Hello

Old September 3rd 04, 07:46 PM
Istara

Default Hello

I'm not entirely a newbie - I've been lurking since mid-June, or so.
Probably would still be just lurking, but I finally had to break cover
on the "Dating and Marriage Advice" thread, so I figured I'd better say
hello.

I am, unfortunately, still in the process of becoming a single mom,
after having been with the same man for nearly 15 years (13 of them, so
far, married). Our son is 9, smart kid, taking it all much better than
his father expected him to, about the way *I* expected. He does better
than I do about it, at times. His grades at school, in academics and
conduct, have all improved since his dad moved out, he sleeps better,
and is generally as happy or happier a child than he was, so... Dad
wasn't abusive or anything, he just wasn't 'there' much of the time even
when home, the last couple of years.

The "process" has been ongoing for the past 10 months, or 15 months,
depending on how you look at it (he said he wanted out of the marriage,
wanted ME to move out, then took 5 months to make up his mind to move
out himself, when I refused), and no end in sight. I was of the opinion
that if he wanted a divorce, it was HIS place to deal with the legal
headaches. I'm not TOO naive - I DO have a lawyer, and am not letting
him push me around on things, but it was his choice, so his
responsibility. At any rate...

Hello, nice to meet you all, and I think I'm going to crawl back into
the woodwork now and lurk some more.

~ Dor

Old September 3rd 04, 10:31 PM
Paul Griffiths

"Istara" wrote in message
.. .

snip

Hello, nice to meet you all, and I think I'm going to crawl back into
the woodwork now and lurk some more.

Welcome.

It's rather nice to talk to lurkers. Glad your son is deal with things so
well. Fingers crossed it continues that way.

--
Paul Griffiths

Old September 4th 04, 01:13 AM
Cele

On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 14:46:33 -0400, Istara
wrote:

[snip intro]

Hello, nice to meet you all, and I think I'm going to crawl back into
the woodwork now and lurk some more.

Nice to meet you, Dor. I'm Cele, 45, daughters 19 & nearly 17. I was
with my ex 17 years, 1 of them married, and have been on my own lo
these past 12.

And am now enjoying the beginnings of a relationship of significance
for the first time in all those years, totally unexpected, and a
complete delight! Every once in the while good things *do* happen, it
seems.....

[grin]

Cele
Old September 4th 04, 03:16 PM
denanson

"Istara" wrote in message

Hello, nice to meet you all,

Hello and greetings from Ireland.

Dennis, three boys

Old September 4th 04, 10:39 PM
CME

"Istara" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

No we won't let you. Welcome to the group from Alberta, Canada sit back and
enjoy it's truly a great place.

Christine
(Mom of 8 year old twin boys)

Old September 4th 04, 10:50 PM
Paul Griffiths

"Cele" wrote in message

snip

And am now enjoying the beginnings of a relationship of significance
for the first time in all those years, totally unexpected, and a
complete delight! Every once in the while good things *do* happen, it
seems.....

You say the nicest things sometimes. I reckon he knows how lucky he is.

--
Paul Griffiths

Old September 5th 04, 04:17 AM
Cele

On Sat, 4 Sep 2004 22:50:21 +0100, "Paul Griffiths"
wrote:

"Cele" wrote in message
.. .

snip

And am now enjoying the beginnings of a relationship of significance
for the first time in all those years, totally unexpected, and a
complete delight! Every once in the while good things *do* happen, it
seems.....

You say the nicest things sometimes. I reckon he knows how lucky he is.

I just hope he knows how lucky I feel....

It's quite an amazing thing. I was talking to him all afternoon today,
and you know, it's the loveliest feeling to just -fit- with someone.
Comfortable is sure a part of it, but so is all the rest...humour,
compassion, tenderness, and hell, yeah, excitement as well.

Feeling as sad as I've being feeling, he might've steered clear for
awhile, but he didn't. He got closer and made it clear how much he
cared and wow, I really care for this guy.

My previous experience was with a man whom I loved, but who really
only wanted me at my best and just did everything he could to be away
from me if I wasn't Suzy Sunshine at all times. So it took a bit of
courage to let my guard down with my new love. But he cared and he was
there for me, and that means such a lot.

Well, okay, it *didn't* really take courage, and that's just the
thing. I'm amazed it didn't. But it was the right thing to do.

Cele
Old September 5th 04, 10:04 AM
Buster Van Buren

Christine:

That sucks. I came here and I didn't get a welcome! You guys practically
reamed me a new one when I came on board. Maybe if I had been a woman?
Maybe if only my website had been yellow text on a black background...then
you would have loved me and complimented my flash animation?

Sometimes it just sucks being the smarmiest one in the room.

Hugs and Kisses...

Buster
www.dearbuster.com
www.dearbuster.blogspot.com

"CME" wrote in message

.. .

Old September 5th 04, 10:14 AM
Betsy

"Buster Van Buren" wrote in message
Christine:

That sucks. I came here and I didn't get a welcome! You guys practically
reamed me a new one when I came on board. Maybe if I had been a woman?
Maybe if only my website had been yellow text on a black background...then
you would have loved me and complimented my flash animation?

Sometimes it just sucks being the smarmiest one in the room.

Hugs and Kisses...

Buster
www.dearbuster.com
www.dearbuster.blogspot.com

You would have gotten a welcome if you had posted about being a single
parent, and not advertised your website.

Betsy

"CME" wrote in message
> [...]

.. .

Old September 5th 04, 11:53 AM