Cleaning out the Closets

Old February 14th 04, 06:21 AM
chiam margalit

Default Cleaning out the Closets

"Beth Gallagher" wrote in message ...

Yesterday I finally threw out the remains of my kids'
Halloween candy (Well, I ate the peanut M&Ms, which neither
of them like). They protested very little. I figure
it was past time.

I'm trying to figure out what to do with the lingering
Halloween candy myself.

We don't have this problem in our house. We have a thing called Mom, which
comes out after midnight and seeks out uneaten candies and girl scout
cookies. I thought every house had one.

Our house does, and Mom is an amazing cleaner upper of any unwanted
candy. She especially likes things that are chocolate and doesn't like
those fruity things like Mike & Ikes (blech!).

I find it extremely bizarre that ANY household could have leftover
halloween candy in February. It's just beyond my comprehension.

Marjorie

Old February 17th 04, 08:12 PM
Sandi Jones

chiam margalit wrote:
.....I find it extremely bizarre that ANY household could have leftover
halloween candy in February. It's just beyond my comprehension....

Growing up, we threw out the Halloween candy at Christmas, the Christmas
candy on Valentines day and the Valentines day candy on Easter, and the
Easter candy once it got hot, and would melt. I'd say at least 75% of
the candy we got as kids got pitched. And we never fussed about it
either. Mom just never trained us to eat desserts or snacks, so we
didn't think to eat them. We ate real food. I am trying to raise my
brood the same way, but my husband is a junk food fiend.

Sandi Jones

Old February 20th 04, 01:10 AM
Jaime

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 12:35:56 EST, "Beth Gallagher"
wrote:

We don't have this problem in our house. We have a thing called Mom, which
comes out after midnight and seeks out uneaten candies and girl scout
cookies. I thought every house had one.

Mine did when my boys were small and were into going out for
Halloween.

Old February 20th 04, 01:10 AM
Jaime

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 13:07:09 EST, Banty
wrote:

Banty (who wishes she could snap some of those apocryphal re-gifted fruit
cakes..)

I am with you on that one. I do not understand all these jokes
regarding fruitcakes. I have always enjoyed eating them with a cup of
tea.

Could go for a couple slices right now. :-)

cleaning stuffed animal vipergtsr8 General 0 July 24th 04 06:06 PM
Letting toddlers put their hands all over glass display cases and windows while shopping...? Renee General 116 July 1st 04 11:39 PM
Cleaning ladyluka General 0 January 1st 04 09:50 PM
Formaldehyde in household cleaning products ! ShaliPower General 5 October 22nd 03 03:07 PM
Cleaning Stuffed Animals Jeff Utz General 0 July 9th 03 05:37 AM