Help! Baby-Oil reaction on 2-Month old ???

Old October 22nd 03, 02:54 AM
MJT

Default Help! Baby-Oil reaction on 2-Month old ???

Our baby has Craddle Cap. She's a little over 2 months old. We used baby
oil to help with the cradle cap last night, and today she has what looks
like burnt redish skin everywhere her skin folds. Is this a reaction to
baby oil? What should I do?

Thanks!
- Adrian

Old October 22nd 03, 03:40 AM
Beth Kevles

Hi -

Yes, it could be the baby oil. More likely, the scent in the baby oil.
Rinse her head very thoroughly with lukewarm water to get the oil off,
and don't use it again :-)

You don't NEED to use anything on cradle cap, but if you wish, you can
use some plain olive oil (from the kitchen). Babies rarely have a
problem with it, and it's easy to get at the store.

Just my two cents,
--Beth Kevles

like me to reply.

Interesting local article on baby names sher General 292 October 1st 03 12:08 AM
RECALL: Baby Walkers Truffles General 7 September 13th 03 03:35 AM
Help - picky 12 month old Sunshine General 6 August 20th 03 06:54 AM
6 month old schedule question Penny Gaines General 2 August 1st 03 10:09 AM
bedtime routine for 3rd baby Nevermind General 4 August 1st 03 12:18 AM