How soon to the home heartbeat things work?

Old June 15th 04, 10:03 PM
Donna Metler

Default How soon to the home heartbeat things work?

I didn't believe it would be an issue, but now, having gone 3 weeks since my
last appointment, I find myself getting panic stricken over not having
verification that this baby is still alive. I know moving to the every 4
week appointments vs every 2 is actually a good sign, but it's making me
nervous. The heartbeat was audible on doppler at 9 wks 7 days (I'm 12 weeks
7 days now).

Has anyone gotten any of those bebe sounds things that let you hear the
heartbeat at home, and if so, does it work? How early? If it's like last
time, I won't feel movement until 20 weeks or so.

--
Donna DeVore Metler
Orff Music, band, and choir, Lester Focused Literacy School

Mother to Angel Brian Anthony Metler, 1/1/02, (22 weeks, severe PE/HELLP
syndrome)
And "Cuddles"-EDD 12/29/04

Old June 15th 04, 10:44 PM
Marie

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 16:03:27 -0500, "Donna Metler"
wrote:
I didn't believe it would be an issue, but now, having gone 3 weeks since my
last appointment, I find myself getting panic stricken over not having
verification that this baby is still alive. I know moving to the every 4
week appointments vs every 2 is actually a good sign, but it's making me
nervous. The heartbeat was audible on doppler at 9 wks 7 days (I'm 12 weeks
7 days now).
Has anyone gotten any of those bebe sounds things that let you hear the
heartbeat at home, and if so, does it work? How early? If it's like last
time, I won't feel movement until 20 weeks or so.

I was about 12 weeks when we heard it with both the bebe monitor and a
regular stethoscope. This was my third pregnancy though and I started
feeling movement at 10 weeks, I think the baby was turned with it's
belly out so it was easier to feel and hear.
Marie
Old June 15th 04, 11:28 PM
Sophie

"Donna Metler" wrote in message
. ..
I didn't believe it would be an issue, but now, having gone 3 weeks since

my
last appointment, I find myself getting panic stricken over not having
verification that this baby is still alive. I know moving to the every 4
week appointments vs every 2 is actually a good sign, but it's making me
nervous. The heartbeat was audible on doppler at 9 wks 7 days (I'm 12

weeks
7 days now).

Has anyone gotten any of those bebe sounds things that let you hear the
heartbeat at home, and if so, does it work? How early? If it's like last
time, I won't feel movement until 20 weeks or so.

--
Donna DeVore Metler
Orff Music, band, and choir, Lester Focused Literacy School

I only know one person who used one of those and she couldn't hear the
heartbeat with it till about 20 weeks.

Old June 16th 04, 03:27 AM
Melody

"Donna Metler" wrote in message news:RrJzc.41023
Has anyone gotten any of those bebe sounds things that let you hear the
heartbeat at home, and if so, does it work? How early? If it's like last
time, I won't feel movement until 20 weeks or so.

Even at 42 weeks I couldn't hear my baby's heartbeat with one of those bebe
things... heard mine really well though

Melody

Old June 16th 04, 03:54 AM
Jennifer and Robert Howe

well I was about 16 weeks when we could here our little one and I used
something called a wombsong.

Jennifer
Ariana 8/17/03

Old June 16th 04, 04:17 AM
Amber

I had a few scares at the beginning of this pregnancy (plus I have history of
infertility), so I was especially anxious that I wasn't feeling movement as
much. I rented a doppler over the internet around 16 weeks and usually can
find the heartbeat on the first try! It is exactly like the one at my OB's
office. I will send it back this month as I am 22 weeks and feeling baby daily
now.

The website that I rented from is www.babybeat.com. I spend $32/month and, like
I said, have only had it 2 months. So, $64 was easy for me to justify for 2
months of peace of mind . Also, they ship to your door and ship back free of
charge. Check it out!

Amber
Mommy to Parker (12/7/99) and Spencer (12/5/01)
Baby Girl due 10/2004!!
"You'll be his first kiss; his first love; his first friend. You are his
mother...and he is your whole life."
Old June 16th 04, 04:18 AM
Marion Boulden

Donna Metler wrote:

[...]

I totally relate to needing constant verification. My panic eased at 18 weeks
when i started feeling the baby move. I wasn't so bad off though, since I see
both my OB and a perinatologist once a month, i.e. one or the other every 2
weeks, so I'm either seeing or hearing the baby twice a month... Still, it
would be fun to hear the heartbeat any time I want!

The Bebe Sounds website
(http://www.bebesounds.com/products_p...escription.asp) says
that you should be able to at the beginning of your third trimester. I've
heard people say they've heard the heartbeat much earlier, and some who say they
never heard it at all. You can also look it up on Amazon.com and read the
reviews from people who've bought one. Whether it works for you or not will
have a lot to do with the baby's position and how big you are.

Marion
edd 10/16/2004

Old June 16th 04, 04:31 AM
Donna Metler

"Marion Boulden" wrote in message

Donna Metler wrote:

[...]

That's how we started, but since everything was looking good, I'm currently
only seeing the OB every 4 weeks and the Peri every 6-until 20 weeks or so.
I'm still in phone contact at least 1x week with the CNM.

I know it's a good sign that things are so normal now, but I'm still
paranoid.

Old June 16th 04, 06:41 AM
Amy

((((Donna))))
I _do_ know how you feel. This has only really got easier 30 weeks now
that I feel this one squirming nearly all the time. Once movement starts,
you get terrified when they have a quiet day, and then a doppler would be
very handy.
Midwives/Dr's should be able to hear a h/b from 12-14 weeks lmp - here they
often don't try before then, but I remember our midwife having a lot of
problems with this squirmy little baby, and to the uninitiated it could be a
lot trickier. Be prepared to panic before you get the hang of it. I thought
I couldn't survive early pg without one, but they proved virtually
impossible to get here & somehow I made it! In some ways I'm glad I made do
without one, because I know I would have been beside myself if I had been
unable to find a h/b. Make sure you have a good doc who will see you right
away if you're worried.

[...]

How Children REALLY React To Control Chris General 444 July 20th 04 07:14 PM
Stay at home mom libbymom04 Pregnancy 21 June 14th 04 06:10 AM
'Horrible' Home Kane General 1 July 16th 03 02:29 AM