Pulled Belly Muscle

Old June 30th 06, 02:34 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Default Pulled Belly Muscle

Wah wah! I just need to whine a little. I'm 27 weeks on, and earlier
today I had to haul my 4-year-old daughter upstairs and to her room for
a time-out. As soon as I was done, I found I was in horrible pain when
I moved in certain ways. Like, ohhhh, walking.

At first I thought I'd well and angered the SPD gods (had a rotten time
with it my first pregnancy, but thankfully I got better on my own after
the birth... several months after... and visiting a chiropractor this
time seems to be keeping it at bay.) Anyway, after a few hours, I've
figured out that while it hurts from a lot of the same things (stairs,
rolling onto my side, etc.) it doesn't hurt in quite the same way or in
the same place.

Sooo... I think I managed to pull or strain some sort of very, very
lower-abdominal muscle O_o

I don't imagine anyone has any sage wisdom for me or anything. I don't
think there's anything at all I can do other than trying to rest as
much as anyone with a 4-year-old CAN. Wah wah.

That's all, I now return you to your regularly scheduled newsgroup.

Old June 30th 06, 05:36 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Andrea Phillips wrote:
[...]

I pull those muscles all the time & now at 3 weeks away, it's getting
harder & harder to avoid pain. :-/

Essentially its like the old joke where a patient tells his Doctor, "It
hurts when I do this" and the Doctor replies, "well, don't do that"
(Baw Haw) :-)
Old June 30th 06, 12:51 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

ow, you poor thing, I was always luck that I was always quite small, except
for literally the last 2 weeks of pregnancy number 2, so I didn't have that
specific problem

about SPD, keep going to the chiropractor, I have SPD, in my 2nd pregnancy
it started at 20 weeks, I found a good chiropracter and he kept me on me
feet until we move back home from which point I went down hill fast, I
wasn't able to find such a good chiropracter, but I think I would have done
anyway. Unfortunately I then had a difficult delivery and have done severe
damage to my SP and over a year after the birth am still very disabled by
it, don't worry this is very unlikely to happen to you, particularly if you
keep yourself in good shape prior to the delivery both with chiro and then
at the end helping your baby be in a good position, mine refused to budge
from posterior and that was what caused all the trouble, if I hadn't have
already had SPD she'd never have made it out vaginally, but that is not a
good thing in my case.

Cheers

Anne

Old July 1st 06, 03:11 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Denise~* wrote:
Andrea Phillips wrote:
Sooo... I think I managed to pull or strain some sort of very, very
lower-abdominal muscle O_o

I pull those muscles all the time & now at 3 weeks away, it's getting
harder & harder to avoid pain. :-/

Essentially its like the old joke where a patient tells his Doctor, "It
hurts when I do this" and the Doctor replies, "well, don't do that"
(Baw Haw) :-)

Oh, noooooo, so this might happen again and again?!

Old July 1st 06, 03:20 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Anne Rogers wrote:
ow, you poor thing, I was always luck that I was always quite small, except
for literally the last 2 weeks of pregnancy number 2, so I didn't have that
specific problem

I'm not sizable, trust me. My MIL looked me over the other day and
asked whether the doctor wasn't concerned that I wasn't growing fast
enough...

about SPD, keep going to the chiropractor, I have SPD, in my 2nd pregnancy
it started at 20 weeks, I found a good chiropracter and he kept me on me
feet until we move back home from which point I went down hill fast, I
wasn't able to find such a good chiropracter, but I think I would have done
anyway. Unfortunately I then had a difficult delivery and have done severe
damage to my SP and over a year after the birth am still very disabled by
it, don't worry this is very unlikely to happen to you, particularly if you
keep yourself in good shape prior to the delivery both with chiro and then
at the end helping your baby be in a good position, mine refused to budge
from posterior and that was what caused all the trouble, if I hadn't have
already had SPD she'd never have made it out vaginally, but that is not a
good thing in my case.

*nodnodnod* I've read some of your ongoing troubles, and I feel
terrible for you. it sounds like you have some pretty serious ligament
damage in your symphysis pubis area, with lots of other parts of your
body starting to hurt from the constant compensation? I hope you at
least get your paperwork sorted out very soon so you can start gettng
better. :/

I started having pain, actually, as early as 17 or 18 weeks this time,
and the chiropractor made it all better pretty quickly. I'm aware of
the potential for complication like yours in birth, but it doesn't
really keep me up at night. I do a lot of trying to convince my friends
that for most people, being pregnant isn't quite as complicated and
horrible as it is for me.

The thing I *am* worried about is, I almost certainly flunked my 1-hour
glucose test today (went home and did a finger-stick after, and got a
158). Sigh. I'm hoping I can talk the doctor out of sending me for the
3-hour test on the grounds that I check my sugar twice a day already
and the numbers are always good... but we'll see... and since I'm
becoming increasingly sure I'll be induced, I'm looking into finding a
doula. The Pitocoin, it was sucky enough the first time.

Old July 1st 06, 06:18 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Andrea Phillips wrote:
Denise~* wrote:

Andrea Phillips wrote:

Sooo... I think I managed to pull or strain some sort of very, very
lower-abdominal muscle O_o

I pull those muscles all the time & now at 3 weeks away, it's getting
harder & harder to avoid pain. :-/

Essentially its like the old joke where a patient tells his Doctor, "It
hurts when I do this" and the Doctor replies, "well, don't do that"
(Baw Haw) :-)

Oh, noooooo, so this might happen again and again?!

Well? I hate to say it, but the bigger you get...

You do learn not to (try not to) do things that hurt.

Belly bands? KD Pregnancy 2 October 2nd 05 08:43 PM
FOAD Baby Boomers Way Back Jack General 159 August 3rd 05 09:20 PM
FOAD Bigots bobbie sellers General 190 August 1st 05 10:07 AM
Pain In Belly...? Christine Pregnancy 1 February 21st 04 07:05 PM