Pregnant? NASM fitness trainers CAN'T (or won't) help make birth easier?

Old June 1st 04, 09:06 PM
Todd Gastaldo

Default Pregnant? NASM fitness trainers CAN'T (or won't) help make birth easier?

"I don't want to be quoted saying NASM trainers can make birthing
easier...Please send out another email and let the email group know that
there was an improper quotation."
--NASM CEO and PRES Mike Clark, MS, PT, NASM-PES

OPEN LETTER

NASM CEO and PRES Mike Clark, MS, PT, NASM-PES

Mike,

There was no improper quotation.

I was not quoting you - I was INFORMING you.

Fitness trainers CAN help make birth easier - by simply informing pregnant
clients that OBs are knowingly closing birth canals and that it is EASY for
women to allow their birth canals to OPEN the "extra" up to 30%.

Currently, OBs are slicing vaginas en masse (euphemism "routine
episiotomy") - surgically/fraudulently claiming to be doing everything
possible to open birth canals - even as they close birth canals up to 30%.

OBs are also slicing abdomens en masse (euphemism "c-section") -
surgically/fraudulently inferring they have done everything possible to open
birth canals - even as they - you guessed it - close birth canals up to 30%.

OBs CAUSE cephalopelvic disproportion then perform c-sections BEcause of
cephalopelvic disproportion.

When babies' shoulders get stuck, OBs *keep* birth canal closed up to 30%!

Pregnant clients should be encouraged to discuss these matters with their
OBs - in order to avoid unnecessary surgeries and get back into the gym more
quickly.

Thanks for writing.

Sincerely,

Todd

Dr. Gastaldo

PS The grisly birth-canal-closing biomechanics of semisitting and dorsal
delivery are simple - easily understandable by most PTs and fitness
trainers - but if you don't understand the simple biomechanics and aren't
sure NASM fitness trainers would understand - so be it.

Regarding Dr. Craig Leibenson saying he doesn't know me...

I alluded to the fact that, years ago I drove to Seattle and paid Craig to
attend his rehab seminar in order to be able to PERSONALLY inform him that
Western culture is robbing children of a fundamental human rest posture that
happens to double as a fundamental human DELIVERY posture that happens to
allow the birth canal to open the "extra" up to 30%.

I am sorry Craig does not remember that.

I will post this to the usenet (and bcc Craig everyone else who received my
post via email) so everyone knows that you do not believe that NASM fitness
trainers can help make birth easier.

Again Mike, that wasn't me quoting you - it was me INFORMING you.

I still say: NASM fitness trainers can help make birth easier.

Please let me know if you warn NASM fitness trainers NOT to discuss with
pregnant clients the fact that OBs are knowingly closing birth canals and
how easy it is for women to allow their birth canals to open the "extra" up
to 30%.

Again, pregnant clients should be encouraged to discuss these matters with