Does anyone know...?

Old January 8th 04, 08:08 PM
Kat

Default Does anyone know...?

I have been having alot of achiness/soreness in and around my crotch (sorry
if that sounds vulgar), been extremely tired, been having quite a few
contractions (some not comfortable at all and crampy feeling), and feeling
nauseous quite a bit. Does anyone know/think that this might just be
pre-labor stuff? Did anyone else feel this way and have a baby a week or so
later? This may be me just being hopeful or paranoid or whatever, any input
would be helpful:-) I am almost 37 weeks.
Thanks!
Kat
Mama to Maggie 11/03/01
and #2 EDD 02/01/04

Old January 8th 04, 08:34 PM
Karen Ray-Stewart

sounds like you might be ready to have a baby !!! If you are unsure what's
going on...call you doctor's office and go and see her/him... it is better
to have that checked out then to wait,. but it does sound like you might be
just about there.
good luck
Karen

Old January 8th 04, 09:37 PM
Kat

I am really hoping that the little bit waits til after Saturday, that's when
my best friend is hosting a Blessingway for me. It would also make it
closer to the acceptable "go time" of 37 weeks. I am really trying to stay
as mellow as possible though, it could be awhile:-)
Kat
mama to Maggie 11/03/01
and #2 EDD 02/01/04

Old January 8th 04, 10:29 PM
little one

kat...
i am curious as to what everyone has to say about this...because i too
have been feeling this way. i don't have the pain in my crotch yet, but
am nausous(sp??) and throwing up, cramping feeling, huge headache, and
diar(sorry if too much info). and i believe that munchkin dropped
yesterday because her/his feet don't seem to be as high as they were.
and i can still in a chair for longer than 5 minutes. i have also
noticed the discharge is a bit more, but no bloody show yet. i am
worried as well, because i am still working (have to to pay the
bills...i support myself) and am not ready for munchkin to be here yet.
and i just hit 35 weeks......

is there anyone out there that can help us????

melanie

Old January 9th 04, 01:59 AM
Kat

A Blessingway is where a bunch of women come and celebrate womanhood and
motherhood. Very much an alternative kind of thing. There are typically
spiritual cleansing parts, and also pampering of the mother. There are also
alot of sharing, of like birth stories, etc. It is a nice alternative to a
baby shower, especially if it is going to be a second+ child.
There are also Blessingways for girls coming into womanhood, women coming
into menopause. The focus is to celebrate with other women the coming
change...Kinda new age seeming huh?
Kat
Mama to Maggie 11/03/01
and #2 EDD 02/01/04

"Susanne Koenig" wrote in message
Blessingway?

Sk

Old January 9th 04, 09:59 PM
Mary

Kat wrote:
I have been having alot of achiness/soreness in and around my crotch (sorry
if that sounds vulgar), been extremely tired, been having quite a few
contractions (some not comfortable at all and crampy feeling), and feeling
nauseous quite a bit. Does anyone know/think that this might just be
pre-labor stuff?

Yes, it sounds like typical last-sucky-month stuff, which I guess is a
sort of pre-labor thing.

Mary S.
mom to the Sproutkin, 22 months

Old January 9th 04, 10:02 PM
Mary

Kat wrote:
A Blessingway is where a bunch of women come and celebrate womanhood and
motherhood.
There are also alot of sharing, of like birth stories, etc. It is a
nice alternative to a baby shower, especially if it is going to be a
second+ child.

Totally new agey, but also totally cool! I love the idea. I hope your
baby stays put for yours, and that you have a wonderful time.

Old January 9th 04, 10:13 PM
Kat

"Mary" wrote in message

Kat wrote:
A Blessingway is where a bunch of women come and celebrate womanhood and
motherhood.
There are also alot of sharing, of like birth stories, etc. It is a
nice alternative to a baby shower, especially if it is going to be a
second+ child.

Totally new agey, but also totally cool! I love the idea. I hope your
baby stays put for yours, and that you have a wonderful time.

Mary S.
mom to the Sproutkin, 22 months

Thanks! I am really excited! I will post afterwards to say how it went:-)
This last month is not too terribly fun so I am looking forward to the
Blessingway to hang out with women I love and enjoy:-)
Kat
Mama to Maggie 11/03/01
and #2 EDD 02/01/04