Father's importance no laughing matter

Old July 6th 07, 08:25 PM posted to soc.men,misc.kids,alt.parenting.solutions
Banty

Default Father's importance no laughing matter

::trim headers::

In article , nimue says...

MSNothing wrote:
"nimue" wrote in message
I support C4M is because abortion is legal. Men should have the
same choice women do. However, if women are denied that choice,
then men should be, too. I don't see how you could support C4M
unless you also support abortion. Are you saying that women should
NOT have the right to terminate a pregnancy, but men should have
the right to choose not to parent or pay for a baby a woman is
forced by law to have?

Still waiting for your answer..........

--

The reason I don't support abortion is becuase IMHO, it is murder, it
is killing of another human life, choice for men, does not kill the

Whoa. Are you saying you would you support C4M if women did not have a
choice? Are you saying that if women were not legally allowed to have an
abortion and had to have the baby, you would still give men the choice to
opt-out of financial responsibility for the baby? THAT is completely
unfair. I would only support C4M in today's USA. If abortion weren't
legal, I sure as hell would not support C4M.

Yep, irrational.

I don't expect rationality here at all. From you either, frankly.

As I've analysed for you (and, BTW, you've not even commented, for all your
wailing at Andre about non-response, much as he deserves it..), C4M isn't about
fairness between the genders at all.

Like I've explained twice in this thread, C4M is only about having an out for
that subset of men who don't want the child. "MSNothing"'s statement is still
consistent with that. So I'm not surprised at all. It's a little bit *weirder*
in the view of not wanting legal abortion for women but still favoring C4M, but
it's not surprising to me. In fact, it clarifies it; it's only inconsistent
with the pretense, but not with the proposition.

Banty

Father's importance no laughing matter Fred Goodwin, CMA General 343 July 14th 07 09:31 PM
Father's importance no laughing matter Fred Goodwin, CMA Solutions 343 July 14th 07 09:31 PM
Matter of law? spr Child Support 12 April 16th 05 04:02 AM
"Each Man, Woman And Child, No Matter What Color, No Matter What Race..." 3-22-84 [email protected] Pregnancy 0 January 26th 05 02:22 AM
My last post on this matter... Jill Pregnancy 24 February 5th 04 02:56 AM