OT - Front-loading washing machine experiences?

Old October 21st 04, 04:01 AM
Rebecca McGraw

Cathy Weeks wrote:

(asking about front-loading washers)

Hi Cathy, we have a Frigidaire Gallery front-loader we bought in 2000
and I LOVE it. It was definitely the right decision for us to get it!
It's more gentle on the clothes and so quiet, the only problem is if
it's not perfectly level the spinning of the drum will shake the whole
room (our house is on raised piers, not a slab). We can't get detergent
specifically made for front loaders here, I've looked all over, so I
just use Tide Free and use less. Never had any problems and the clothes
get just as clean as when we had a top-loader, maybe even more so. It
seems to be holding up well.

We liked ours so much that when my brother was upgrading appliances
before his son was born in 2002 he got the Sears Kenmore front loader,
and they had very good luck getting the diapers clean with it. Also the
laundry and soap spinning around the glass door fascinates the baby...my
SIL calls it "The Laundry Channel".

Best,
Rebecca