Cautiously Interested in Natural Infertility Remedies...Any Feedback?

Old October 2nd 06, 02:46 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
[email protected]

Default Cautiously Interested in Natural Infertility Remedies...Any Feedback?

Hello kind folks,

I am about to begin exploring some natural methods for improving my
fertility. Has anyone here tried acupunture, taking herbs, or nutrition
therapy (particularly gluten-free diets and raw foods)? I am very
interested in hearing about your experiences with these methods. Thank
you in advance!

Trish

Old October 2nd 06, 09:16 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
ohlala

wrote:
Hello kind folks,

I am about to begin exploring some natural methods for improving my
fertility. Has anyone here tried acupunture, taking herbs, or nutrition
therapy (particularly gluten-free diets and raw foods)? I am very
interested in hearing about your experiences with these methods. Thank
you in advance!

Trish

While on vacation In Jordan, at the Movenpick Dead Sea Spa... my
massage therapist there
was also a chinese doctor who does acupunture, he did laying on hands
and diagnosed me. I had to eat this bean, rice and spice concoction for
a month and then once a week for a few months afterwards and then I got
pregnant.

I had too much Yang, which is masculine engery and needed more Yin,
feminine to make a good host for a baby. he said "too hot in there, too
much yang, no good for baby" and wrote the prescription, but in
chinese!! he also told me to eat cucumbers and pears.

It really was by chance, I was supposed to get a regular massage by
some new guy, and Mr Chen was scheduled to massage the General manager
of the resort, but he canceled because of some staff problem. The guy
that was mine came to the waiting room and called me as Mr Chen was
coming out of the room and since he had seniority (he is the guro
there) he told the underling, NO she is coming with me,the guy tried to
fight him on it.

later, he told me that he knew that there was a reason that i had to
ask him something. I never talk during massages, just space out, but
for some reason (this was last july) i spoke up and asked him if he
knew about chinese medicine and he said that he was a doctor. I asked
if I could have a baby someday and he did the thing where he checks my
pressure points and gave me the prescription. DH and I had not even
talked about when were going to try to start to conceive at that time.
So it is weird that i asked him. That is when he told me that he knew
to take me instead of just having a break and that he knew I needed
something from him.

Old October 3rd 06, 05:38 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
FlowerGirl

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello kind folks,

I am about to begin exploring some natural methods for improving my
fertility. Has anyone here tried acupunture, taking herbs, or nutrition
therapy (particularly gluten-free diets and raw foods)? I am very
interested in hearing about your experiences with these methods. Thank
you in advance!

Trish

I think its different for everybody, but for me, chiropractic treatment was
what worked .... 18 months of ttc, ~12 months of "perfect" temperature
charts, a laparoscopy etc which found a tiny bit of endometriosis but not on
any important bits so I was technically fine, and then pregnant with DD
within 6 weeks of beginning chiropractic treatment (the problem with my
spine -which I couldn't really feel - was very obvious on x-ray and was
treated quickly and relatively painlessly).
I've conceived twice more since then (1 m/c 1 full term son) and both times
were on the first "try" ... and DS was conceived when we weren't really
trying and were supposed to be waiting after a m/c).

HTH
Amanda

Old October 4th 06, 02:17 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
rangitotogirl

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello kind folks,

I am about to begin exploring some natural methods for improving my
fertility. Has anyone here tried acupunture, taking herbs, or nutrition
therapy (particularly gluten-free diets and raw foods)? I am very
interested in hearing about your experiences with these methods. Thank
you in advance!

Trish

Hi Trish,

You might be interested in the endometriois diet. Check out
www.endo-resolved.com. It has a pile of information on that site and some
of it is relevant even if you don't have endometriosis. I did go on this
diet and found it worked well for me. I felt fantastic on it. I did also
have surgery and another procedure called lipiodol flushing and got pregnant
on the lipiodol flushing cycle so I probably can't credit the diet at all
but I still felt it was worthwhile doing.