early pregnancy emotions/depression - vent

Old June 24th 05, 10:40 PM
camandshane

Default early pregnancy emotions/depression - vent

Hi there

I am about 8 weeks along and feeling absolutely awful - emotionally and
physically. I have had morning sickness for 2.5 weeks which drives me
nuts by itself as it is always there and I get no relief. I have been
feeling angry/depressed/upset for about 2 weeks which I think is par
for early pregnancy - all those bl**dy hormones. My midwife has given
me Maxalon to help with the morning sickness. It has taken the edge of
the nausea but has given me some awful side effects of restlesness,
drowsyness and depression so I have stopped taking them after a day - I
was ready to jump off the nearest building - if I had the energy to
climb the stairs ;-)

Can someone tell me that I am not going crazy that at this time in
pregnancy you do feel exhausted, upset and useless. I am so scared
that I am going crazy. Please tell me this will get better soon.

Thanks for listening
Cam
Mum to Aiden - 13.5 months
EDD 7 Feb 06

Old June 25th 05, 12:04 AM
Cuddlefish

"camandshane" wrote in message
ups.com...
Can someone tell me that I am not going crazy that at this time in
pregnancy you do feel exhausted, upset and useless. I am so scared
that I am going crazy. Please tell me this will get better soon.

It gets better, and then it gets worse... ;-) I have 5 weeks to go and I can
identify with the tiredness that is for sure; I am starting to feel somewhat
drained! My first trimester too was kind of blech but it all got better
around 14 weeks.

Hang in there - it sounds like you are having a very typical pregnancy, and
typically it gets better! :-)

--
Jacqueline
#1 Due late Jul/early Aug

Old June 25th 05, 12:20 AM
Lainey

Cam -

I just got out of the exhausted, upset, and useless (don't forget
irritable - extremely) stage a bit ago. You're not going crazy and
you've got a few more weeks of it then your energy will come back and
things will start looking up! You can do it.

*HUGS*

Lainey
Mum to Oog - 6 years
expecting 12/28/05

Old June 25th 05, 07:07 AM
ECM

I COMPLETELY understand! I have been a bit depressed lately. I have my
good days and my bad. I have been feeling a lack of support from my
girlfriends, that I thought were real friends. None of them have
children, so maybe they just dont understand. So, I know thet feeling
of being really sensitive and emotional from that wacky horomones and
changes with my body.
Hang in there. Imagine the reward we'll all get when we have our
beautiful babies.

Old June 25th 05, 08:28 AM

I don't know if this helps, but what you are doing, bringing a new
life into your family and the world is wonderfully beautiful and
important. For a period of misery and discomfort, you are giving a
lifetime of love and happiness, and by extension future generations as
well. Keep up the good work...-Jitney

Old June 25th 05, 09:46 AM
Mum of Two

(((Cam)))

I somehow missed your announcement, congrats! Even though you might not be
feeling celebratory right now..
I remember the stage you're at vividly as being the worst. I had to have DH
pull the car over on the way to work one morning and be sick in the gutter
in front of onlookers. It was not my finest moment.
It always got to the worst from 8 weeks for me, perhaps peaking at 10, and
despite the fact I tend to suffer residual nausea throughout pregnancy, it
was certainly much, much better after that 10th week.
You're probably finding pregnancy that much harder the second time around,
because this time you've got a toddler to look after. I haven't BTDT, but I
had a gastro bug recently with a nearly one-year-old and wanted to die, so I
can empathise!
Everyone I know of has had renewed energy in the second trimester, and
you're more than half-way through the first, and going through the roughest
of it right now. I think what stinks about the first trimester is you feel
so rotten, and have nothing to 'show' for it so to speak. No-one carries
your shopping, offers to get you a cool drink or asks if you need to sit
down for a while. It gets better.
Hang in there!

--
Amy
Mum to Carlos born sleeping 20/11/02,

Old June 25th 05, 12:17 PM
Mogget

In message . com,
camandshane writes
[...]

10 weeks here and feeling likewise terrible, nauseous and quite badly
depressed. As you say, bloody hormones. It makes me angry (when I have
the energy) that there is not a single thing wrong, it's just my bloody
brain chemistry making me miserable.

I wish I could tell you that it will pass, but I don't think you're
going crazy. Unfortunately it seems to be common if not exactly normal.
--
Mogget
Old June 26th 05, 03:50 AM
Bryna

camandshane wrote:
[...]

You are definitely *not* going crazy. Feeling nauseous and exhausted
are natural first-trimester symptoms, and feeling that way 24/7 while
taking care of a young child is enough to make anyone feel pretty down
and upset. My second pregnancy was my hardest so far -- I had no
energy for ds the whole first trimester and I felt so anxious and
overwhelmed all the time. The good news (IME, at least) is that it
should be getting much much better in just a few weeks. I'm currently
14 weeks pregnant with #3, and just starting to feel more "myself" --
so hang in there, this is a time-limited misery, and once it passes
hopefully pregnancy amnesia will set in and you'll start thinking it
really wasn't as bad as all that.

Bryna

Old June 26th 05, 05:42 AM
camandshane

Thnaks Jacqueline :-) I have 14 weeks marked on my calendar to start
celebrating...

Old June 26th 05, 05:44 AM
camandshane

Thanks Lainey! It helps sooo much to know this is relatively normal :-)