Midwife Appointment

Old December 13th 05, 02:45 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Default Midwife Appointment

Well I managed to take a small sample of urine to the midwife and its a good
job I did as protene was found in the sample. I got to go back next week to
get it checked again!!!!!!! I hope its not the start of pre eclampsia but I
am not going to worry yet

Old December 13th 05, 02:58 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

When was the last time you ate before you took the urine sample?
Not eating for a while (12+ hours) can cause some protein in your urine
too.

Old December 13th 05, 03:37 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

kmom wrote
When was the last time you ate before you took the urine sample?
Not eating for a while (12+ hours) can cause some protein in your urine
too.

plus you struggled to get the sample, so it is unlikely to be a clean
sample, protein could come from a drip of mucous

Anne

Old December 13th 05, 10:11 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

"Kmom" wrote in message
ups.com...
When was the last time you ate before you took the urine sample?
Not eating for a while (12+ hours) can cause some protein in your urine
too.

It wasnt really long, umm 3 hrs or there about. I had my breakfast at about
10am as I had a lazy morning and just kipped on the sofa until then whilst
hubby went to doctors for some anti biotics for his tooth abcess and as I
dont sleep well at night anymore decided just to nap until hubby came home
then had some breakfast with him about 10am ish.

Old December 13th 05, 10:12 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

plus you struggled to get the sample, so it is unlikely to be a clean
sample, protein could come from a drip of mucous

Anne

Yeah there is that, and Midwife said it could be due to a urine infection
anyway, should be able to find out Thursday/Friday

Old December 14th 05, 06:24 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

April & Bump wrote:
Well I managed to take a small sample of urine to the midwife and its a good
job I did as protene was found in the sample. I got to go back next week to
get it checked again!!!!!!! I hope its not the start of pre eclampsia but I
am not going to worry yet

Did they tell you if it was a trace amount of protein, or if it was a
+1, +2, etc. on the dipstick?

Usually the dipsticks just tell you if you need to do a 24 hour test or
not. And usually they'd just check it again next appointment if it
were trace, especially if your bp is in a normal range.

--
C, mama to three year old nursling

Old December 14th 05, 11:53 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

wrote in message
ups.com...

April & Bump wrote:
Well I managed to take a small sample of urine to the midwife and its a

good
job I did as protene was found in the sample. I got to go back next week

get it checked again!!!!!!! I hope its not the start of pre eclampsia

but I
am not going to worry yet

Did they tell you if it was a trace amount of protein, or if it was a
+1, +2, etc. on the dipstick?

Usually the dipsticks just tell you if you need to do a 24 hour test or
not. And usually they'd just check it again next appointment if it
were trace, especially if your bp is in a normal range.

--
C, mama to three year old nursling

She said it was +1 so its still a low result right!!!!!! I am not worried to
much at the moment because if I remember correctly I had the same trace with
my 2nd son around about the same time.