Tantrums.

Old May 1st 04, 10:34 PM
Laura Brooks

Default Tantrums.

Spoken like someone who has never dealt with an extremely strong willed
child. This wasn't about teaching boundaries or patience, it was about
a single minded child who threw tempter tantrums when she couldn't get
her way, and sometimes she just couldn't.

Also, I'd just like to mention that my DD used to throw tantrums that we
couldn't even figure out. Usually it seemed vaguely sleep-related - she'd
wake up from a nap too early or something. She'd start to cry and scream
and bang around, and nothing we did made any difference. Sitting nearby and
reminding her every now and then that I was there for her when she was ready
was about all I could do. I tried holding her, but that only made things
worse.

My son had more the normal sort of tantrums (my DD had those, too), and
sometimes holding worked with him - or at least didn't make things worse.
Every kid is different.

Laura
(glad the tantrum days are over... mostly! ;-) Mom to Sarah (9) and
Jonathan (6.5)

Old May 2nd 04, 01:21 AM
Banty

In article et, Laura Brooks
says...

Laura
(glad the tantrum days are over... mostly! ;-) Mom to Sarah (9) and
Jonathan (6.5)

Ah, but the eye-rolling and snitty-fit days are ahead ;-) Mom to Roger (11)

Old May 3rd 04, 03:25 AM
Laura Brooks

(glad the tantrum days are over... mostly! ;-) Mom to Sarah (9) and
Jonathan (6.5)

Ah, but the eye-rolling and snitty-fit days are ahead ;-) Mom to Roger

(11)

:-) Getting there already... :-P

terrible fives? amy General 69 May 9th 04 01:55 AM
Define the "Terrible Twos" for me? Jim Beaver General 78 December 5th 03 09:40 PM