Steam cleaner chemicals

Old November 8th 04, 04:31 PM
ChitaShines

Default Steam cleaner chemicals

Is it safe for infants to crawl around on a floor that's been steam cleaned
with basic cleaner that's sold in the store? Didn't John Travolta's kid end
up with Kawasaki Syndrome because of the chemicals in the cleaner or was all
that a myth?

Old November 8th 04, 10:19 PM
Christine

Hummm, good question, I was just wondering this myself since Chloe will
be crawling soon..;-)
(I hope)..;-))......i dont think I would let the baby crawl on the
freshly cleaned carpet for at least a few days, (maybe longer )
regardless of what they might say.

and the Kitchen floor too, I usually use lysol cleaner but now I think
since I will have to wipe/mop it A LOT, I'm think maybe hot water and a
few caps of clorox might be safer....

christine

Old November 9th 04, 01:44 AM
Kaybee

"Christine" wrote in message
Hummm, good question, I was just wondering this myself since Chloe will
be crawling soon..;-)
(I hope)..;-))......i dont think I would let the baby crawl on the
freshly cleaned carpet for at least a few days, (maybe longer )
regardless of what they might say.

I think that they sell safe chemicals for steam cleaners. If there is such
a thing? I only have the one carpet where we live and when I would clean it
it would be a couple of days before I would let her on it.

and the Kitchen floor too, I usually use lysol cleaner but now I think
since I will have to wipe/mop it A LOT, I'm think maybe hot water and a
few caps of clorox might be safer....

I got this cool mop that I use all around my house and my floors haven't
been cleaner. IT is the Eureka steam mop. All it uses is water and it
heats it up to steam away the germs. I love it. When I am done I take the
pad and throw it in the wash. My friend had one and I just had to have it.
So I got one for my birthday.

Kay
Eva 9/2002
little boy 1/2005