Abused foster children restored to home: Children Protective Servicessaid they have no policy that says a convicted child abuser can not be afoster parent.

Old September 7th 07, 10:21 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.support.foster-parents,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,alt.parenting.spanking
fx

Default Abused foster children restored to home: Children Protective Servicessaid they have no policy that says a convicted child abuser can not be afoster parent.

Abused foster children restored to home
KATHERINE ROSENBERG and RYAN ORR

http://www.vvdailypress.com/news/tay..._children.html

VICTORVILLE — Although a local teenager recanted her statement regarding
a sexual relationship with a 23-year-old, he was sentenced Wednesday to
six years in state prison for lewd acts with a child under 14.

Officials question her motivation for changing her story because as a
foster child, she was placed back into the home she was abused in,
months before the case was settled.

Barbara Taylor, 47, foster mother of the victim and eight other
children, was also arrested on suspicion of child abuse in January.

The victim initially alleged that Taylor knew about the sexual
relationship between her nephew, Tim Cole, 23, and the teenage girl, but
later wrote a letter to the court saying she had lied.

Cole was originally charged with abusing a 15-year-old and a
13-year-old, but was only convicted of one count of lewd acts, with the
second count dropped as part of a plea bargain.

“I’m offended that one of the victims currently lives with (Taylor), and
that she brought the victim in here trying to get her to recant,” said
Kathy DiDonato, deputy district attorney for the Victorville courthouse.

Law enforcement officials have expressed the same concerns.

“Do you think putting those kids back in a home where they’ve been
abused is a good idea?” questioned Detective James Wiebeld of the San
Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department Victorville station, who handled
the initial case. “Do you think that might have anything to do with the
kids recanting?”

Taylor maintains that it didn’t.

“The sex was consensual, although no child has the right to consent to
anything,” Taylor said. “Something happened but I had no knowledge of
it, so she wrote a letter to her attorney saying she was sorry she lied,
she never told me.”

Taylor pleaded guilty to willful cruelty to a child, a misdemeanor, on
Aug. 29. She is to serve 90 days in jail and complete a 52-week child
abuse program, according to DiDonato.

“They found the allegations to be untrue and offered me to do 90 days
community service,” Taylor said. “My record is clean.”

Officials from Children Protective Services said they have no policy
that says a convicted child abuser can not be a foster parent.

Norman Dollar, deputy director of CPS for the Desert Region, said that
he could not comment directly on any one case, citing privacy laws.

“Looking at what is going to be best in terms of the long term needs of
a particular child is often tricky,” Dollar said. “It takes time to sort
all of that out.”

But Taylor said she had an interview with a CPS case agent a week
following her arrest and the removal of the children, where it was
indicated the children would be back.

“She told me, ‘we’re going to reunite your kids with you.’” Taylor said.
“The CPS Department really stood behind me. It wasn’t about the
allegations they heard about, it was about the last eight years of
knowing me as a person.”

All nine children were back in the Taylor home within a month and a half
of their removal.

“They asked me if I wanted to take (the victim) back and without a
shadow of a doubt I said yes. That just let me know she needs more help
than she’s received thus far,” Taylor said.

When the Daily Press first broke this story in January, officials
reported that the Taylors were receiving anywhere between $100,000 and
$200,000 in government-issued funds each year to support the children.

Taylor said the figure was off, but did not disclose how much aid the
family receives.

“That was really far from the truth,” she said. “They don’t really give
you enough.”

Taylor explained that her husband lost his job when he was arrested and
that she had been on Worker’s Compensation prior to the arrests.

“I have never lived off these children, I have always worked,” she said.

Taylor added that she has been a foster parent for 24 years and has
promised each child as well as God that she would see them through to
their 18th birthdays.

That’s a number that resonated with DiDonato. With Tim Cole committed to
six years in prison, she calculated that the teenager, as well as a
second foster child who reported abuse, will be 18 and out of the Taylor
home.

“By the time he gets out, both of the victims will be over 18 years old
and able to protect themselves,” DiDonato said. “Since they weren’t able
to protect themselves in the house they are living in.”

CURRENTLY CHILD PROTECTIVE SERVICES VIOLATES MORE CIVIL RIGHTS ON A
DAILY BASIS THEN ALL OTHER AGENCIES COMBINED INCLUDING THE NSA / CIA
WIRETAPPING PROGRAM....

CPS Does not protect children...
It is sickening how many children are subject to abuse, neglect and even
killed at the hands of Child Protective Services.

every parent should read this .pdf from
connecticut dcf watch...

http://www.connecticutdcfwatch.com/8x11.pdf

http://www.connecticutdcfwatch.com

Number of Cases per 100,000 children in the US
These numbers come from The National Center on
Child Abuse and Neglect in Washington. (NCCAN)
Recent numbers have increased significantly for CPS

*Perpetrators of Maltreatment*

Physical Abuse CPS 160, Parents 59
Sexual Abuse CPS 112, Parents 13
Neglect CPS 410, Parents 241
Medical Neglect CPS 14 Parents 12
Fatalities CPS 6.4, Parents 1.5

Imagine that, 6.4 children die at the hands of the very agencies that
are supposed to protect them and only 1.5 at the hands of parents per
100,000 children. CPS perpetrates more abuse, neglect, and sexual abuse
and kills more children then parents in the United States. If the
citizens of this country hold CPS to the same standards that they hold
parents too. No judge should ever put another child in the hands of ANY
government agency because CPS nationwide is guilty of more harm and
death than any human being combined. CPS nationwide is guilty of more
human rights violations and deaths of children then the homes from which
they were removed. When are the judges going to wake up and see that
they are sending children to their death and a life of abuse when
children are removed from safe homes based on the mere opinion of a
bunch of social workers.

CHILD PROTECTIVE SERVICES, HAPPILY DESTROYING THOUSANDS OF INNOCENT
FAMILIES YEARLY NATIONWIDE AND COMING TO YOU'RE HOME SOON...

BE SURE TO FIND OUT WHERE YOUR CANDIDATES STANDS ON THE ISSUE OF
REFORMING OR ABOLISHING CHILD PROTECTIVE SERVICES ("MAKE YOUR CANDIDATES
TAKE A STAND ON THIS ISSUE.") THEN REMEMBER TO VOTE ACCORDINGLY IF THEY
ARE "FAMILY UNFRIENDLY" IN THE NEXT ELECTION...