Paramedic paralysed after having swine flu jab provided by ambulance service

Old January 25th 11, 11:10 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med,sci.med.nursing
john[_5_]

Default Paramedic paralysed after having swine flu jab provided by ambulance service

Paramedic paralysed after having swine flu jab provided by ambulance service
Alison Smith Squire
Last updated at 10:44 PM on 24th January 2011

A paramedic was paralysed after having the swine flu jab.

Mother-of-two Sara Hornsey had the injection because the ambulance service
recommended it for front-line staff.

But terrifyingly, two days later, the 30-year-old woke up with no feeling
from her waist down.

Medics diagnosed transverse myelitis, a rare complication often associated
with vaccines.

It meant nerves in her spinal cord were damaged.

A year later, Mrs Hornsey, of Little Hampton, in West Sussex, is able to
walk only with a stick and relies on a wheelchair.

Her case highlights the jab's risks and raises the possibility of countless
more people suffering complications as it is part of the winter flu jab. 'It
was just so frightening,' she said. 'At first I just thought my legs were
asleep but when I tried to get out of bed, I fell to the floor.

'Until this happened I was a healthy and busy working mum.

'I felt lucky as I had a job I adored and loved helping others.'

She had the jab in November 2009. Five months later, bosses at South East
Coast Ambulance Service - where she worked for two years - sacked her
instead of allowing her to take on an office role.

Days later, she saw the department was advertising for office staff and
appealed.

She was offered a job and compensation.

'By then my confidence was shattered and I felt too upset to return,' added
Mrs Hornsey.

'Life has been very hard. Doctors don't know if I will ever get completely
better.'

An Ambulance Service spokesman said he was unable to comment due to an
impending employment tribunal hearing.

Read mo
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...#ixzz1C2W0K52S

Old January 25th 11, 12:32 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med,sci.med.nursing
dr_jeff

Unfortunately, there are rare cases of serious side effects. The lives
saved by vaccines dwarf these rare, but serious side effects.

Last year, how many people died from smallpox? None, thanks to vaccines.

Jeff