Bulbs

Old November 7th 03, 08:28 PM
Kender

Default Bulbs

We put two paperwhite bulbs in bulb vases two weeks ago and added water.
They are almost 8 inches tall already! The girls are really enjoying
watching them grow. It's great because you can see the roots as well as the
shoots. I usually plant amaryllis but they take forever to grow and use dirt
not vases so they are not as exciting. Just a thought for those long winter
months. Anyone else have something fun to do?
--
Erin
Morgan and Megan 2/15/97

Old November 9th 03, 02:06 AM
Andrea

We put two paperwhite bulbs in bulb vases two weeks ago and added water.
They are almost 8 inches tall already!

Wow! I didn't know they grew that fast! I have been thinking about getting
some. I'm NOT good with plants though.....always manage to kill them. Are the
paperwhites pretty hardy?

Just a thought for those long winter
months. Anyone else have something fun to do?

Sadly we haven't seen even a hint of winter yet. It's been around 84 degrees
here all week....Yuck! I'm ready for Fall!!

Andrea
twin girls-Madison & Jordan
3/22/00

Old November 9th 03, 05:03 PM
Leslie

Sadly we haven't seen even a hint of winter yet. It's been around 84

degrees
here all week....Yuck! I'm ready for Fall!!

I'll trade you for a couple days! ;-) We've only barely got above freezing
in the middle of the day for the past week. I think the highest it's been is
39. Our lows have been in the single digits. Back to the OP, that's a good
idea. I've been trying to come up with some nice indoor ideas. I'll have to
look for some of those bulbs.

--
Leslie
Alex and Jordan, 06 May 2000

Old November 9th 03, 06:14 PM
Megan

Yes, Paperwhites tend to grow pretty fast. Amaryllis is slower. Yu can
find a lot of kits with plants, flowers, herbs at stores like Frank's or
Michael's (crafty stores) They are even cheaper after Christmas! Herbs
might be cool, b/c then they can help you cook with them!

~Megan~
Aidan Matthew & Alexis Valerie
Born September 28, 2002

www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/aidannalexis