tired of bf

Old September 24th 03, 09:26 PM
MonifromMarrs

Default tired of bf AND sex drive question

still waiting for the sex drive to come back! Will it ever??? And I think we
all feel tired and overwelmed with bf and taking care of a baby in general but
then we get over it hopefully because it is so worth it. Moni
Old September 24th 03, 09:50 PM
Lisa Besko

Default tired of bf

I quit pumping at one year old 'cause I hated that part and we are still
nursing at 23 months.

I'm getting annoyed at the comfort sucking in the night when it last
for hours. I can handle a few minutes but the hours drive me nuts. not
to mention that I'm 5 months pg and my nipples HURT. you would think
that would motivate me to wean but I guess I'm too "stupid" for that (or
low on will power or just love my little boy that much).

LB

Shannon G wrote:
I am so tired of breastfeeding I could scream. DD is 10 months old and has
never tasted formula and is eating plenty of solids. She sleeps thru from
730PM til 530 or 6AM. I work FT and pump. OK, I should feel like I have
it easy. So, why am I tired of pumping 2-3X per day, being the only one to
console her with booby snacks, having NO sex drive, washing pump parts, 20
minutes of comfort sucking in the evenings (I'd rather play Legos with my 3
yo), having NO sex drive did I say that already? BTW, AF has not returned
yet despite her sleeping thru the night since 5 1/2 months.

Not looking for ((((( )))))) or good job, you did it for 10 months, etc.
but does anyone else feel this way? Why do I feel like this? I always took
such pride in the fact that I was able to give her only bm.

Shannon

--
Lisa L.W. Besko SCNC Voice : 517-432-4040
Systems Analyst SCNC E-mail :

Old September 24th 03, 10:42 PM
badgirl

"MonifromMarrs" wrote in message
still waiting for the sex drive to come back! Will it ever??? And

I think we
all feel tired and overwelmed with bf and taking care of a baby in

general but
then we get over it hopefully because it is so worth it. Moni

I'm at 16 months with Nicolas and sill have NO sex drive what so ever.
Even when we do start I'm really not *into it* until *that* moment.
Most days I'd rather have a nap without munchkin next to me than try
to get it on with DH. Let him watch the baby for a couple hours while
I get some sleep without getting kicked in the back or having my hair
pulled or my breasts being pulled out from under the covers! I hate
waking up cold in the morning with my shoulders cold because *ehem*
somebody wants chocolate!

Jen
*OMG he stinks AGAIN today!*

Old September 25th 03, 02:57 AM
Nevermind

Can I ask whether you guys have your periods back? I felt unlucky to
have gotten almost no break with my 2nd or 3rd babies (periods
returned at 4 mos PP), but I did get my sex drive back by 6 months PP
and perhaps (seems likely to me) that is related to the periods coming
back and the hormones that accompany that cycle.

I definitely think that "affection overload" and "dependence overload"
plays a part as well, though. Sometimes a mother just wants to be
*left alone* for a few minutes.

Also, with my first, before my DH and I had the division of our
much-increased chore list worked out, resentment on both our parts
definitely hurt our sex life. Who wants to have sex with someone
you're smoldering at? Luckily, that passed. After having resumed our
sex life early on after this most recent (3rd) baby, as our life has
gone forward with no breaks, it seems we have gotten on each others'
nerves again. We are just too busy and we would both like the other
person to do more. Thankfully, we've been here twice before, and so I
am confident that it will pass as the baby gets older and life gets
easier.

"CY" wrote in message news:cwbcb.4096$Rd4.1510@fed1read07...
Sorry you're feeling this way. I get that way too (DD is 19 months) and
somedays I go bananas when I am trying to get something done and she just
wants to comfort nurse but then I remind myself why I chose to bf in the
first place and it eventually passes.

I thought it was just me re the sex drive thing - is that pretty common???
I used to be very much into the whole sex thing but now I find it's just
another chore that I am too tired for!! Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy
it, but for me it's like going to the gym - I don't like the idea of going
there, but once I am there I feel better for it. KWIM?

