Worried about little movement

Old June 15th 04, 01:40 PM
Sophie

Default Worried about little movement

I know every baby is different, before and after birth. But I'm a bit
worried this time. This one just doesn't seem to move much. I know I'm
super stressed lately, which usually makes them move all over. But this one
doesn't, which adds to my stress.

I'm also worried cos at my last appointment the heartbeat sounded weird.
Having had Fifth Disease, I think the L&D nurse should have said more than
"drink more fluids". Also C's heartbeat sounded "weird" too, and I had her
that night.

It just seems to stay in the middle of my abdomen, with some movement on my
right. I never feel anything on my left. If I push it, it will* sometimes*
move, but not as much as that used to make the others move. Even drinking
soft drinks or OJ, doesn't make it move.

Dylan will put his hands on my stomach at night when I say I don't feel it
and he says he does.

I'm thinking of getting a friend to watch the kids so I can go to L&D for
another stress test. Although I'd feel better with an u/s so I could *see*
it was okay.

Anyone else had a not very active baby? How do you get over that it means
something's not right?

Sophie
#4 due July 7, 2004

Old June 15th 04, 01:54 PM
Kari

Xander was my least active baby and it worried me quite a bit at times. I'd
go a full day and not feel anything. I'd have to do the orange juice thing
and lay down to be aware of it and even then it was little movements. Also,
we had a high afp reading and that worried me too because I never had the
amnio - just went with the date adjustment (even though I KNEW when I got
pregnant) so that was in the back of my mind. Obviously everything did turn
out ok but I was pretty stressed on and off the whole pregnancy. Mentally, I
had thought about what we would do if something was wrong and in all
honesty, I dont know how much you can prepare without stressing or worrying.
Especially when you dont know, it seems silly to worry about something that
more than likely will turn out to be nothing but at the same time, it's hard
not to think about. Boy, I dont know if this was all that
helpful((((hugs))))) Keep us informed, Im sure he/she is just fine

Kari

Old June 15th 04, 02:18 PM
Sophie

"Kari" wrote in message
Xander was my least active baby and it worried me quite a bit at times.

I'd
go a full day and not feel anything.

Do you think he didn't move or you were just too busy to notice? Dylan
thinks it's the latter.

I'd have to do the orange juice thing
and lay down to be aware of it and even then it was little movements.

Yesterday I drank water (Fruit 2 O) like crazy and did feel movement, but
not much. Dylan says it doesn't have much room. Well I remember movements
at the end being painful *cos* they didn't have much room.

Also,
we had a high afp reading and that worried me too because I never had the
amnio - just went with the date adjustment (even though I KNEW when I got
pregnant) so that was in the back of my mind.

Isn't it awful, having that little bit of worry? Cos in one breath you say
to yourself "oh what if..." but in the next you reassure yourself "oh
everything's fine" then then you're back to "what if...". It's horrible. I
swear I'm so thrilled this is the last pregnancy. All of this stress has
been ridiculous. I NEVER have anything happen, figures I'd have to have it
all at once - lol.

Obviously everything did turn
out ok but I was pretty stressed on and off the whole pregnancy. Mentally,

had thought about what we would do if something was wrong and in all
honesty, I dont know how much you can prepare without stressing or

worrying.
Especially when you dont know, it seems silly to worry about something

that
more than likely will turn out to be nothing but at the same time, it's

hard
not to think about. Boy, I dont know if this was all that
helpful((((hugs))))) Keep us informed, Im sure he/she is just fine

Kari

I think I'm extra worried cos of the Fifth Disease, I've heard of really
late losses. Plus the heartbeat sounding weird. It figures as I'm typing,
it's moving like crazy - lol.
I did just call and I need authorization from my Dr to go for a NST in L&D.
I think I'll at least talk to my Dr.

Old June 15th 04, 02:35 PM
Kari

"Sophie" wrote in message

Do you think he didn't move or you were just too busy to notice? Dylan
thinks it's the latter.

I was probably too busy to notice. But there were times that I was just
sitting around and still nothing.

Yesterday I drank water (Fruit 2 O) like crazy and did feel movement, but
not much. Dylan says it doesn't have much room. Well I remember movements
at the end being painful *cos* they didn't have much room.

I dont remember them being painful with any of the kids. They got
uncomfortable a few times, a foot in the ribs, things like that. I do know
that the movements did slow down with each one of them in the last month
though.

