What happened to this group????

Old April 15th 05, 08:56 PM
Sunshine

Default What happened to this group????

Ok - So I haven't been here a lot lately. I go today and I see movie
reviews (why would misc.kids be a good place for these?), and a lot of
spam. Oh yeah, once in awhile a good thread. What the hec happened?
Almost makes me want to go to a moderated group.

Sunshine

Old April 15th 05, 10:15 PM
Sue

"Sunshine" wrote in message
I go today and I see movie reviews (why would misc.kids be a good place for
these?),

The movie reviews have always been here. And why is it revellent to
misc.kids? Well Steve Rhodes reviews all movies and it's kind of nice to see
what movies are about and if it is a children's movie, then as parents we
can see if we want to pay the money to see it.

and a lot of
spam. Oh yeah, once in awhile a good thread. What the hec happened?
Almost makes me want to go to a moderated group.

And there's always spam, I just killfile them or ignore them.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

Old April 16th 05, 04:11 AM
JennP

"Sunshine" wrote in message
oups.com...
Ok - So I haven't been here a lot lately. I go today and I see movie
reviews (why would misc.kids be a good place for these?), and a lot of
spam. Oh yeah, once in awhile a good thread. What the hec happened?
Almost makes me want to go to a moderated group.

Steve's movie reviews have been here for years. I find them pretty good,
actually.

JennP.

Old April 17th 05, 03:42 AM
Sunshine

Steve's movie reviews have been here for years. I find them pretty

good,
actually.

JennP.

Not bashing the reviews just dreaming of a day when I went to a group
about kids and read about kids. Or went to a movie group and read
about movies. Actually, now that I think about, I don't think I ever
saw a group without OTC just seems like they're the norm now.

Sunshine

Old April 17th 05, 01:41 PM
Sue

"Sunshine" wrote in message
Not bashing the reviews just dreaming of a day when I went to a group
about kids and read about kids.

It's nice to go to a group that it is intended, but sometimes I do get tired
of talking about kids and other topics are nice.

Or went to a movie group and read about movies. Actually, now that I think

about, I don't think I ever saw a group without OTC just seems like they're
the norm now.

How about trying misc.kids.family-life. It is lightly moderated and there
are no trolls or spam. Point your newsreader to news.gweep.ca and add this
server to your email reader. It is a great group.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

Old April 18th 05, 08:05 AM
P. Tierney

"Sunshine" wrote in message
oups.com...

Steve's movie reviews have been here for years. I find them pretty

good,
actually.

JennP.

Not bashing the reviews just dreaming of a day when I went to a group
about kids and read about kids.

Why not join a moderated kids group? Nothing wrong with
that. Then, your dreams will be realized.

P.
Tierney