tired of bf

Old September 23rd 03, 03:15 AM
Shannon G

Default tired of bf

I am so tired of breastfeeding I could scream. DD is 10 months old and has
never tasted formula and is eating plenty of solids. She sleeps thru from
730PM til 530 or 6AM. I work FT and pump. OK, I should feel like I have
it easy. So, why am I tired of pumping 2-3X per day, being the only one to
console her with booby snacks, having NO sex drive, washing pump parts, 20
minutes of comfort sucking in the evenings (I'd rather play Legos with my 3
yo), having NO sex drive did I say that already? BTW, AF has not returned
yet despite her sleeping thru the night since 5 1/2 months.

Not looking for ((((( )))))) or good job, you did it for 10 months, etc.
but does anyone else feel this way? Why do I feel like this? I always took
such pride in the fact that I was able to give her only bm.

Shannon

Old September 23rd 03, 04:04 AM
Dawn Lawson

Shannon G wrote:
I am so tired of breastfeeding I could scream. DD is 10 months old and has
never tasted formula and is eating plenty of solids. She sleeps thru from
730PM til 530 or 6AM. I work FT and pump. OK, I should feel like I have
it easy. So, why am I tired of pumping 2-3X per day, being the only one to
console her with booby snacks, having NO sex drive, washing pump parts, 20
minutes of comfort sucking in the evenings (I'd rather play Legos with my 3
yo), having NO sex drive did I say that already? BTW, AF has not returned
yet despite her sleeping thru the night since 5 1/2 months.

Not looking for ((((( )))))) or good job, you did it for 10 months, etc.
but does anyone else feel this way? Why do I feel like this? I always took
such pride in the fact that I was able to give her only bm.

Maybe cuz AF is on the way??
I seem to have at least one visit, but it took til the week DS turned 1.
(I'm surprised, given my PCOS.) I did harbor some feeling of
frustration with nursing about that time.
Is it the pumping or the comfort sucking that's the worst?
Any way to drop one or both?

Dawn, with no real advice. :-(

Old September 23rd 03, 04:44 AM
iphigenia

Shannon G wrote:

Not looking for ((((( )))))) or good job, you did it for 10 months,
etc. but does anyone else feel this way? Why do I feel like this? I
always took such pride in the fact that I was able to give her only
bm.

Honestly, I think burnout happens to the most devoted breastfeeders. I know
it's happened to me - when DS was over a year, still not eating any solids,
and still nursing every two hours during the day, I started getting sick of
it. IME, it passes - I'm still BF a year later! : )

--
iphigenia
www.tristyn.net

Old September 23rd 03, 05:04 AM
Shannon G

Shannon G wrote:
[...]

I hope it is just AF. With DS, I ovulated at 9 months & got pg. without AF
ever having returned. Very unexpected. I too have PCOS and required Clomid
to conceive DS. I weaned DS since I was having contractions during every
pumping or feeding. We miscarried at 8 weeks. I sop look forward to AF so
I can have a sex drive again. DH has been VERY patient though :-)

Is it the pumping or the comfort sucking that's the worst?

Unfortunately, it's all of the above.

Any way to drop one or both?

I could drop pumping but then I'd have to supplement. Don't want her to
have that yucky stuff unless I absolutely have to. I'm not considering it
an option at this point. I'll just have to overcome my feelings somehow.

Dawn, with no real advice. :-(

Thank you though :-)

Old September 23rd 03, 11:12 AM
Herself

Shannon G wrote:

Not looking for ((((( )))))) or good job, you did it for 10 months, etc.
but does anyone else feel this way? Why do I feel like this? I always took
such pride in the fact that I was able to give her only bm.

I get that too. It is normally when AF is coming, but also just when
I'm tired. I don't pump or work, P is 21 months and nurses about 4x a
day (two nights ago he was up 3x...I don't think I've slept properly for
a week now). I get frustrated too, and it doesn't help that everyone
says "just wean him". No. Don't wanna. :-) I know I'm missing out on
a lot by nursing him (certain foods he can't have), but I also know I'm
dropping weight and looking good. Yeah, the sex drive thing makes me
bonkers...and DH too :-).
--
Meself
mom to P, 23/12/01
Old September 23rd 03, 01:00 PM
Mary W.