Isn't it awful, having that little bit of worry? Cos in one breath you

say
to yourself "oh what if..." but in the next you reassure yourself "oh
everything's fine" then then you're back to "what if...". It's horrible.

swear I'm so thrilled this is the last pregnancy. All of this stress has
been ridiculous. I NEVER have anything happen, figures I'd have to have

it
all at once - lol.

That's how it always is! When it rains, it pours.

I think I'm extra worried cos of the Fifth Disease, I've heard of really
late losses. Plus the heartbeat sounding weird. It figures as I'm

typing,
it's moving like crazy - lol.

Well, that's good!! Im sure everything is fine

I did just call and I need authorization from my Dr to go for a NST in

L&D.
I think I'll at least talk to my Dr.

Good idea. Keep us posted!!

Old June 15th 04, 03:05 PM
Sophie

I was probably too busy to notice. But there were times that I was just
sitting around and still nothing.

Same here.

I dont remember them being painful with any of the kids. They got
uncomfortable a few times, a foot in the ribs, things like that. I do know
that the movements did slow down with each one of them in the last month
though.

I swear the kids put their feet on my ribs and pushed, trying to get out -
lol.

Oh I'm glad you remembered movement slowing down, cos I don't. Maybe that's
all it is.

That's how it always is! When it rains, it pours.

You're telling me.

Well, that's good!! Im sure everything is fine

Ugh, me too really but....Lol.

Good idea. Keep us posted!!

I did call and I can go to L&D whenever I want. The triage nurse said to
eat and drink a lot too, to keep my glucose levels up. I know I don't do
either of those things enough.

Thanks Kari, I do feel better

Old June 15th 04, 03:08 PM
Jill

"Sophie" wrote
I did just call and I need authorization from my Dr to go for a NST in

L&D.
I think I'll at least talk to my Dr.

They should go ahead and send you for NST and an ultrasound- it's completely
justified.

I hope everything is okay. Sending you good vibes!

Jill

Old June 15th 04, 03:20 PM
Sophie

"Jill" wrote in message
. com...

"Sophie" wrote
I did just call and I need authorization from my Dr to go for a NST in

L&D.
I think I'll at least talk to my Dr.

They should go ahead and send you for NST and an ultrasound- it's

completely
justified.

I hope everything is okay. Sending you good vibes!

Jill

Yeah but we're dealing with a Navy hospital. You can't (usually) do
*anything* without an okay from *someone*. It's a pain. And when I called I
found out my Dr is on leave! That's all I need, I'll probably go into
actual labor while he's away - lol.

Old June 15th 04, 03:42 PM
Cheryl S.

"Sophie" wrote in message
I know every baby is different, before and after birth. But
I'm a bit worried this time. This one just doesn't seem to
move much. I know I'm super stressed lately, which usually
makes them move all over. But this one doesn't, which adds
to my stress.

I believe, that a sudden drop in amount of movement is more worrisome
than if not moving that much is a normal-for-this-baby pattern. Maybe
even though being stressed made the other ones move more, this time you
are much more stressed than that that, and you are just not even
noticing movements. I tended to think the baby wasn't moving at times,
both times, then realized I just was too focused on something else to
feel it. Maybe this baby is bigger than the others were and doesn't
have room for more than tiny stretching motions. Whatever it is, I hope
everything's just fine.
--
Cheryl S.
Mom to Julie, 3, and Jaden, 9 months

Old June 15th 04, 03:48 PM
Hillary Israeli

In ,
Sophie wrote:
*
*Anyone else had a not very active baby? How do you get over that it means
*something's not right?

If you're really worried, go to the ER or your OB. However, if it helps,
my second was way way way less active than my first, to the point that I
was nearly constantly worried about her. I mean, I actually called my
doctor several times because "she's not moving -- I tried the soda and
resting already and she's still not moving." She always did give me at
least one kick within an hour of one of those phone calls, though. I have
to admit that I did have a couple of extra off-the-record ultrasound
checks because of my paranoia due to what I perceived as decreased
movements. She's fine. She was never in distress or anything.

Old June 15th 04, 05:28 PM
KR

My daughter rarely moved. Sometimes I would sit there for a couple of hours
before she would move at all, poking didn't work, drinking OJ or anything
else never worked, she was just a lazy baby I guess. I never had a
previous baby to compare her to, so I guess I didn't really worry. DH
worried more then me, he would always say, "did the heart beat sound strange
to you today?" after our OB appointments...

Today she is a happy, healthy, and not sleepy-enough 8 month old!

They are all different, that is the only thing you can tell yourself in
order to calm down. If you do have any concerns at all, just go to L&D and
make sure everything is okay.

KR

#4 due July 7, 2004