HAIR LOSS AFTER PREGNANCY IS VERY HIGH

Old February 3rd 04, 11:11 PM
javalearner

Default HAIR LOSS AFTER PREGNANCY IS VERY HIGH

hi
after pregnancy my hairs are lossing in high quantity. every time i
touch my hairs with hands they come in my hands. before pregnancy they
were good.i have straight and black hairs. but now they are thin and
lossing.i changed my shampoo too as all beautisions said that "nioxin"
is best for hair loss. i do use conditioner and hair strength
conditioner which is also nioxin. but it doesn't control lossing. i'm
breast feeding my baby.
i need a advice to control my hair loss.
thanks in advance
Old February 4th 04, 01:59 AM
Larry McMahan

javalearner writes:
: hi
: after pregnancy my hairs are lossing in high quantity. every time i
: touch my hairs with hands they come in my hands. before pregnancy they
: were good.i have straight and black hairs. but now they are thin and
: lossing.i changed my shampoo too as all beautisions said that "nioxin"
: is best for hair loss. i do use conditioner and hair strength
: conditioner which is also nioxin. but it doesn't control lossing. i'm
: breast feeding my baby.
: i need a advice to control my hair loss.
: thanks in advance

Your hair gets thicker and heavier in pregnancy, then it all comes
out again after you have the baby. This is normal.

Larry
Old February 4th 04, 04:08 AM
iphigenia

javalearner wrote:
i need a advice to control my hair loss.

You don't need all that special shampoo and stuff. This is just normal. When
you're pregnant, your hair loss rate drops dramatically; a few months after
giving birth, all the hair you didn't lose while you were pregnant falls
out. It'll stop after a bit.

--
tristyn
www.tristyn.net

Old February 4th 04, 08:14 AM
javalearner

"iphigenia" wrote in message ...
javalearner wrote:
i need a advice to control my hair loss.

You don't need all that special shampoo and stuff. This is just normal. When
you're pregnant, your hair loss rate drops dramatically; a few months after
giving birth, all the hair you didn't lose while you were pregnant falls
out. It'll stop after a bit.

hi
my baby is now 13 months old and my hairs were start lossing in
3months of him.
it still lossing very much. i'm not taking any medicine or other
things. and i'm healthy otherwise. but i don't no the reason for hair
loss.i guess it's breastfeed.what u think?
Old February 4th 04, 11:13 AM
Matt C

"javalearner" wrote in message
om...
"iphigenia" wrote in message

javalearner wrote:
i need a advice to control my hair loss.

You don't need all that special shampoo and stuff. This is just normal.

When
you're pregnant, your hair loss rate drops dramatically; a few months

after
giving birth, all the hair you didn't lose while you were pregnant falls
out. It'll stop after a bit.

hi
my baby is now 13 months old and my hairs were start lossing in
3months of him.
it still lossing very much. i'm not taking any medicine or other
things. and i'm healthy otherwise. but i don't no the reason for hair
loss.i guess it's breastfeed.what u think?

The hair loss usually starts at about 3 months, so that's perfectly normal.
It can be really heavy loss, and can go on for a long time. It is not
associated with breastfeeding.

With my first baby, I got worried when my hair was still falling out at 8
months, and I went to see a doctor. He did do a blood test (testing for
hormone imbalence IIRC), but typically my hair abrubtly stopped falling out
in handfuls straight afterwards!

If your worried, I would suggest seeing a doctor.

HTH

Jacqui

Old February 5th 04, 12:36 AM
Larry McMahan

javalearner writes:
:
: You don't need all that special shampoo and stuff. This is just normal. When
: you're pregnant, your hair loss rate drops dramatically; a few months after
: giving birth, all the hair you didn't lose while you were pregnant falls
: out. It'll stop after a bit.

: hi
: my baby is now 13 months old and my hairs were start lossing in
: 3months of him.
: it still lossing very much. i'm not taking any medicine or other
: things. and i'm healthy otherwise. but i don't no the reason for hair
: loss.i guess it's breastfeed.what u think?

Its the aftermath of pregnancy and it is normal. It has nothing
to do with breastfeeding.

Larry
Old February 5th 04, 07:32 AM
jjmoreta

"javalearner" wrote in message
om...
hi
after pregnancy my hairs are lossing in high quantity. every time i
touch my hairs with hands they come in my hands. before pregnancy they
were good.i have straight and black hairs. but now they are thin and
lossing.i changed my shampoo too as all beautisions said that "nioxin"
is best for hair loss. i do use conditioner and hair strength
conditioner which is also nioxin. but it doesn't control lossing. i'm
breast feeding my baby.
i need a advice to control my hair loss.
thanks in advance

Have your doctor run a thyroid screen if the hair loss doesn't stop or slow
down after a reasonable amount of time. Pregnancy affects the thyroid
levels, sometimes permanently. I've been hypothyroid (low thyroid) for over
a decade and currently I have to take a higher dose of Synthroid than before
I was pregnant.

- Joanne
DS Ian, 14 wks