Old September 25th 03, 06:43 AM
Irrational Number

MonifromMarrs wrote:
still waiting for the sex drive to come back! Will it ever??? [...]

SO GLAD to hear this from other ladies... I thought
I was the only one with no interest... I hope it
comes back soon. Hubby is being very patient and I
really appreciate him for that.

-- Anita --
--
SUCCESS FOUR FLIGHTS THURSDAY MORNING ALL AGAINST
TWENTY ONE MILE WIND STARTED FROM LEVEL WITH ENGINE

Old September 25th 03, 08:59 AM
CY

I got my periods back at 7 months pp although they were not really regular
until about 10/11 or so months and even then I'm all over the place cycle
length wise. DD is 19 months now and I still never want to initiate it. DH
is getting pretty frustrated although is v supportive on my continued
nursing, but he thinks that fact that I don't initiate proves that I don't
love him as much since DD came along, which is so not true. I am just so
tired and it's EXHAUSTING staying home with a toddler all day, and as
someone else said, I am so touched out and cuddled out that it's nice to
have "me time" when DD is sleeping (the only time we get a chance for sex
anyway!). Anyway I've been trying to make the effort lately but I do wonder
when I'll get my former "randiness" (as Austin Powers calls it!) back!!

CY
m...

Old September 25th 03, 01:49 PM
MonifromMarrs

I still havnt gotten my AF back.My DD is 9 months old. I dont mind that part
but do wish I had any sexual drive and so does DH. Moni
Old September 25th 03, 08:03 PM
Nevermind

"CY" wrote in message news:vfxcb.5208$Rd4.3457@fed1read07...
I got my periods back at 7 months pp although they were not really regular
until about 10/11 or so months and even then I'm all over the place cycle
length wise. DD is 19 months now and I still never want to initiate it. DH
is getting pretty frustrated although is v supportive on my continued
nursing, but he thinks that fact that I don't initiate proves that I don't
love him as much since DD came along, which is so not true. I am just so
tired and it's EXHAUSTING staying home with a toddler all day, and as
someone else said, I am so touched out and cuddled out that it's nice to
have "me time" when DD is sleeping (the only time we get a chance for sex
anyway!). Anyway I've been trying to make the effort lately but I do wonder
when I'll get my former "randiness" (as Austin Powers calls it!) back!!

Do you ever get out at night sans baby? I don't, but I remember doing
so with my previous kids, and just putting semi-decent clothes and
some makeup on and going out among people, to see and be seen, for a
couple of cocktails and a civilized conversation (this takes all of 2
hours -- you can do it between nursings) really inspired me and almost
always resulted in, um, a fun time at home.
Old September 26th 03, 07:45 PM
MonifromMarrs

nak oht

We never go out without dd. We have nobody closeby that we trust and I am
not comfortable going out w/o her and dh is even more so

same here , we havnt left DD with anyone yet. Infact I havnt left her at all
yet even with Dh but I know I need to for her sake and mine. Just dont know how
to do it. Moni
Old September 29th 03, 08:08 AM
CY

Don't worry, I didn't leave DD w hubby until she was a year and could have
cow milk if she ABSOLUTELY had to. She could drink from a cup by then and
was eating more solids so I felt more comforatble with it. Even still
though, it's never more than 3 hours at a stretch...

tired and bored!! ted Pregnancy 16 July 20th 04 05:50 PM
33 weeks and sooo tired A&G&K Pregnancy 10 July 4th 04 02:57 AM
VENT: I am tired of being sick Daye Pregnancy 9 November 5th 03 09:50 PM
pregnant..nursing a 14 mo...miserable...tired BABYGINAVIE Breastfeeding 10 September 2nd 03 08:51 PM
TIRED OF Canton, CT SPAM LOL Carrie Gregory Pregnancy 0 July 23rd 03 06:27 PM