traveling at 7 months pregnant?

Old October 2nd 06, 09:40 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
[email protected]

Default traveling at 7 months pregnant?

I tried sending this before; apologies if it's a repeat!!

My paper was just accepted into a conference that will be held from Feb
27-March 2. I'll be ~7 months on (baby's due April 27), so little
chance
of spontaneously going into labor, barring complications which
hopefully
would have appeared before then. Any thoughts on going? It'll entail
cross-country flight. I'd probably decline under ordinary
circumstances
(since this also entails finding childcare for Micah for 4 weekdays),
but
if I want *any* hope of a career in my field, I need to stay up-to-date
as
an independent scholar, and this is my chance for this year. Plus, if
do go into labor and have the baby on the plane, maybe it can claim
South
Carolina citizenship.

Em
mama to Micah, 11/14/04

Old October 2nd 06, 10:19 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Jamie Clark

wrote:
[...]

It's only for a week, right? I'd spend extra money to buy refundable
tickets, so if you have to cancel at the last moment you can. But other
than that, I'd go. Assuming that your current pregnancy is easy and trouble
free, that sounds like a good time to travel.
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Check out the family! --
www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest1,
Password: Guest Become a member for free - go to Add Member to set up
your own User ID and Password

Old October 2nd 06, 11:40 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Engram

wrote in message
ups.com...
I tried sending this before; apologies if it's a repeat!!

My paper was just accepted into a conference that will be held from Feb
27-March 2. I'll be ~7 months on (baby's due April 27), so little
chance of spontaneously going into labor, barring complications which
hopefully would have appeared before then. Any thoughts on going? It'll
entail
a cross-country flight. I'd probably decline under ordinary
circumstances (since this also entails finding childcare for Micah for 4
weekdays),
but if I want *any* hope of a career in my field, I need to stay
up-to-date
as an independent scholar, and this is my chance for this year. Plus, if
I do go into labor and have the baby on the plane, maybe it can claim
South Carolina citizenship.

Hi Em,

I say "go"!

When I was about 7 months pregnant with Matthew DH and I went on a holiday
to Cairns. My hands and feet had swelled up by the time I was 12 weeks along
but otherwise I felt well. My BP was good and had no pain or other adverse
symptoms.

If you are feeling well and don't have any conditions that need to be
monitored or that might flare up due to the air pressure changes or having
to sit for several hours straight.

As Jamie said, get refundable tickets so if anything comes up in the
meantime you can cancel them.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
Matthew 21 June 2005
DD EDD 06 Oct 2006

Check out our family at
http://www.geocities.com/engram_au/

Old October 3rd 06, 03:49 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Leslie

I went to a wedding an 8-hour drive away when I was 8 months pregnant
with my first. My doctor would have said no so I didn't tell him.

I say go, but please be sure to get up and walk around on the plane as
much as you can, due to the risk of blood clots.

And congratulations on the paper!

Leslie

Old October 3rd 06, 11:18 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Sue

I went to Disney World when I was 7 months pregnant. The flight was only
three hours, but there was a lot of walking. It was fine, we just took lots
of breaks. I say go for it. Your son will be fine.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

ups.com...

Old October 4th 06, 02:56 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
[email protected]

Thanks, all! Good call on the refundable tickets; I think I'll go that
route. Now I just have to *write* the paper...

Em
mama to Micah, 11/14/04

Old October 4th 06, 04:42 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Jamie Clark

Hmmmm. I guess, depending on the airlines, you can reuse the non-refundable
ticket another time, usually within a 1 year timeframe. I think they allow
you to change the date but not the airport for a nominal fee -- $50-100.
Would that work? Is the conference somewhere that you want to go later,
after the baby is born, if this conference doesn't work out? Maui, or
Mexico, for example? Prolly not!

Or, can you postpone buying the plane tickets until 5-6 months pg, so you'd
know if your pregnancy was going well or not?
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Guest
Password

wrote in message
ups.com...

wrote:
Thanks, all! Good call on the refundable tickets; I think I'll go that
route.

Urgh. Or maybe not. They're over $1000. Non-refundable ones are under
$500. Why can't they have this conference in San Jose??

Em
mama to Micah, 11/14/04

Old October 6th 06, 01:04 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Anne Rogers

Urgh. Or maybe not. They're over $1000. Non-refundable ones are under
$500. Why can't they have this conference in San Jose??

though won't you be able to get the expenses off someone? It seems common
that if you are presenting a paper that the conference pays the expenses, or
there may be other funds you could look into, lots of insitutions will give
grants towards conferences and you'll have a particularly good case
(presenting a paper, not being pregnant!)

Anne