? dip in growth. WBC pushing solids!

Old September 28th 03, 01:23 AM

Default ? dip in growth. WBC pushing solids!

mitch wrote:
Hi everyone,

Well I have a few ? and need a bit of advice.

Emma is 16wks to-day. She was born on the 91st centile at 37wks and
after sitting on the 50th centile till about 10wks has dropped down to
the 25th. She was 7lb 7.5oz at birth and now weighs 11lb 8oz. So
averaged out she has just about put on 1lb per month. The well baby
clinic want me to start solids. Not happy about this. She doesn't
act hungry and she doesn't look thin. Just small. She sleeps from
10pm till around 6am and she seems alert and content. That said
sometimes like tonight I feel I am struggling with my supply.

She had her DTP Hib Polio and Men C at 10wks. She has had a cold the
last 2wks and I think she's teething. She's been chomping her hands
the last couple of days but when I offer she doesn't nessecarily want
to feed. If I put a finger to her gums she will bite down on it not
suck.

With all this going on should I be concerned enough about the dip in
her growth curve to start solids?

Do you think the WBC are being over sensitive about her growth because
I have T1 Diabetes and Hypo-Thyroid?

Sometimes I hear her fetch up into her throat and then she'll catch
her breath a bit. Could this be reflux?

When I questioned the Dr he said it was probably just an over
sensitive gag reflex.
I don't trust him too much since he sent me to the gyn ward 2yrs ago
when I had advanced Diabetic Ketoacidosis. He said I just had severe
morning sickness. I nearly died and I lost the baby. So I don't tend
to put a lot of faith in his judgment.
I've never doubted my ability to BF my daughter but my resolve is
beginning to waiver. I need some ++ vibes as they aren't coming from
anywhere around here.

Thanks for listening.
love and best wishes
Mitch

i'm with everyone that says get another dr. she sounds a lot like my 4 mo
and we don't have a supply problem (unless you count too much)
more ++ vibes!
--
Edith
oht nak

Study Links ADHD Drugs to Growth Delays M.a.r.k P.r.o.b.e.r.t-April 5, 2004 Kids Health 3 April 6th 04 02:27 PM
Medical Abstracts re Intro of Solids? Belphoebe Breastfeeding 3 August 25th 03 02:13 PM
poop, solids vent.. ted Breastfeeding 3 August 14th 03 04:44 PM
solids and a 6 month old DavesFatChick Breastfeeding 4 July 28th 03 08:21 PM
growth spurt Lucy Breastfeeding 0 July 14th 03 06:40 PM