Hello

Old September 5th 04, 12:57 PM
Tiffany

Ohhh poor buster.......

"Buster Van Buren" wrote in message
news:xEA_c.122673$Fg5.77677@attbi_s53...
Christine:

That sucks. I came here and I didn't get a welcome! You guys practically
reamed me a new one when I came on board. Maybe if I had been a woman?
Maybe if only my website had been yellow text on a black background...then
you would have loved me and complimented my flash animation?

Sometimes it just sucks being the smarmiest one in the room.

Hugs and Kisses...

Buster

Old September 5th 04, 01:17 PM
Joelle

Maybe if I had been a woman?

Maybe if you hadn't been an ass.

Joelle
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page - St
Augustine
Joelle
Old September 5th 04, 04:32 PM
Paul Griffiths

"Cele" wrote in message
On Sat, 4 Sep 2004 22:50:21 +0100, "Paul Griffiths"
wrote:
"Cele" wrote in message
.. .

snip

And am now enjoying the beginnings of a relationship of significance
for the first time in all those years, totally unexpected, and a
complete delight! Every once in the while good things *do* happen, it
seems.....

You say the nicest things sometimes. I reckon he knows how lucky he is.

I just hope he knows how lucky I feel....

I think he might.

It's quite an amazing thing. I was talking to him all afternoon today,
and you know, it's the loveliest feeling to just -fit- with someone.
Comfortable is sure a part of it, but so is all the rest...humour,
compassion, tenderness, and hell, yeah, excitement as well.

If I wasn't so happy for you I'd be feeling quite jealous. :-)

Feeling as sad as I've being feeling, he might've steered clear for
awhile, but he didn't. He got closer and made it clear how much he
cared and wow, I really care for this guy.

Sounds like he's a bit short on sense (of the self-protection kind) but the
kind, caring nature probably makes up for it. Bet he said he felt like he
didn't have any choice but to do what he did.

My previous experience was with a man whom I loved, but who really
only wanted me at my best and just did everything he could to be away
from me if I wasn't Suzy Sunshine at all times. So it took a bit of
courage to let my guard down with my new love. But he cared and he was
there for me, and that means such a lot.

Comparing and contrasting isn't always a healthy thing but, on occasion, it
helps to have experienced something near one end of the spectrum in order to
appreciate something else.

Well, okay, it *didn't* really take courage, and that's just the
thing. I'm amazed it didn't. But it was the right thing to do.

It's interesting how quickly walls collapse when somebody else doesn't even
notice them isn't it?

I'm just glad you still think it was the right thing to do.

--
Paul Griffiths

Old September 6th 04, 12:33 AM
Buster Van Buren

Don't worry Kate.....I'm never leaving. I'll continue to lurk and give
advice to those who need it. Despite your contrary protestations, I know
that you love Buster more than you'll ever admit. Now, if I only could stop
Christine and Tiffany from sending me naked pics of themselves with
www.dearbuster.com scrawled on their chests......

Your favorite advice columnist,

Buster

"'Kate" wrote in message
On Sun, 05 Sep 2004 09:04:29 GMT, "Buster Van Buren"
wrote:

Christine:

That sucks. I came here and I didn't get a welcome! You guys

practically
reamed me a new one when I came on board. Maybe if I had been a woman?
Maybe if only my website had been yellow text on a black

background...then
you would have loved me and complimented my flash animation?

Sometimes it just sucks being the smarmiest one in the room.

Hugs and Kisses...

Buster

Awww... don't tell me you're leaving us. Boo hoo... I'll miss you!

'Kate

Old September 6th 04, 03:56 AM
Tiffany

Don't worry Kate.....I'm never leaving. I'll continue to lurk and give
advice to those who need it. Despite your contrary protestations, I know
that you love Buster more than you'll ever admit. Now, if I only could

stop
Christine and Tiffany from sending me naked pics of themselves with
l(snipped)scrawled on their chests......

Your favorite advice columnist,

Buster

You will do anything to get that link into a post, won't you?

Old September 6th 04, 04:01 AM
lm

On Sun, 05 Sep 2004 23:33:57 GMT, "Buster Van Buren"
wrote:

Don't worry Kate.....I'm never leaving. I'll continue to lurk and give
advice to those who need it.

Whether they ask for it or not. Sorry buster, but lurking means not
yakking.

lm
Old September 6th 04, 05:59 AM
CME

"Cele" wrote in message
On Sat, 4 Sep 2004 22:50:21 +0100, "Paul Griffiths"
wrote:

"Cele" wrote in message
.. .

[...]

Cele

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Christine

Old September 6th 04, 06:02 AM
CME

"Buster Van Buren" wrote in message
Christine:

That sucks. I came here and I didn't get a welcome! You guys practically
reamed me a new one when I came on board. Maybe if I had been a woman?
Maybe if only my website had been yellow text on a black background...then
you would have loved me and complimented my flash animation?

Sometimes it just sucks being the smarmiest one in the room.

Hugs and Kisses...

Buster
www.dearbuster.com
www.dearbuster.blogspot.com

Perhaps had you introduced yourself and offered a bit of information about
yourself you might have been welcomed the way you would have liked. Even
lurking, and of course taking the time to read the FAQ would have helped as
well. But from what I can tell, you didn't even mention you were a single
parent so I question why you're even here.

Christine

PS: In that FAQ thingy, it says it's polite to BOTTOM post. Thanks.

"CME" wrote in message

"Istara" wrote in message
.. .
I'm not entirely a newbie - I've been lurking since mid-June, or so.
Probably would still be just lurking, but I finally had to break cover
on the "Dating and Marriage Advice" thread, so I figured I'd better

say
hello.

I am, unfortunately, still in the process of becoming a single mom,
after having been with the same man for nearly 15 years (13 of them,

so
far, married). Our son is 9, smart kid, taking it all much better than
his father expected him to, about the way *I* expected. He does better
than I do about it, at times. His grades at school, in academics and
conduct, have all improved since his dad moved out, he sleeps better,
and is generally as happy or happier a child than he was, so... Dad
wasn't abusive or anything, he just wasn't 'there' much of the time

even
when home, the last couple of years.

The "process" has been ongoing for the past 10 months, or 15 months,
depending on how you look at it (he said he wanted out of the

marriage,
wanted ME to move out, then took 5 months to make up his mind to move
out himself, when I refused), and no end in sight. I was of the

opinion
that if he wanted a divorce, it was HIS place to deal with the legal
headaches. I'm not TOO naive - I DO have a lawyer, and am not letting
him push me around on things, but it was his choice, so his
responsibility. At any rate...

Hello, nice to meet you all, and I think I'm going to crawl back into
the woodwork now and lurk some more.

~ Dor

No we won't let you. Welcome to the group from Alberta, Canada sit back

and
enjoy it's truly a great place.

Christine
(Mom of 8 year old twin boys)

Old September 6th 04, 06:04 AM
CME

"'Kate" wrote in message
On Sun, 5 Sep 2004 22:56:32 -0400, "Tiffany"
wrote:

"Buster Van Buren" wrote in message
Don't worry Kate.....I'm never leaving. I'll continue to lurk and give
advice to those who need it. Despite your contrary protestations, I

know
that you love Buster more than you'll ever admit. Now, if I only could

stop
Christine and Tiffany from sending me naked pics of themselves with
l(snipped)scrawled on their chests......

Your favorite advice columnist,

Buster

You will do anything to get that link into a post, won't you?

maybe yahoo would like to know that he's violating the FAQ of the
group. They tend to frown on that.

'Kate

Go get em Kate!!! Btw, asshole, I could moon you with Kiss this Buster
written on it, that's more my style.

Christine

Old September 6th 04, 09:31 AM
Buster Van Buren

Sorry Kate. Incredibly happily married to a wonderful girl. No one stands
a chance to steal me away from her.
I know this will "shock" many of the members here, but the reason I came
here wasn't because I had single parent problems, but because I know many
single parents and divorced non-parents who have no clue as to how to get
back into the dating scene or what to expect in the "marketplace" after x
number of years being married. Either that, or they are in destructive
relationships that they don't know how to get out of. Personally, if my
marriage ever ended, I wouldn't have a relationship ever again. It's would
be too much trouble and too much heartache to open myself up to someone
again, and at my age, it wouldn't be worth it. Besides which, I could never
trust that a girl wanted me instead of my fame and fortune. I actually got
a letter from someone from Guam last week. Once you've got fans in Guam,
then it's hard for a girl to really compete.

Buster

wrote:

Don't worry Kate.....I'm never leaving. I'll continue to lurk and give
advice to those who need it. Despite your contrary protestations, I know
that you love Buster more than you'll ever admit. Now, if I only could

stop
Christine and Tiffany from sending me naked pics of themselves with
www.dearbuster.com scrawled on their chests......

Your favorite advice columnist,

Buster

Oh ****.. by the way, does your wife know you're divorcing her to run