Long time, no post...

Old January 27th 05, 10:32 AM
Alex

Default Long time, no post...

Hello all,
First of all I'd like to preface this by saying it's been a long time--three
years I think--since I've posted to this NG. I've skimmed over the last
200-300 messages and I do recognize some names such as Joelle, CME, Karen,
and Kate. (I think Kate lives in Houston if my memory serves me right).
There was a very popular poster on here (well not everyone liked him) that
passed away...I do remember that many posters were deeply saddened at his
passing. I want to say his name was Peter but I can't remember for sure.
There was also a poster who fought bitterly with him (I think her name was
Lorian)--she had some form of social anxiety disorder and agoraphobia.
I posted originally as Alex until "Peter" (if that was his name) and I had a
few offline problems. I then started posting as George1984. At the end I
resumed posting as Alex (my actual name).
Some of you may remember me as Peter and I fought constantly and I was
always defending Lorian (again if that was her name).
Can anyone refresh my memory (Joelle, CME, etc.) with names, etc. Does
anyone know what happened to Lorian?
If nothing else, can someone tell me where I can find archived ASSP
messages?
Thanks, in advance.
Alex

Old January 27th 05, 06:54 PM
denanson

"Alex" wrote in message

Can anyone refresh my memory (Joelle, CME, etc.) with names, etc. Does
anyone know what happened to Lorian?
If nothing else, can someone tell me where I can find archived ASSP
messages?
Thanks, in advance.
Alex

I remember you.
Peterd upset a lot of people over the years before he suddenly passed away,
then, because he died , upset a lot more people.
Lorian was here til about a year ago. Her son had left home to live with an
Aunt (I think) and she said she was going to concentrate on keeping things
together. You should still be able to reach her on her old address.
The archive can be accessed through the Google search engine homepage. click
on groups, then type in a alt.support.single and hit return.
That should keep you in reading matter for a year or so!

So why the return? Nostalgia? or are you looking for advice?

Dennis

Old January 27th 05, 07:17 PM
denanson

"Alex" wrote in message

Thanks, in advance.

PS A quick search found this post for yesterday.
Message 6 in thread
From: osote )
Subject: SSD/Ticket to Work

View this article only
Newsgroups: alt.support.depression.manic.moderated
Date: 2005-01-26 02:17:37 PST

Where does it say you get to keep your earnings up to $820 plus your
ssi? Voc Rehab told me today that the ticket to work has no effect on
our benefits or earnings, it is only there to expand the rights of
private companies to "help" us i.e. make a profit from our poverty
while doing nothing for us.

Anyway, I took a part time job thinking that I could keep my earnings
plus my ssi because of the ticket to work and now I can't prove it.

Lorian

Old January 27th 05, 07:20 PM
CME

"Alex" wrote in message
[...]

Welcome back Alex. So what's new?

Christine

Old January 27th 05, 08:38 PM

"Alex" wrote in message
[...]

Lorian, the last time I spoke with her via email was fine.
I remember you. I have posted here quite sometime. Do you remember Didi too?
Did you know that Cici passed away as well? I think Pat did too, if I am not
mistaken.
Welcome back. What is going on with you?
V, aka Vicky

--
"One way to stop a runaway horse is to bet on him."
Jeffrey Bernard.

Old January 28th 05, 02:49 AM
Alex

"denanson" Dennis@Large .ie wrote in message

"Alex" wrote in message

Can anyone refresh my memory (Joelle, CME, etc.) with names, etc. Does
anyone know what happened to Lorian?
If nothing else, can someone tell me where I can find archived ASSP
messages?
Thanks, in advance.
Alex

I remember you.

Yes I remember you too...

Peterd upset a lot of people over the years before he suddenly passed

away,
then, because he died , upset a lot more people.
Lorian was here til about a year ago. Her son had left home to live with

an
Aunt (I think) and she said she was going to concentrate on keeping things
together. You should still be able to reach her on her old address.

