, I got rid of a lot. For me it was a way of moving on...let go of the past.

Old February 25th 04, 12:31 AM
Kim

"hdbabe" wrote in message
lkaboutsupport.com...
Thanks all. Whether the items were left out in the open(they were) or not

is irrelevent. I know that now. But I think the message is the same from
everyone...trust, communication and love are key. I cannot let this bother
me, I have to let it go. Bev your right, we all do have 'things', but after
my divorce, I got rid of a lot. For me it was a way of moving on...let go of
the past.

Nope... not irrelevant actually... If they are out in the open that means
it's all over and they are nothing more than fond memories and you should be
pleased that these people made it possible for him to be the person he is
It also shows he has absolutely nothing to hide from you which says alot
about the confidence he feels in a relationship with you... Congratulations

Old February 25th 04, 02:13 AM
Karen Brzeski

DON'T MAKE AN ISSUE WHERE THERE ISN'T ONE. BUY HIM A FILE CABINET AND
LABEL THE FILE LOVE NOTES AND CARDS.

Old February 25th 04, 01:00 PM
Nick

"xkatx" wrote ...

(Sorry for the pic attachment... I hate them, and I know everyone else

does too, but I hate
someone with no knowledge of where the caps lock is even more.)

Isnt it ironic..... doncha think?

a little tooooooooo ironic.....

Yeah I really do think ;-)