Ok Todd I'll Bite.. Floride question Anyone with answers can;)

Old July 15th 04, 06:03 PM
Tori M.

Default Ok Todd I'll Bite.. Floride question Anyone with answers can;)

My dr. gave Bonnie a perscription for Floride but we never used it.. we
filled it once but at the time I read dont mix with dairy and she was still
mainly on formula so did not see the point. Now every time I go to the Dr
he asks if I am doing the floride and I say we have it but dont use it and
he tries to give us a new perscriptions. We dont have treated water. It is
better then Bottled in quality and taste.. The old landlord replaced all the
piping with PVC so dont have to worry about lead. Should I give Bonnie the
Floride? Her teeth seem healthy and i am worried about Mottling of her
teeth if I give her the floride.. I knew a little boy with that and it was
awful..
I am gonna post this in misc.kids as well.. not gonna cross post though

Tori

--
Bonnie 3/20/02
Xavier due 10/17/04

Old July 16th 04, 02:13 AM
Todd Gastaldo

Default Infant formula and fluoride

INFANT FORMULA AND FLUORIDE...

Tori asked:

"Should I give Bonnie the Floride? Her teeth seem healthy and i am worried
about Mottling of her teeth if I give her the floride.. I knew a little boy
with that and it was
awful..." (This excerpt was snipped from the rest of Tori's post below.)

Tori,

If you are going to give Bonnie supplemental fluoride, here is CDC's
supplemental fluoride recommendation...
http://www.cdc.gov/OralHealth/factsh...upplements.htm

I am pretty sure that fluoridated communities notify doctors that fluoride
supplements are not needed.

But your water is not fluoridated...

Mottling is definitely a risk when fluoride is given - via supplement - or
via the water supply - or via other sources. EPA says mottling is
only a "cosmetic" problem but scientists say there is evidence that fluoride
is toxic to the central nervous system. See The Fluoride Deception [2004].

Encourage your doctor to read The Fluoride
Deception [2004] by Christopher Bryson and see if he still wants Bonnie to
have the supplemental fluoride.

IRISH INFANT FORMULA STORY...

Michael Connett writes at www.fluoridealert.org:

When Ireland's Minister of Health convened "The Fluoridation Forum" to
review Ireland's mandatory fluoridation policy, the Forum asked the Food and
Safety Authority of Ireland (FSAI) to conduct a risk assessment on fluoride.
In the FSAI's initial risk assessment, they concluded:

"The scientific committee agrees that the precautionary principle should
apply and recommends that infant formula should not be reconstituted with
fluoridated tap water."

The FSAI's Scientific Committee voted unanimously (with 9 out of 15
committee members present) to adopt this recommendation at its October 3,
2001 meeting. Soon thereafter, on October 18, 2001, the FSAI's Wayne
Anderson presented the FSAI's conclusions to the Minister's Fluoridation
Forum.

However, in the week following Anderson's presentation to the Forum, some of
the 6 FSAI's Committee members who were not present at the October 3rd vote,
began calling for a retraction and re-examination of the report's
conclusions.

Thus, despite the fact that the Committee vote adopting the report was
unanimous, the FSAI retracted the report, stating that there were "some
errors and that it didn't necessarily take account of all of the science
that was there."

However, another potential reason why the FSAI may have retracted the
report, became quite evident at a July 10, 2003 parliamentary hearing in
Dublin.

At the hearing, it was revealed that Ireland's leading fluoridation
promoter, Dr. Joe Mullen (who was also a member of the Fluoridation Forum)
believed that the FSAI's initial conclusion may have meant the end to water
fluoridation in Ireland.

According to Dr. Mullen's testimony:

"I think it would probably have meant a serious re-evaluation, it probably
would have meant the end of water fluoridation and at the very least a
serious re-appraisal of it."

http://www.fluoridealert.org/science-watch/9.htm

##### Back to Tori...

Now every time I go to the Dr
he asks if I am doing the floride and I say we have it but dont use it and
he tries to give us a new perscriptions.

#### Again, I recommend that you encourage your doctor read The Fluoride
Deception [2004] and see if he still wants Bonnie to have fluoride.

We dont have treated water. It is
better then Bottled in quality and taste..

#### Interestingly, Aqua Fina is produced via reverse osmosis which removes
fluoride.

The old landlord replaced all the
piping with PVC so dont have to worry about lead. snip
I am gonna post this in misc.kids as well.. not gonna cross post though

Tori

--
Bonnie 3/20/02
Xavier due 10/17/04

##### Thanks for responding.

##### Todd

Old July 16th 04, 02:37 AM
Tori M.

