tired and bored!!

Old July 17th 04, 08:29 PM
M Wayne

Default tired and bored!!

Uh oh - I've been trying to spend *less* time in front of the computer but
I'm afraid I might get sucked into that online Scrabble. I love Scrabble,
but can't play with DH anymore because he gets too angry - he hates to lose

--
Melissa
Baby Harry due 7/27/04
"Mamma Mia" wrote in message
u...

"ted" wrote in message
om...
You can say that again! I'm really bored and tired. I have few more
weeks to go. I'm bored of sitting in the sofa and watching TV/reading
books and basically bored of being stationary. Yet, if I walk around I
get tired really fast, get pressure around lower belly, pelvic bone
pains etc. Week days are fine because I work but weekends are the
worst. If I sleep during the day, I stay up at nights.

How do/did you spend the last few weeks of your pregnancy?

1st preg - playing computer games! try www.isc.ro (scrabble)

Old July 19th 04, 08:16 PM
Elitsirk

(ted) wrote in message . com...
You can say that again! I'm really bored and tired. I have few more
weeks to go. I'm bored of sitting in the sofa and watching TV/reading
books and basically bored of being stationary. Yet, if I walk around I
get tired really fast, get pressure around lower belly, pelvic bone
pains etc. Week days are fine because I work but weekends are the
worst. If I sleep during the day, I stay up at nights.

How do/did you spend the last few weeks of your pregnancy?

I wish I had that problem! I'm not quite close as you are I don't
think, but I'm afraid I don't have enough time to do things. I also
work during the week, and my weekends seem pretty full. Of course, DH
and I are in the middle of a great re-organization to make way for the
baby's room. Up til now the the room in question has been my
office/sewing room, and DH had a separate bedroom as an office. The
process of combining both offices has sort of exploded all over the
second story of our house--to the point where I literally can't get
into the guest/kids bathroom because the stack of boxes blocking it is
too big. All the boxes and piles of stuff are really stressing me
out, too, since most of it is DH's stuff that he's trying to go
through and put back away in the office closet. He's also in the
middle of finishing painting in the baby's room. He's a major
perfectionist and gets caught up on tiny details very easily, so doing
some thing seems to take him forever, and I'm afraid that he'll get so
caught up in micro-organizing the office *stuff* that he won't just
get all the boxes put back away.

I have curtains to finish for the baby's room, toys to clean and
organize (MIL went garage sale shopping and brought us a trunk full of
used baby toys that I want to wash/sanitize before they come anywhere
near a baby's mouth), the baby's closet to put back together (we
removed the basic shelves to paint and are putting in a more organized
set of shelving). I also have a baby quilt that I started before I
became pg (not necessarily for myself, but at this point it is--I
became the "next one I know to get pregnant") that I'd kind of like to
finish at some point. Housework? You have time for normal housework?
Hmmm...when was the last time I had the time (and energy) to mop the
kitchen floor? TV? You watch TV? Without working on something else
at the same time?

I'm frequently the type who stresses out over to-do lists, so none of
this really surprises me. I'm hoping that if I stress out over this
stuff now and get DH and I to finish a lot of stuff than I'll get to
be blissfully bored in the last couple of weeks before the baby
arrives, but in the mean time I'm starting to wonder whether I really
should plan to work up until my due date, or if I should tell my boss
that I'm leaving a week or two earlier to save my sanity (did I
mention that I am stressed at work too? that I'm posting to forget
some violent thoughts I've had towards certain coworkers lately...not
that I'd ever actually hurt anyone, but some days I'm really tempted
to just go home and not come back and stop answering my cell phone and
let them deal with the mess they're getting into by themselves....)

Ok, time to practice the slow breathing/relaxation exercises DH and I
are learning in childbirth class....

--Elit. (who hopes she's not really as psycho as she sounds....)

#1 due 9/20/2004
Old July 20th 04, 02:25 PM
Sue

"Vicky Bilaniuk" wrote in message
Can I say something about this? I have been cooking and freezing food
for my grandparents. We even went out and bought a stand-alone freezer
to hold the stuff (good excuse - I had been wanting one anyway). I'm
still bored. ;-)

Well you're bored with whatever you do I am sure because you are anxiously
waiting on the arrival of your baby. When I was pregnant with my second, it
was during the early spring and I went to a lot of garage sales to pass the
time.
And Ninetindo was in style then and I played a lot of games. I always knew I
was pregnant because I got a sudden urge to sit and play the games. ;o)
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

Old July 20th 04, 05:40 PM
Vicky Bilaniuk

Sue wrote:

"Vicky Bilaniuk" wrote in message

Can I say something about this? I have been cooking and freezing food
for my grandparents. We even went out and bought a stand-alone freezer
to hold the stuff (good excuse - I had been wanting one anyway). I'm
still bored. ;-)

Well you're bored with whatever you do I am sure because you are anxiously
waiting on the arrival of your baby.

Definitely that. I'm definitely anxious these days. I wish it would
hurry up and happen. :-) I can't wait to meet and hold the baby. It's
especially bad now that we've managed to get so much stuff (furniture
for the baby's room, bassinet, car seat, stroller, clothing, etc.). We
are actually ready to take a baby home now.
Old July 20th 04, 05:50 PM
Vicky Bilaniuk

Elitsirk wrote:

I'm frequently the type who stresses out over to-do lists, so none of
this really surprises me. I'm hoping that if I stress out over this
stuff now and get DH and I to finish a lot of stuff than I'll get to
be blissfully bored in the last couple of weeks before the baby
arrives, but in the mean time I'm starting to wonder whether I really
should plan to work up until my due date, or if I should tell my boss
that I'm leaving a week or two earlier to save my sanity (did I
mention that I am stressed at work too? that I'm posting to forget
some violent thoughts I've had towards certain coworkers lately...not
that I'd ever actually hurt anyone, but some days I'm really tempted
to just go home and not come back and stop answering my cell phone and
let them deal with the mess they're getting into by themselves....)

Wow! Take the time off. I'm sure it will help. You don't need extra
stress right now.