Deaths, side effects hit JE immunisation

Old July 25th 06, 06:16 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med.immunology,uk.people.health
john

Default Deaths, side effects hit JE immunisation

Deaths, side effects hit JE immunisation
http://www.newindpress.com/NewsItems...nataka&Topic=0
Tuesday July 25 2006 15:20 IST
UNI
BELLARY: The Japanese Encephalitis (JE) vaccination programme's pilot
project launched in the district for children has been crippled following
the death of two vaccinated children, complaints of side-effects and
shortage of health staff.

After reviewing the programme with all health officers here on Monday,
Deputy Commissioner Arvind Srivastav, clarified that the deaths of two
children reported from Kudligi and Kampli town were not due to the JE
vaccination. The deaths might have occurred due to various reasons.

In the Kampli case, the girl had already been suffering from dog bite. Her
blood sample had been sent to a lab in Pune and the results were expected in
a couple of weeks. In the other case, the parents of the child did not allow
for a postmortem. Hence the reason for the death could not be ascertained,
he added.

He said the week-long programme started on July 10 had been extended as only
85 per cent of the targeted 7.2 lakh children could be covered within the
stipulated time, accounting for 6,06 894 children.

About one lakh children could not be covered due to various reasons
including parents' refusal to send their wards for vaccination, following
the death of two children and reports of side effects.

Srivastav informed that the health department had opened centres to
administer the vaccine to the remaining children. It would function on all
Thursdays starting from this week. He said the centre had been asked to
supply more vials to the district to complete the programme.

An immunisation team has been constituted to study the effects of the
vaccination. Ten teams had been constituted taluk-wise and would immediately
attend to children to trace the reasons for the adverse effects.

The programme would cover newborns in the future in a bid to totally
eradicate brain fever.

Old July 26th 06, 02:54 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med.immunology,uk.people.health
Vaccine-man

Jul. 25, 2006 10:56
India launches first mass encephalitis vaccination
By ASSOCIATED PRESS

Last year, dying children stood outside hospitals in northern India
waiting for an empty bed during one of the worst encephalitis outbreaks
in recent memory. Now, they're lining up again for hours in the blazing
heat to receive a shot that could save their lives.

Since May, nearly 11 million children aged 1 to 15 have been vaccinated
against the mosquito-borne Japanese encephalitis in high-risk areas of
four northern states, US-based nonprofit group PATH said Tuesday.

It was the first-ever mass immunization campaign to fight the
brain-damaging virus, and many skeptics doubted it would ever happen
this fast.

But the 2005 outbreak, which killed about 1,800 children and left many
survivors permanently disabled with physical and neurological damage,
sparked a wave of quick action rarely seen within India's
bureaucracy-clogged government.

Old July 26th 06, 02:35 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med.immunology,uk.people.health
Mark Probert

Vaccine-man wrote:
[...]

WOW! That is surely some of the best news of the day. Thanks for posting
it. Imagine, living, non-disabled children. The bane of the anti-vac lairs.
Old July 26th 06, 08:16 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med.immunology,uk.people.health
Bryan Heit

Mark Probert wrote:
Vaccine-man wrote:

[...]

Wonder how their going to spin this one? Funded by non-profit, clear
clinical benefit, decrease in deaths, lots of deaths before vaccination
was induced. About as close to the exact opposite of everything John et
al spews.

Bryan
Old July 26th 06, 10:08 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med.immunology,uk.people.health
Mark Probert

Bryan Heit wrote:
Mark Probert wrote:
Vaccine-man wrote:

[...]

Bryan, you can rest assured that the anti-vac liars will find some way
to take this and spin it to trash vaccines.

My firm investigated a worker's compensation claim of a young, very
healthy, girl dying from an arbovirus last year. It was only 40 hours
from the time she reported that she was "tired" until her EEG flat
lined. The CDC did studies of the tissue samples collected during a full
academic autopsy at one of the top hospitals in the US, and, all they
could find were the fingerprints of an arbovirus, but not the specific
virus.

