Could this pain be from taking Zoloft?

Old March 27th 04, 08:21 AM
Andrea

Default Could this pain be from taking Zoloft?

I have been on Zoloft a few months now. It worked right away and I felt
great. But it has lost it's effectiveness. I am on 50mg, do I need a higher
dose?

Also for a few nights now after taking my Zoloft tablet, I have been in
agony with waves of heartburn type pain, but no acid came up. The pain was
in my chest, and came in waves of burning. It goes by morning, eating makes
it worse, and sleeping upright makes no difference. It just doesn't seem
like heartburn.
I have never experienced anything that painful even when pregnant.

Maybe I have an ulcer, I don't know. This sucks along with my wisdom tooth
removal (

Old March 27th 04, 03:06 PM
Spanannie

50mg is a very low dose. If you are feeling that it's no longer effective,
I think your doctor would prescribe a higher dose.

I've been on Zoloft forever and never had the heartburn that you are talking
about--except when pregnant. But, that doesn't mean that it couldn't be
from that. I'd call your doc.

Annie

Old March 27th 04, 03:47 PM
Karen

Andrea wroteAlso for a few nights now after taking my Zoloft tablet, I have
been in agony with waves of heartburn type pain, but no acid came up. The pain
was
in my chest, and came in waves of burning. It goes by morning, eating makes
it worse, and sleeping upright makes no difference. It just doesn't seem like

heartburn.
I have never experienced anything that painful even when pregnant.

I am on Zoloft and have not had this type of pain. The only time in my life I
did have pain like this is when my gallbladder was on its way out. This is
common in women of child bearing age and those who have used birth control
pills. I let mine go until it was agonizing I ended up in the hospital with
104 fever and a gangrene gallbladder, the only thing that helped me was
Morphine and emergency surgery. I would see your doctor soon.

Karen Ann
Mommy to:
Ashley 11-13-90
Meghan 3-10-97
Hayley "Chunky Monkey" 3-27-03
Old March 27th 04, 05:42 PM
CY

Yes, I agree it does sound like gallbladder pain. No kind of heartburn
would be described as "agonizing" (even though it can be really really
painful). I would go to your doc, but I don't think it has to do with the
Zoloft. Hope you feel better soon...

Old March 29th 04, 01:16 PM
Buzzy Bee

On Sat, 27 Mar 2004 07:21:05 -0000, "Andrea"
wrote:
but then again I might just have mucked up the snipping as usual!
Also for a few nights now after taking my Zoloft tablet, I have been in
agony with waves of heartburn type pain, but no acid came up. The pain was
in my chest, and came in waves of burning.

Yep, I had that on zoloft IIRC. Gave up on it (am now on cipramil,
which I am fine with). Taking the tablet with food did help a bit.

Megan
--
Seoras David Montgomery, 7 May 2003, 17 hours: sunrise to sunset (homebirth)

To e-mail use: megan at farr-montgomery dot com