TX:-Foster father accused of assaulting girls in his care

Old August 23rd 07, 05:34 AM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.support.foster-parents,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,alt.parenting.spanking
fx

Default TX:-Foster father accused of assaulting girls in his care

TX:-Foster father accused of assaulting girls in his care

(8/22/07 - KTRK/LAKE JACKSON, TX) - Children were often placed in his
home in their most desperate time of need. Now, a foster home father
from Lake Jackson is accused of sexually abusing the children in his care.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?se...cal&id=5595035

CPS officials say these types of allegations are rare. But even if these
were the only allegations against a foster parent, authorities say these
alone are too many.

A 53-year-old foster father owns a house just outside Lake Jackson on
the banks of Buffalo Bayou. On Tuesday he was arrested at the home, on
suspicion of sexually assaulting two girls.

One neighbor who didn't want to be identified is stunned by the arrest.

She said, "It's just terrifying to think that that's my next door neighbor."

Authorities say the girls were the suspect's foster children. It's
unclear how long ago the alleged incidents took place, if they are said
to have happened inside the home or even just how long ago the girls
lived there.

The girls are now in their teens. They just cried out to authorities two
weeks ago. CPS says the suspect voluntarily shut down his foster home in
April.

Though we have his mug shot, we are not showing the suspect's picture
nor are we identifying him so as to avoid identifying by default the
girls who say they were assaulted.

The suspect is now in the Brazoria County jail. His bond has been set at
$200,000.

Thirty or so other foster children have reportedly lived at the man's
home in recent years. CPS is now interviewing each of them to determine
if they too might say they were sexually assaulted.

"We want to make sure that we talk to any of them that may have a
concern and make them feel comfortable. If there is a concern, we can
address it," said Gwen Carter with CPS.

It is not easy to become a foster parent. You have to be endure a
comprehensive screening process which includes a criminal background
check, fingerprinting, multiple home visits and fire and health
inspections. CPS says case workers also visit every foster home monthly.
(Copyright © 2007, KTRK-TV)

CURRENTLY CHILD PROTECTIVE SERVICES VIOLATES MORE CIVIL RIGHTS ON A
DAILY BASIS THEN ALL OTHER AGENCIES COMBINED INCLUDING THE NSA / CIA
WIRETAPPING PROGRAM....

CPS Does not protect children...
It is sickening how many children are subject to abuse, neglect and even
killed at the hands of Child Protective Services.

every parent should read this .pdf from
connecticut dcf watch...

http://www.connecticutdcfwatch.com/8x11.pdf

http://www.connecticutdcfwatch.com

Number of Cases per 100,000 children in the US
These numbers come from The National Center on
Child Abuse and Neglect in Washington. (NCCAN)
Recent numbers have increased significantly for CPS

*Perpetrators of Maltreatment*

Physical Abuse CPS 160, Parents 59
Sexual Abuse CPS 112, Parents 13
Neglect CPS 410, Parents 241
Medical Neglect CPS 14 Parents 12
Fatalities CPS 6.4, Parents 1.5

CHILD PROTECTIVE SERVICES, HAPPILY DESTROYING THOUSANDS OF INNOCENT
FAMILIES YEARLY NATIONWIDE AND COMING TO YOU'RE HOME SOON...

BE SURE TO FIND OUT WHERE YOUR CANDIDATES STANDS ON THE ISSUE OF
REFORMING OR ABOLISHING CHILD PROTECTIVE SERVICES ("MAKE YOUR CANDIDATES
TAKE A STAND ON THIS ISSUE.") THEN REMEMBER TO VOTE ACCORDINGLY IF THEY
ARE "FAMILY UNFRIENDLY" IN THE NEXT ELECTION...