When I did my background studying for this assignment, I learned a
little bit about JE, and how nasty it is.
Old July 26th 06, 11:39 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med.immunology,uk.people.health
john

"Peter Bowditch" wrote in message

The Danish population study that showed no link between vaccination
and autism was rejected by the anti-vaccination liars by saying that
Danish kids are so different genetically to American kids that it
could be ignored. Indian kids are a different colour, so it will be
easy to dismiss this one as well.

vax dream world http://www.whale.to/a/danish.html

Again, it's symptomatic of that Danish study where you did a Thimerosal
causal on a population that doesn't have an autism epidemic, and you find
nothing. So this is, again, it's part of the government; look where you won't
find anything and when you don't find anything, then sell it to the American
public because if, "Well, if we didn't find anything therefore it's safe."
And you're going to see that come out and that is done by taxpayer dollars
and people ought to be extremely mad about it. Interview of Dr. Boyd E.
Haley by Teri Small:

The first new study, by Dr Samy Suissa, an epidemiologist at McGill
University, Montreal, who looked at the same data the Danish doctors used,
concludes that children who received the triple jab were 45 per cent more
likely to develop autism than those who were not given it. A second piece of
research - by Dr Fouad Yazbak, an American paediatrician - shows a 400 per
cent rise in autism after the introduction of MMR in Denmark, even after
taking into account greater awareness of the condition. And a third study by
Dr Andrew Wakefield, who first made the link between MMR and autism in
1998, and Dr Carol Stott of Cambridge University, shows autism cases in
Denmark have increased by 14.8 per cent each year since MMR was introduced.
[Media 29 August 2004] There IS a link between the MMR jab and autism,
claims new research

Old July 27th 06, 01:51 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med.immunology,uk.people.health
Vaccine-man

Mark Probert wrote:

My firm investigated a worker's compensation claim of a young, very
healthy, girl dying from an arbovirus last year. It was only 40 hours
from the time she reported that she was "tired" until her EEG flat
lined. The CDC did studies of the tissue samples collected during a full
academic autopsy at one of the top hospitals in the US, and, all they
could find were the fingerprints of an arbovirus, but not the specific
virus.

Hmm, this is rather interesting. I work with arboviruses - I wonder if
you can recall more details, such as which arbovirus group? My edition
of the "Catalogue of Arboviruses and Certain Other Viruses of
Vertebrates" is about 3,000 pages long and has one virus entry per page
or two. Did they determine if it was a flavivirus? What was the basis
of their decision, serology or PCR? I suspect they could not culture
it, otherwise they would have been able to ID it, even if it were a new
virus.

When I did my background studying for this assignment, I learned a
little bit about JE, and how nasty it is.

JE is bad news, that's for sure. It makes West Nile and Sait Louis look
like sissy viruses.

Old July 27th 06, 02:06 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med.immunology,uk.people.health
Mark Probert

Vaccine-man wrote:
Mark Probert wrote:

[...]

They never determined the actual virus.

Email me at mark@dot@probert@at@gmail@dot@com.

Old July 27th 06, 02:59 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med.immunology,uk.people.health
Vaccine-man

john wrote:

The first new study, by Dr Samy Suissa, an epidemiologist at McGill
University, Montreal, who looked at the same data the Danish doctors used,
concludes that children who received the triple jab were 45 per cent more
likely to develop autism than those who were not given it.

I just did a PubMed search for "Suissa [au] AND autism" and there are
no published papers in the peer-reviewed literature.

A second piece of
research - by Dr Fouad Yazbak, an American paediatrician - shows a 400 per
cent rise in autism after the introduction of MMR in Denmark, even after
taking into account greater awareness of the condition.

I just did a PubMed search for "Yazak AND autism" and no such paper
seems to exist in the peer-reviewed literature.

And a third study by
Dr Andrew Wakefield, who first made the link between MMR and autism in
1998,

A retracted paper.

and Dr Carol Stott of Cambridge University, shows autism cases in
Denmark have increased by 14.8 per cent each year since MMR was introduced.
[Media 29 August 2004]

I just did a PubMed search for "Stott [au] AND autism" and no such
paper seems to exist in the peer-reviewed literature.

There IS a link between the MMR jab and autism,
claims new research

No it doesn't, and no there isn't.

Old July 27th 06, 03:04 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med.immunology,uk.people.health
Mark Probert

Vaccine-man wrote:
john wrote:

[...]

Newer research says:

*MMR-Vaccine and Regression in Autism Spectrum Disorders: Negative
Results Presented from Japan.*

J Autism Dev Disord. 2006 Jul 25;

Authors: Uchiyama T, Kurosawa M, Inaba Y

It has been suggested that the measles, mumps, and rubella vaccine (MMR)
is a cause of regressive autism. As MMR was used in Japan only between
1989 and 1993, this time period affords a natural experiment to examine
this hypothesis. Data on 904 patients with autism spectrum disorders
(ASD) were analyzed. During the period of MMR usage no significant
difference was found in the incidence of regression between
MMR-vaccinated children and non-vaccinated children. Among the
proportion and incidence of regression across the three
MMR-program-related periods (before, during and after MMR usage), no
significant difference was found between those who had received MMR and
those who had not. Moreover, the incidence of regression did not change
significantly across the three periods.

PMID: 16865547 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher]