Babies and Bills

Old May 18th 04, 06:54 AM
melbgal1

Default Babies and Bills

In article . net, Jamie
Clark says...
I don't know the stats off the top of my head, but isn't 24 hours sort of an
average time for labor? I mean, 30 isn't that much longer. Many women have
forceps or vacuum extraction -- I don't think either of those two options
are consider above and beyond the call of duty.

I think it's a crock of ****.

Heh. Well said

Call and complain. Write a letter to the
medical group, and cc the OB. Then, switch to a new OB/Gyn or midwife if
you decide to get pregnant again.

I've got my first 'post' appt at the Obs in 2weeks time. Will be
bringing it up then.

--
Proudly presenting Bébé B
Born 20.Apr.2004
Old May 18th 04, 11:07 PM
A&G&K

"melbgal1" wrote in message
t...
In article . net, Jamie
Clark says...
I don't know the stats off the top of my head, but isn't 24 hours sort

of an
average time for labor? I mean, 30 isn't that much longer. Many women

have
forceps or vacuum extraction -- I don't think either of those two

options
are consider above and beyond the call of duty.

I think it's a crock of ****.

Heh. Well said

Call and complain. Write a letter to the
medical group, and cc the OB. Then, switch to a new OB/Gyn or midwife

if
you decide to get pregnant again.

I've got my first 'post' appt at the Obs in 2weeks time. Will be
bringing it up then.

Make sure you bring it up at the end of the appt .... I had a smear at the 6
week appt and you don't want a cranky person doing that!

Seriously though .. try to stick to your guns and ask for a detailed
explanation of the bill at the appt, and perhaps write a letter asking for a
written account of the excess $$$.

Amanda

--
DD 15th August 2002
1 tiny angel Nov 2003

Old May 19th 04, 02:15 AM
Jill

"melbgal1" wrote
I doubt it's to pay the lovely midwife who spent her whole 12hr shift
with me. hmm.

I saw an OB for my postpartum pain (since an OB delivered me and I was not
thrilled with the way the midwives did me over pain, especially saying it
was due to anxiety etc), and I noticed that he had it billed/credited it
back to the midwives. So it looks like they will get to collect the
insurance money for the OB visit.

I think that's fair. The midwife was with me most of labor. And it isn't a
discredit to her that I felt better seeing the OB when I was having very
bad pain a week later, since the OB's used the forceps and did the
stitching.

Maybe by some luck, your midwife WILL see some of that salary!

Jill

Old May 22nd 04, 07:35 PM
Naomi Pardue

I got a new bill on Friday, from my Dr.
An extra $1000+ on top of his regular bill for a "long & difficult
labour".

Was it from the OB or the hospital? I got charged extra for my long labor by
the hospital, since they charged basically for use of the L&D room. But the OB
charge was a flat fee.

I would definitely complain if it was a doctor bill. (Esp. an extra $1000? How
much does that work out to per hour?)

Naomi
CAPPA Certified Lactation Educator

reply.)
Old May 25th 04, 11:29 PM
Jennifer Raccuglia

"A&G&K" wrote in message ...
"melbgal1" wrote in message
[...]

Also, don't know if it will help any, but try getting the hospital to
audit the hospital bills.

JR