Shannon G wrote:

I am so tired of breastfeeding I could scream. DD is 10 months old and has
never tasted formula and is eating plenty of solids. She sleeps thru from
730PM til 530 or 6AM. I work FT and pump. OK, I should feel like I have
it easy. So, why am I tired of pumping 2-3X per day, being the only one to
console her with booby snacks, having NO sex drive, washing pump parts, 20
minutes of comfort sucking in the evenings (I'd rather play Legos with my 3
yo), having NO sex drive did I say that already? BTW, AF has not returned
yet despite her sleeping thru the night since 5 1/2 months.

I got this, but not until DD was 18 months or so. We nursed until 26 months. It
was really bad at the end, so I kind of nudged her weaning along. Your DD is
a bit young for weaning, but you could probably drop a pump, or even go
down to once a day. If she's eating plenty of solids, your caregiver should be
able
to get her to do solids instead of EBM. The big drawback of this is that she
may reverse cycle nurse and want to nurse during the night, which frankly,
would really be annoying (my DD refused EBM at 10.5 months, and nursed
more at night).

In two more months, you can introduce cow's milk and cut the pumping all
together. I know I was thrilled to not be pumping anymore.

Good luck!

Mary

Old September 23rd 03, 02:06 PM
Shannon G

Shannon, can I email you privately about something else you posted? Let

me
know.

Nancy

Sure. shannon66 at cox dot net

Old September 23rd 03, 03:00 PM
P. G. Chavez

Shannon G wrote and I snipped:

I am so tired of breastfeeding I could scream. DD is 10 months old and has
never tasted formula and is eating plenty of solids. She sleeps thru from
730PM til 530 or 6AM. I work FT and pump. OK, I should feel like I have
it easy. So, why am I tired of pumping 2-3X per day, being the only one to
console her with booby snacks, having NO sex drive, washing pump parts, 20
minutes of comfort sucking in the evenings (I'd rather play Legos with my 3
yo), having NO sex drive did I say that already? BTW, AF has not returned
yet despite her sleeping thru the night since 5 1/2 months.

There have definitely been times that I felt similarly. You may find
that you go through phases. Based on what you've described above, I'd
suggest cutting back to 1 or 2 pump sessions while at work. Pumping was
always my very least favorite part of breastfeeding, and it felt
so-o-o-o good to cut back as my baby approached a year. And then to
finally quit pumping!

Good luck,
-Patty, mom to Corinne [Mar-98] and Nathan [May-00]
and stepmom to Victoria [Apr-90]
Old September 23rd 03, 05:06 PM
Michelle Podnar

Do you get time to go out and do things for you? Manicures, Pedicures,
Going out with the girls, going out with DH etc.... within the last 2
months or so I have rejoined the local concert band (was a member for the 5
years previous to DD arrival), my DH has often bought me GC for Manicures
and Pedicures to pamper myself. I find after doing things like that, I love
to come home, cuddle up with DD and nurse. Maybe you need a little
distance??

--
Michelle P
Ava Marie July 14, 2002

Old September 24th 03, 08:15 AM
CY

Default tired of bf AND sex drive question

Sorry you're feeling this way. I get that way too (DD is 19 months) and
somedays I go bananas when I am trying to get something done and she just
wants to comfort nurse but then I remind myself why I chose to bf in the
first place and it eventually passes.

I thought it was just me re the sex drive thing - is that pretty common???
I used to be very much into the whole sex thing but now I find it's just
another chore that I am too tired for!! Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy
it, but for me it's like going to the gym - I don't like the idea of going
there, but once I am there I feel better for it. KWIM?

tired and bored!! ted Pregnancy 16 July 20th 04 05:50 PM
33 weeks and sooo tired A&G&K Pregnancy 10 July 4th 04 02:57 AM
VENT: I am tired of being sick Daye Pregnancy 9 November 5th 03 09:50 PM
pregnant..nursing a 14 mo...miserable...tired BABYGINAVIE Breastfeeding 10 September 2nd 03 08:51 PM
TIRED OF Canton, CT SPAM LOL Carrie Gregory Pregnancy 0 July 23rd 03 06:27 PM