#### Interestingly, Aqua Fina is produced via reverse osmosis which
removes
fluoride.

And the only brand of bottled water I actualy like that is a national
brand... hmmmm.

Tori

--
Bonnie 3/20/02
Xavier due 10/17/04

Old July 16th 04, 03:08 AM
Kathy Cole

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 12:03:38 -0500, "Tori M."
wrote:

My dr. gave Bonnie a perscription for Floride but we never used it.. we
filled it once but at the time I read dont mix with dairy and she was still
mainly on formula so did not see the point.

As I understand it, if you're on city water in much of the US, making
formula from powder and tap water, there's no reason for supplemental
fluoride.
Old July 16th 04, 04:58 AM
Tori M.

I am not.. I am on far from city water.. We use Well Water that is of VERY
good Quality. No added junk like city water. I was not positive if the
Floride was woth the risk.. if there is risk involved with floride. She has
healthy teeth and we actualy brush her teeth with regular tooth paste since
she likes the Cinnamin Rush that DH uses.. She is not fond of the Berry
Blend they make for younger kids. Does that make a differance?

Tori

--
Bonnie 3/20/02
Xavier due 10/17/04

Old July 16th 04, 02:31 PM
Sally

"Tori M." wrote in message news:z- Should I give Bonnie the
Floride? Her teeth seem healthy and i am worried about Mottling of her
teeth if I give her the floride.. I knew a little boy with that and it was
awful..

Fluoride was once thought to reduce tooth decay by ingestion - meaning
swallowing fluoride incorporated into developing teeth to make them
resist decay. Science replaced that belief. Swallowing fluoride only
risks dental fluorosis (discolored teeth). Fluoride only gets
incorporated into the tooth's outer enamel by topical means. So
there's really no good reason to swallow fluoride at all.

Fluoride is not a nutrient nor essential. People around the world and
before the "invention" of fluoride had and have great teeth by simply
eating a good diet.

Even our own US Centers for Disease Control Oral Health Section says
that there is no relationship between a tooth's fluoride content and
cavities.

Here's a link to an article I wrote, "Fluoride Supplements - Dont' Use
Them"
http://www.suite101.com/article.cfm/11749/90618

Sally Stride
Suite 101 Fluoridation Editor
Http://www.suite101.com/welcome.cfm/fluoridation
Old July 17th 04, 06:47 PM
Todd Gastaldo

"Fluoride only gets incorporated into the tooth's outer enamel by topical
means. So there's really no good reason to swallow fluoride at all."
--Sally Stride, Suite 101 Fluoridation Editor
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...&output=gplain

Sally,

Proponents of low dose fluoride ion chemotherapy ("fluoridation") indicate
that swallowing fluoride is "important" because swallowing the stuff causes
a topical effect via saliva.

Christopher Bryson [2004] writes:

"Drinking fluoridated water is still important, according to CDC, because it
bathes the teeth in fluoride-enhanced saliva."
[Bryson C. The Fluoride Deception. NY: Seven Stories Press. 2004:xx]

If drinking fluoridated water "bathes the teeth in fluoride-enhanced
saliva" - it is likely that ingesting fluoride supplements does the same
thing. (Tori M's doctor apparently prescribed fluoride supplements for
little Bonnie for this very reason - which I don't think is valid - but
hey - he's little Bonnie's doctor.)

Bryson writes (as you allude) that the CDC "no longer argues that fluoride
absorbed from the stomach via the drinking water helps teeth." [Bryson 2004:
xx]

"Instead, the argument goes," writes Bryson, "fluoride strikes at dental
decay from *outside* the tooth, or 'topically'" - which is, of course, the
point you made Sally.

Todd

Dr. Gastaldo

Excerpted from: Chiropractors to End Fluoridation
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group...t/message/2659

Old July 19th 04, 08:07 AM
eggs

"Tori M." wrote in message
[...]

I grew up on unflouridated water. When I was grade school age (when my
adult teeth were coming in?) my mother would take me to the dentist for
"flouride treatments" which involved him painting some gross stuff on my
teeth, me sitting around for a while (half an hour???), then they would
rinse my teeth off and off I would go. I am about to go to the dentist
to get my first filling some time in the next couple of weeks. I am 34
years old and do not floss. So, although my story is only anecdotal, I
would think she would be ok without the drops and supplementation, but
you should probably get her treated later when her permanent teeth come
in.

eggs.

Another child killed in kincare Kane General 39 February 12th 04 06:55 PM
Kids should work... bobb General 108 December 15th 03 03:23 PM
And again he strikes........ Doan strikes ...... again! was Kids should work... Kane General 2 December 6th 03 03:28 AM