Update: Ear Piercing

Old July 4th 04, 06:37 AM
New York Jen

Default Update: Ear Piercing

Well, after reading all of your comments, hubby and I have decided to wait
on the ear piercing for Lily. I had mine done at 7 with my aunt and I
remember being SO excited about it and taking meticulous care of my ears at
that time.

Lily is cute just the way she is! Although I have a hard time resisting all
these little hair bows!

Thanks for all the input,

Jen

Old July 4th 04, 11:19 AM
Cat

"New York Jen" skrev i en meddelelse
. ..
Well, after reading all of your comments, hubby and I have decided to wait
on the ear piercing for Lily. I had mine done at 7 with my aunt and I
remember being SO excited about it and taking meticulous care of my ears

at
that time.

Lily is cute just the way she is! Although I have a hard time resisting

all
these little hair bows!

Thanks for all the input,

You can do it with her some day, and it'll be an occations she remembers.

I think you were very wise to seek advice and even to listen to it. I don't
find the latter very easy at most times :-)

Tine, Denmark

Old July 4th 04, 04:35 PM
Nan

On Sun, 04 Jul 2004 05:37:58 GMT, "New York Jen"
snuck out of the ether to utter:

Well, after reading all of your comments, hubby and I have decided to wait
on the ear piercing for Lily. I had mine done at 7 with my aunt and I
remember being SO excited about it and taking meticulous care of my ears at
that time.

You can always plan it as a "girls day out" thing for her when she's a
bit older :-) I'm looking forward to doing that with my 2.

Lily is cute just the way she is! Although I have a hard time resisting all
these little hair bows!

I can't resist the little headbands and hats!

Nan
--
"when the sun goes down we'll be groovin'
when the sun goes down we'll be feelin' alright,
Old July 4th 04, 05:25 PM
Wendy

When she decides that she just HAS to have her ears pierced later on (I
remember doing the whole puuhleeze Mom thing) you can make a big day of
it and have lunch and go to the mall. I think the decision you made was
the safest, anyway. There is really no risk in not having it done and
perhaps she'll be a total tomboy anyway. I am hoping baby #2 is a girl
because I love the little hairbows, too!

Wendy

Old July 4th 04, 07:30 PM
zolw

Hi Jen;

My baby is not even out & I can't resist those little hair bows ) So,
enjoy

My husband truly believes that I will turn our little girl into a doll.
I don't think I am over doing it, but it's just that girl's stuff is so
much more fun than boy's stuff

Mona
due 07-31-04

Old July 4th 04, 09:19 PM
MCranEY05

Jen,

I did Nicole and whitney's ears real early--6m and 10m. They didn't make a
peep. So, 13 yrs later when I finally got another baby girl, I took Sammi and
got her ears done at 2m. MISTAKE!! She cried so hard she forgot to breath. I
was scared to death. She finally caught her breath, but I will *NEVER* forget
the scene. Shay is my 4th girl and there is no way I will ever put a child thru
that again. Shay can have hers done when she is old enough---like 18. lol. Oh,
Sammi had bad reactions to the earrings. She can only wear 14kt gold, and even
some of those made her ears infected. I took the earrings out at age 13m... I
am happy I did it. I truely believe kids need to be at least 8 before they
have them done, and it has to be their decision.

Btw. Lily is an absolute doll face-- I could just munch her up

Jolinda

Old July 4th 04, 11:16 PM
A&G&K

"New York Jen" wrote in message
. ..
Well, after reading all of your comments, hubby and I have decided to wait
on the ear piercing for Lily. I had mine done at 7 with my aunt and I
remember being SO excited about it and taking meticulous care of my ears

at
that time.

Lily is cute just the way she is! Although I have a hard time resisting

all
these little hair bows!

Thanks for all the input,

Jen

I'm looking forward to a girly bonding day with DD when she's older (and if
she wants her ears pierced) ... even now I'm envisioning a day off school, a
trip to the shops, and a nice lunch at a cafe

.... and you are so right - Lily is absolutely *gorgeous* just as she is.

Amanda

--
DD 15th August 2002
1 tiny angel Nov 2003

Old July 5th 04, 02:23 AM
New York Jen

... and you are so right - Lily is absolutely *gorgeous* just as she is.

Amanda

--
DD 15th August 2002
1 tiny angel Nov 2003
EDD 19th August 2004

Aww, thanks Amanda!

And how are YOU feeling????

Old July 5th 04, 04:44 PM
Tori M.

"Nan" wrote in message
On Sun, 04 Jul 2004 05:37:58 GMT, "New York Jen"
snuck out of the ether to utter:

Well, after reading all of your comments, hubby and I have decided to

wait
on the ear piercing for Lily. I had mine done at 7 with my aunt and I
remember being SO excited about it and taking meticulous care of my ears

at
that time.

You can always plan it as a "girls day out" thing for her when she's a
bit older :-) I'm looking forward to doing that with my 2.

Lily is cute just the way she is! Although I have a hard time resisting

all
these little hair bows!

I can't resist the little headbands and hats!

Nan

Isnt that funny... my mom was almost as excited as I was for Bonnie to turn
6 months so we could peirce her ears but she made me promise to never ever
use a "head garter" on her.. lol She said it was mean to put them on and
they always seemed too tight... I never much cared for the little hair clips
but Bonnie looks so darned cute in hats.. she does not really leave them on
anymore though

Tori
--
Bonnie 3/20/02