Arrival of the twins!

Old August 19th 05, 03:18 PM
toto

Congratulations, Ilse! Welcome to the world little ones.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
for health and good growth to both of them.

On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 11:57:13 +0200, Ilse Witch
wrote:

Saturday August 13th saw the birth of two new world citizens: DD and DS2.
Since DD was not lying in full breech and the membranes had ruptured, they
arrived by c-section. They both weighed in at just above 3kg. My recovery
is progressing well, DS2 is nursing like a champ, but needs additional
hospital tests for an enlarged kidney. He is doing wonderful otherwise.

After a good start, DD is having problems with fluctuating bloodsugar
levels. She has a hard time drinking even a bottle of EBM, we have had to
force feed her once and saw improvement this morning, but now it seems she
is slowing down yet again. Perhaps this is her normal behaviour, she has
been more sleepy at this time of day since birth, and seems more alert
through evening and night.

At least we have our 'kraamzuster', a specialized nurse who cares for me
and the babies at home the first week. She is on top of things, and so are
we.

--
Dorothy

The Outer Limits
Old August 19th 05, 03:19 PM
Mermaid

"Ilse Witch" wrote in message
news
[...]

mommy to DS1 (July '02)
mommy to four tiny angels (Oct '03 - Oct '04)
guardian of DH (age classified)
mommy to twins DS2/DD (August '05)

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((Ilse and family))))))))))))))))

Anni

Old August 19th 05, 03:33 PM
Emily

Congrats Ilse & family and welcome to the two new world
citizens! I hope that blood sugar and kidney issues smooth
over soon (that's great about having a nurse around!) and
you all manage to settle into a comfortable routine without
much more ado.

Emily
--
DS 5/02
EDD Labor Day 9/5/05 - still pregnant

Old August 19th 05, 03:56 PM
Nan

wrote:

[...]

YaYYYYYYY!!!!
Welcome to the world, little ones!!!
I'm so happy for you :-)
*hug*

Nan

Old August 19th 05, 04:06 PM
sharalyns

Oh, congratulations! Welcome to the new babies! Names?

I hope your son's kidney turn out to be totally normal and that your
daughter's blood sugars start regulating themselves. :-)

Sharalyn
mom to Alexander James (9/21/01)

Old August 19th 05, 04:07 PM
Crystal Dreamer

"Ilse Witch" wrote:
[...]

I saw this post and got the biggest smile on my face. Congratulations!!!
I'm so happy for you. I hope DD improves and that DS2's testing goes well.

--
-Lisa
Baby Girl due September 2005

Old August 19th 05, 04:32 PM
Plissken

"Ilse Witch" wrote in message
news
[...]

Congratulations Ilse and family!!!! I am soooo happy for you!

Nadene

Old August 19th 05, 04:49 PM
emilymr

Congratulations!!!!!!! I'm so happy for all of you. Here's hoping your
little girl gets the hang of nursing soon, and that everything's OK with
DS2's kidney.

Em
mama to Micah, 11/14/04

B/G twins here Janine Twins & Triplets 1 May 19th 04 03:43 PM
Friend pregnant with twins in hospital :( Jill Pregnancy 6 February 2nd 04 09:15 PM
We're Having Boy/Girl Twins Meg Twins & Triplets 38 November 29th 03 08:37 AM
Woman of 58 gives birth to twins after successful IVF treatment [email protected] Pregnancy 10 July 23rd 03 08:18 AM
AP: Study Shows Fraternal Twins Can Share Placenta Nick Theodorakis Twins & Triplets 1 July 14th 03 05:49 AM