Roll Call

Old August 18th 04, 09:36 PM
Carrie

Default Roll Call

I would like to to know who posts in here... to get an idea of who's
who.... Where's everyone from ??? and that sort of thing....
Im Carrie, 26 mother of a 6yr old girl and pregnant with what appears to
be another girl. I live in a really small town in Pennsylvania. I've
been on bed rest for the last month and will be until the baby is born.
Due date is October 23rd but we probably wont last that long.

Old August 18th 04, 10:24 PM
CME

"Carrie" wrote in message
I would like to to know who posts in here... to get an idea of who's
who.... Where's everyone from ??? and that sort of thing....
Im Carrie, 26 mother of a 6yr old girl and pregnant with what appears to
be another girl. I live in a really small town in Pennsylvania. I've
been on bed rest for the last month and will be until the baby is born.
Due date is October 23rd but we probably wont last that long.

Welcome to the group from Alberta, Canada. I think lurking and reading a
fair bit of the threads would give you a good idea who posts here though.

Christine
(Mom of 8 year old twin boys)

Old August 19th 04, 04:05 AM
Betsy

"Carrie" wrote in message
I would like to to know who posts in here... to get an idea of who's
who.... Where's everyone from ??? and that sort of thing....
Im Carrie, 26 mother of a 6yr old girl and pregnant with what appears to
be another girl. I live in a really small town in Pennsylvania. I've
been on bed rest for the last month and will be until the baby is born.
Due date is October 23rd but we probably wont last that long.

Good luck to you in your pregnancy. I'm Betsy, mom of one son age 13 (all I
have to say at the moment is ugh!). I've been single for 12 years now,
since my son was a year old. His father chose to bow out of his life when
he was 6, so I've had no support and no contact for 7 years now. We are
faring pretty well now, still have the occasional flare-ups of conflict. My
son now never ends a phone call without saying, "Love ya'!" or something
similar; though he won't say it when I drop him off at school (as if I
expected anything different!) All in all, I think we fare pretty well.
Though I do have to say, I might not be 'single' much longer; but that's
another story.

Welcome to the group. I hope to post more as I get back into the swing of
things here.

Betsy

Old August 19th 04, 06:31 PM
denanson

"Carrie" wrote in message

I would like to to know who posts in here... to get an idea of who's
who.... Where's everyone from ??? and that sort of thing....

Why not read the archive at
http://groups.google.ie/groups?q=alt...ie=UTF-8&hl=en

Im Carrie, 26 mother of a 6yr old girl and pregnant with what appears to
be another girl. I live in a really small town in Pennsylvania. I've
been on bed rest for the last month and will be until the baby is born.
Due date is October 23rd but we probably wont last that long.

My youngest was 10 weeks premature, hold on as long as you can!

Dennis

Old August 26th 04, 05:26 PM
Paul Griffiths

"Carrie" wrote in message

I would like to to know who posts in here... to get an idea of who's
who.... Where's everyone from ??? and that sort of thing....

Sounds like a sensible idea. You could probably do with a list of "issues"
and no-go subject areas too I imagine. ;-)

Im Carrie, 26 mother of a 6yr old girl and pregnant with what appears to
be another girl.

Hmm... Isn't it something to do with whether they rattle when you shake
them or not? :-)

I live in a really small town in Pennsylvania. I've been on bed rest for

the last
month and will be until the baby is born. Due date is October 23rd but we
probably wont last that long.

Well I hope everything goes well with the birth and I won't be offended if
you don't post much during the week or so after it happens.

Okay, I'm a widowed, single-dad of 47 living in a reasonably large town in
Wales, UK. I have one son who will be 11 in October and for the next year
I'll be teaching Physics and Science. The year after that I'd like to be
living in Canada if at all possible. Fabulous place.

I'm the nice, caring one with the annoying sense of humour by the way.

--
Paul Griffiths

Old August 26th 04, 05:29 PM
Paul Griffiths

"lm" wrote in message

snip

I can't help asking about the self-congratulatory single-parents-are-great
post in your other thread, when you're pregnant now.

I think *some* single-parents certainly are great. Don't you?

--
Paul Griffiths

Old August 26th 04, 10:20 PM
lm

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 17:29:28 +0100, "Paul Griffiths"
wrote:

"lm" wrote in message
.. .

snip

I can't help asking about the self-congratulatory single-parents-are-great
post in your other thread, when you're pregnant now.

I think *some* single-parents certainly are great. Don't you?

You betcha! But they're not the ones saying "I'm all my kid needs."

lm

Old August 27th 04, 07:03 PM
Paul Griffiths

"lm" wrote in message
On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 17:29:28 +0100, "Paul Griffiths"
wrote:
"lm" wrote in message
.. .

snip

I can't help asking about the self-congratulatory

single-parents-are-great
post in your other thread, when you're pregnant now.

I think *some* single-parents certainly are great. Don't you?

You betcha! But they're not the ones saying "I'm all my kid needs."

I don't think I can argue with that.

--
Paul Griffiths

July Birthday Roll Call DeliciousTruffles Twins & Triplets 12 June 29th 04 08:29 PM
July Birthday Roll Call Ericka Kammerer Pregnancy 2 June 26th 04 04:37 AM
6 month roll call Kathy Breastfeeding 10 March 16th 04 04:36 PM
5 month roll call teapot Breastfeeding 13 November 12th 03 07:59 AM