Why a Son Needs a Dad

Old March 18th 07, 02:38 AM posted to misc.kids
MarkTkD

Default Why a Son Needs a Dad

Some people don't seem to get it that a son needs a dad:

http://markbrudnak.com

Old March 18th 07, 03:10 AM posted to misc.kids
deja.blues

"MarkTkD" wrote in message
oups.com...
Some people don't seem to get it that a son needs a dad:

Which people?

Old March 18th 07, 03:20 AM posted to misc.kids
deja.blues

"MarkTkD" wrote in message
oups.com...
Some people don't seem to get it that a son needs a dad:

And a mom - conveniently erased.

Don't buy Labradoodles ,aka high-priced mutts. Teach your kids to respect
animals and give homes to pets in need, not buy them from backyard breeders
or pet stores.

Old March 18th 07, 01:32 PM posted to misc.kids
Banty

In article .com, MarkTkD
says...

Some people don't seem to get it that a son needs a dad:

http://markbrudnak.com

Cute site. Joys and connections of parenting.

Why did it have to be introduced with such a defensive sentence?

Banty

Old March 18th 07, 01:42 PM posted to misc.kids
enigma

Banty wrote in
:

In article
.com,
MarkTkD says...

Some people don't seem to get it that a son needs a dad:

http://markbrudnak.com

Cute site. Joys and connections of parenting.

Why did it have to be introduced with such a defensive
sentence?

looks like dad is divorced to me, & ****ed at mom.
most of what he has written about dads can just as easily be
provided by mom (except anything to do with team sports, in my
case, as i am not a fan of organized kid's sports, but i'm not
all mothers either g). i certainly can bait hooks & remove
fish (carefully, for release!) & teach shooting.

lee
--
Question with boldness even the existence of god; because if
there be
Old March 18th 07, 04:03 PM posted to misc.kids
Banty

In article , enigma says...

Banty wrote in
:

In article
.com,
MarkTkD says...

Some people don't seem to get it that a son needs a dad:

http://markbrudnak.com

Cute site. Joys and connections of parenting.

Why did it have to be introduced with such a defensive
sentence?

looks like dad is divorced to me, & ****ed at mom.
most of what he has written about dads can just as easily be
provided by mom (except anything to do with team sports, in my
case, as i am not a fan of organized kid's sports, but i'm not
all mothers either g). i certainly can bait hooks & remove
fish (carefully, for release!) & teach shooting.

lee

Oh absolutely, me too. Especially being a never-married single mom myself.
Women can do team sports and do. As far as "mens room etiquette" - really, it
dosn't take a college course for a boy to get that one down. Any uncle or
friend can do that.

But looking at the site, I thought - what if. What if it said "Why a boy needs
a mom." Betcha it would then be read more as "Why a boy needs a good parent."

And, a lot of what is listed is what Dad's *should* be doing and some don't.
Including dads showing up in front of family judges all talking about what
providers they are, or worse, how they've now lined up a new girlfriend/fiancee
and now can offer their child(ren) "an intact family". So, frankly, it's great
to see a lot of that day to day and minute to minute *parenting* listed on a
site about what dads can do for thier sons. And there's a lot of love evident.

Maybe I just choose to look at it that way :-) But, when I look at it, there it
is.

It's the way it got introduced in the original post that's such a detraction to
it.

Banty

Old March 18th 07, 04:53 PM posted to misc.kids
deja.blues

"enigma" wrote in message
. ..
Banty wrote in
:

In article
.com,
MarkTkD says...

Some people don't seem to get it that a son needs a dad:

http://markbrudnak.com

Cute site. Joys and connections of parenting.

Why did it have to be introduced with such a defensive
sentence?

looks like dad is divorced to me, & ****ed at mom.
most of what he has written about dads can just as easily be
provided by mom (except anything to do with team sports, in my
case, as i am not a fan of organized kid's sports, but i'm not
all mothers either g). i certainly can bait hooks & remove
fish (carefully, for release!) & teach shooting.

Google this guy - he thinks you can cure autism , and other things, with
some sort of probiotics.

Old March 18th 07, 06:51 PM posted to misc.kids
Stephanie

"Banty" wrote in message
In article , enigma says...

Banty wrote in
:

In article
.com,
MarkTkD says...

[...]

I think a boy needs a good parent too. In my opinion though, a child could
really use 2 good parents. Or if they could manage in 12. But I think the
point of some activists in this area is that if a child has 2 willing
parents, the child has a right to *both* not just Mom. My Mom, a family
lawyer in one of the states, says that men's rights in divorce custody
decisions are coming closer to center, but are still pretty seriously skewed
toward women. She says it is better in her state than many. And that many
Dads get very little in the way of access and parenting rights.

In my opinion, that is not in the best interest of any child. I agree with
the activists who say that men have as much to give in the situation of a
hetero couple divorcer custody situation. And baiting a hook is not the
point. If I were a father after divorce, I wuld not be ****ed at my wife
necessarily but at the system that does not protect my children's right to 2
loving parents when that is what they have.

I am not sure if you both know this and I am being dense. If I am, I
appologize.

And, a lot of what is listed is what Dad's *should* be doing and some
don't.
Including dads showing up in front of family judges all talking about what
providers they are, or worse, how they've now lined up a new
girlfriend/fiancee
and now can offer their child(ren) "an intact family". So, frankly, it's
great
to see a lot of that day to day and minute to minute *parenting* listed on
site about what dads can do for thier sons. And there's a lot of love
evident.

Unfortunaly, there is enough blame when it comes to crappy parenting to go
around for both genders! Wish it weren't so.

Old March 18th 07, 08:14 PM posted to misc.kids
enigma

"deja.blues" wrote in

Google this guy - he thinks you can cure autism , and other
things, with some sort of probiotics.

oh, you *do* know where my hot button is!
i hope that cute little guy in the pictures isn't an autie
with a dad like that...

lee
Old March 22nd 07, 05:29 PM posted to misc.kids
Boliath

Banty wrote:
In article .com, MarkTkD
says...

Some people don't seem to get it that a son needs a dad:

http://markbrudnak.com

Cute site. Joys and connections of parenting.

Why did it have to be introduced with such a defensive sentence?

And music - please folks, cut out the damn music.