Back from the weekend

Old November 8th 04, 08:48 AM
Jenrose

Default Back from the weekend

Spent this weekend at a science fiction convention--dh got us a room very
close to the activities, and we borrowed a car with automatic transmission,
power everything and cruise, so it wasn't too bad to drive up there or
getting around. Good news: No noticeable cramping--I nabbed two chairs at
every session and kept my feet up, and for filking at night I took a pillow
and just camped out on the floor--not too bad. There was one young woman
there who was 7 months pregnant and in a wheelchair--made me glad I still
*can* walk--in fact, the short, gentle walking I did all weekend has me
feeling more mobile.

My belly really grew this weekend--and baby got a whole heck of a lot more
active. It was so funny--baby seemed to really respond more to some singers
than others. Usually responded well to my favorites--but specific singers
more than others and not related to which I liked the best, but I noticed
that once I cringed at a sour note and baby gave a *sharp* kick at the same
time. Since my daughter has a frighteningly good sense of pitch and rhythm,
I wouldn't be surprised at all if that was an "editorial comment"...lol! One
particular jazzy song has a line... "How far back does music go? When the
rhythm of a mama's heart can make a baby grow...." and the baby got
particularly active for that one.

DH was reading in the car on the way back and baby got really active when dh
was reading the exciting bits. Very distracting!

Getting out was definitely good for the soul, but driving back was
exhausting. Probably staying up last night until 4 am didn't help...lol!

We passed the 23 week mark this weekend, and hopefully things will start to
settle down. I should go live in a hotel or something--the increased
walking, indoors, with places to sit "wherever" really seemed to help with
my overall sense of mobility.

Jenrose

Old November 8th 04, 03:20 PM
Jamie Clark

Glad to hear that all is well and that you had a good time, Jenrose!
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Guest
Password

Old November 8th 04, 04:02 PM
Kaybee

so glad to hear that you had a great weekend. I know what you are feeling
with being exhausted on the way back. When it was earlier in my pregnancy
we use to go visit friends that lived 5 hours away almost every weekend.
Now when we go maybe once a month I can't take the drive. It started about
week 28 the exhaustion of driving.

Enjoy your time alone with hubby

Kay
Eva 9/2002