Thanks for the info. Her and I had a strange relationship. I know alot of
the gripes about her and I can see where people
see that about her. But once you got to know her she was a good person, a
little odd at times (okay sometimes alot odd), but a good person nonetheless

The archive can be accessed through the Google search engine homepage.

click
on groups, then type in a alt.support.single and hit return.
That should keep you in reading matter for a year or so!

So why the return? Nostalgia? or are you looking for advice?

A little of both I suppose. Being a single parent in a state where 99% of
SPs are mothers makes me yearn for the days where I
could actually talk to other single fathers about real issues.

Thanks for the info Dennis.
Alex

Dennis

Old January 28th 05, 03:01 AM
Alex

"CME" wrote in message

"Alex" wrote in message

Welcome back Alex. So what's new?

Thanks Christine, I remember you also .
Well the kids are older now, 13 & 16, and so it is much easier than it was 3
years ago (as I'm sure some of you can relate).
I met this wonderful woman about 2 years ago and we are getting married
soon. She has no kids but does want at least one..soooo, about 3 hours in
surgery
under the knife this past monday will hopefully reverse the vasectomy I had
done several years ago. (By the way, if any of you guys are pondering this
procedure, keep in mind your scrotum will swell to about the size of a
baseball or larger--no I'm not kidding--for at least 3 days before it kindly
decides to begin shrinking.)
I'm still in the military and have 2 years to retire. Hmm...let's
see...I've started collecting 19th century oil lamps and antique history
books--I just bought a fully leather bound copy of the 1866, 4-volume
"History of the United States" whixch is pretty fascinating considering it
was published within 1 year following the civil war.
Other than that, just doing the single parent thing (and preparing to get
remarried after almost 7 years).
So what's up with you?
Alex

Christine

Old January 28th 05, 03:03 AM
Alex

"V" wrote in message

"Alex" wrote in message
[...]

Yes I remember you too. I'm sorry to hear about Didi...her and I had it out
a few times but she was okay by me.

Did you know that Cici passed away as well? I think Pat did too, if I am

not
mistaken.

Pat...hmm...wasn't she somewhat of the matriarch of ASSP??

Welcome back. What is going on with you?

See previous post
How are things with you?
Alex
V, aka Vicky

Old January 28th 05, 09:26 PM
Karen

'Kate wrote:
No! Really? I hadn't heard. The last thing I heard about Pat was
that she was happily in love and her child was grown and on her own
... or in college and away. Something like that. I just thought she
got married and lost interest in this group.

Gosh, I hadn't heard that about Pat, either. Last I heard, she was
enjoying the empty nest syndrome, too.
Lorian's around. I hope she pops in here to say howdy!

Karen

Old January 28th 05, 10:30 PM
Lisa

"'Kate" wrote in message
On 28 Jan 2005 13:26:44 -0800, "Karen" wrote:

'Kate wrote:
No! Really? I hadn't heard. The last thing I heard about Pat was
that she was happily in love and her child was grown and on her own
... or in college and away. Something like that. I just thought she
got married and lost interest in this group.

Gosh, I hadn't heard that about Pat, either. Last I heard, she was
enjoying the empty nest syndrome, too.
Lorian's around. I hope she pops in here to say howdy!

Karen

I hope they both do! And I often wonder how Maureen is doing.

'Kate

Indeed, last that I heard, Mo had sustained a very serious back injury. I
would really like to know how she is, but I don't have her email anymore.
Crap.

Lisa

misc.kids FAQ on Good things about having kids [email protected] Info and FAQ's 0 June 28th 04 07:42 PM
Kids should work... bobb General 108 December 15th 03 03:23 PM
Birth story: very late and *extremely* long Sidheag McCormack Pregnancy 14 December 13th 03 08:37 PM
Kids should work. ChrisScaife Foster Parents 16 December 7th 03 04:27 AM