Spelling ?

Old February 27th 04, 06:37 PM
Fer

Default Spelling ?

Well it looks like we have decided on a boys name finally. Ok I've liked it
for awhile but DH has come around now since he chose the middle name
But my question to you all is about the spelling.... I am not sure how I
want to spell it:

Griffin
Griffen
Griffon
Gryphon
Griphon
Griphin
Gryphen

Ok so some of them are silly but what do you think?!

--?

Jenn
-WAHM
-DS Feb'92
-DD Feb'97
-Jellyfish due June 25/04

Old February 27th 04, 06:44 PM
Emily

Fer wrote:

Well it looks like we have decided on a boys name finally. Ok I've liked it
for awhile but DH has come around now since he chose the middle name
But my question to you all is about the spelling.... I am not sure how I
want to spell it:

Griffin
Griffen
Griffon
Gryphon
Griphon
Griphin
Gryphen

Ok so some of them are silly but what do you think?!

I like, in this order:

Gryphon
Griffen
Griffon

You might look the various spellings up and see if
there's anything in their origins that might help in
deciding!

--
Emily
mom to Toby 5/1/02
#2 EDD 7/19/04
Old February 27th 04, 06:59 PM
Angela Schepers

Personally I really like and prefer the top three. I guess if you're
going for unique than the last four are fine as well. Just depends upon
your tastes I suppose.

Old February 27th 04, 07:14 PM
Sophie

"Fer" wrote in message
Well it looks like we have decided on a boys name finally. Ok I've liked

it
for awhile but DH has come around now since he chose the middle name
But my question to you all is about the spelling.... I am not sure how I
want to spell it:

Griffin
Griffen
Griffon
Gryphon
Griphon
Griphin
Gryphen

Ok so some of them are silly but what do you think?!

The only spelling I like is Griffin.

--?

Jenn
-WAHM
-DS Feb'92
-DD Feb'97
-Jellyfish due June 25/04

Old February 27th 04, 07:30 PM
Jamie Clark

Griffin.

All the rest just look incorrectly spelled to me. Well, except Gryphon, but
that is a mythical creature.
--

Jamie & Taylor
Earth Angel, 1/3/03

Check out Taylor Marlys -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clark_guest,
Password: Guest1
Password

Handmade Baby Blankets -- www.geocities.com/digit_the_cat/Blankets.html

Old February 27th 04, 07:46 PM
Jill

"Fer" wrote in message
Well it looks like we have decided on a boys name finally. Ok I've liked

it
for awhile but DH has come around now since he chose the middle name
But my question to you all is about the spelling.... I am not sure how I
want to spell it:

Griffin
Griffen
Griffon
Gryphon
Griphon
Griphin
Gryphen

Ok so some of them are silly but what do you think?!

I honestly have some experience with this name
My own personal, humble opinion is the better spellings for names are
Griffin or Griffen- I actually prefer Griffin. The last ones on the list
make me think of medieval creatures and mythology, not that that's a bad
thing.

Just my opinion.

Old February 27th 04, 08:34 PM
Circe

Sophie wrote:
The only spelling I like is Griffin.

I was going to say that there is only one way to spell Griffin, and this is
it g!
--
Be well, Barbara
(Julian [6], Aurora [4], and Vernon's [23 mos.] mom)

Financing for "5" years -- car dealership sign

Aurora reciting alphabet: S...T...U...V...DW...X....Y...Z

Old February 27th 04, 08:38 PM
Ilse Witch

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 18:37:11 +0000, Fer wrote:

Ok so some of them are silly but what do you think?!

I always prefer the one that is spelled closest to how it's pronounced, so
I'd go with Griffin.

--
-- I
mommy to DS (19m)

Old February 27th 04, 08:46 PM
Em

"Fer" wrote in message
Well it looks like we have decided on a boys name finally. Ok I've liked

it
for awhile but DH has come around now since he chose the middle name
But my question to you all is about the spelling.... I am not sure how I
want to spell it:

I like Griffin and Gryphon (probably because those are "real" spellings).
Griffin will probably be the least misspelled version. There is a Griffin in
my LLL group :-) I think it is a nice name (he is a spitfire!).

--
Em
mama to L-baby, 5 months old