No more Nursing Pads!!!

Old September 24th 03, 10:06 PM
JoAnna

Default No more Nursing Pads!!!

Yippee...it's been about 3 or 4 days of booby-frredom!!

i finally got up the guts to chuck em out. The first day i had some with me
just in case!!

DD is 3 months and over 18lbs....nursing great...

JoAnna

Old September 25th 03, 02:16 AM
shelby

I second that Sara. The days I am bold enough to go without are the days
someone is talking to me, suddenly stops mid-sentance and then either
giggles or goes red in the face and tries to escape as quickely as possible

at this rate, I am thinking they should come up with some multi-purpose
pads. Like breast pads that absorb yet also release time sented freshness,
or push up breast pads. (why not, only time in life I've ever been able to
see cleavage). Kinda like the latest victoria secret miracle bra, but for
nursing moms.....

"Sara" wrote in message
In article ,
"JoAnna" wrote:

Yippee...it's been about 3 or 4 days of booby-frredom!!

i finally got up the guts to chuck em out. The first day i had some with

me
just in case!!

DD is 3 months and over 18lbs....nursing great...

You lucky, lucky woman. I'm still wearing them at 11 months.

--
Sara, accompanied by the baby barnacle

Old September 25th 03, 03:17 AM
Marie

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 18:53:11 -0400, Sara
wrote:
You lucky, lucky woman. I'm still wearing them at 11 months.

I need them sometimes too, also at 11 months.
Marie
Old September 25th 03, 03:35 AM
Marie

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 21:16:34 -0400, "shelby"
wrote:

I second that Sara. The days I am bold enough to go without are the days
someone is talking to me, suddenly stops mid-sentance and then either
giggles or goes red in the face and tries to escape as quickely as possible

Oddly mine leak everytime my mom or grandfather comes over for a
visit! My mom laughs and I don't think my grandfather notices.

at this rate, I am thinking they should come up with some multi-purpose
pads. Like breast pads that absorb yet also release time sented freshness,
or push up breast pads. (why not, only time in life I've ever been able to
see cleavage). Kinda like the latest victoria secret miracle bra, but for
nursing moms.....

You know what, that is such a cool idea! Maybe by the time our
children are grown breastfeeding will be "normal" enough for these
kinds of ideas! I like the push-up breast pads idea )
Marie
Old September 25th 03, 04:02 AM
Marnie

"Sara" wrote in message news:que_sara_sara-
You lucky, lucky woman. I'm still wearing them at 11 months.

Indeed. Sixteen months here. No *way* could I go without. Lucky JoAnna!
--
Marnie

Old September 25th 03, 09:13 PM
HollyLewis

"Sara" wrote in message news:que_sara_sara-
You lucky, lucky woman. I'm still wearing them at 11 months.

Indeed. Sixteen months here. No *way* could I go without. Lucky JoAnna!
--
Marnie
--

I think I still hold the record on that one. 22 months. Or 23. I don't
remember for sure, but I do know that when I tried to go without at 21, it was

Holly
Mom to Camden, 2.5 yrs

Old September 26th 03, 05:11 PM
JoAnna

"Nikki" wrote in message
JoAnna wrote:
Yippee...it's been about 3 or 4 days of booby-frredom!!

i finally got up the guts to chuck em out. The first day i had some
with me just in case!!

DD is 3 months and over 18lbs....nursing great...

JoAnna

Yippee!! That sure is a great nursing 'milestone' isn't it :-D.

--
Nikki
Mama to Hunter (4) and Luke (2)

now i can star to feel a little more normal - go get some pretty bras -
forget those hideous houdini nursing monstrosities!!! and WHO came up with
underwire in a nursing bra - ouch!!!

Old September 27th 03, 05:21 PM
JUBILEEEEE

I still have to buy them and hunt down the pads I like
because my stores that used to carry them dont any more??

you could try the cloth type- they are not as irritating and can be
rewashed.
they sell them at motherwear.com and there are plenty of online stores
that will pop up if you do a google search. There are cotton ones and
wool (sounds itchy, but its not that kind of wool) =)
Old September 28th 03, 01:10 PM
Chookie

In article ,
"JoAnna" wrote:

Yippee...it's been about 3 or 4 days of booby-frredom!!

i finally got up the guts to chuck em out. The first day i had some with me
just in case!!

DD is 3 months and over 18lbs....nursing great...

I am soooo jealous -- I had to wear breast pads for 18 months!!

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"...children should continue to be breastfed... for up to two years of age
or beyond." -- Innocenti Declaration, Florence, 1 August 1990
Old September 30th 03, 01:57 AM
shelby

LOLOLOLOLOL

I said that just for some humour....
But the fact that you actually went through and suggested that to them is
GREAT!
Good for you!

"E" wrote in message
shelby wrote:
I second that Sara. The days I am bold enough to go without are the
days someone is talking to me, suddenly stops mid-sentance and then
either giggles or goes red in the face and tries to escape as
quickely as possible ....

at this rate, I am thinking they should come up with some
multi-purpose pads. Like breast pads that absorb yet also release
time sented freshness, or push up breast pads. (why not, only time
in life I've ever been able to see cleavage). Kinda like the latest
victoria secret miracle bra, but for nursing moms.....

"Sara" wrote in message
In article ,
"JoAnna" wrote:

Yippee...it's been about 3 or 4 days of booby-frredom!!

i finally got up the guts to chuck em out. The first day i had some
with me just in case!!

DD is 3 months and over 18lbs....nursing great...

You lucky, lucky woman. I'm still wearing them at 11 months.

--
Sara, accompanied by the baby barnacle

well, i took this idea and wrote to VS. below is a copy of my email and
response (VERY quick response, and on a Sunday!)
Dear Edith,

Thank you for your recent e-mail. We will be happy to assist you with your
inquiry.

Maternity clothing is a specialized market in which Victoria's Secret does
not currently participate. We regret any disappointment this matter may

have
caused.

We value our reputation for excellent client services, and always take

great
interest and initiative in making changes, which are beneficial to our
clients. We appreciate your comments and take them seriously. In fact,
client suggestions and comments often provide direction for changes in
future merchandise and services.

If we can help you further, please reply to this e-mail or call anytime.

Thank you for contacting Victoria's Secret.

Sincerely,

Jessica H.

VictoriasSecret.com Client Services

Visit www.VictoriasSecret.com

Phone 1.800.475.1935 or (outside the U.S.) 1.937.438.4197

Fax 1.937.438.4290

I read a nursing mothers newsgroup. we were talking about breast pads (to
absorb leaking milk) when someone typed the following: "I am thinking they
should come up with some multi-purpose pads. Like breast pads that absorb
yet also release time sented freshness, or push up breast pads. (why not,
only time in life I've ever been able to see cleavage). Kinda like the
latest victoria secret miracle bra, but for nursing moms....."

I thought it was a great idea for your company to follow up on!

Edith

oht - nak

one handed typing - nursing at keyboard