Just gotta vent!

Old January 8th 04, 06:45 PM
cschepers

Default Just gotta vent!

Ericka Kammerer wrote:

There's no need for this to be a "go-between"
situation. All he needs to do is go to his mother and
say, "Mom, I know you're really excited about this baby,
but you're driving Angela nuts with the belly rubbing
and that's really not okay. It invades her personal
space and I don't want her stressed out over this.
We know you mean well, but please stop."

I agree with this. My mom can be a bit stubborn sometimes (and hear
only what she wishes), but she'll listen if I talk to her. And if she
doesn't, hand-slapping and abrupt leaving will happen, and she'll know
this.

I know the OP (DW) might be a little upset for going behind her back a
bit, but I knew something was bothering her... and we've talked about
it since the orig. posting. She knows I'm going to talk to the
offending party, and get the point across. Just hope she's not *too*
upset for posting here! ;-)

Thanks to all for the advice. I understand relations with in-laws can
be a bit touchy, and can be a bit tough trying to communicate these
issues with spouses (spice?).

Chris "'DH' can also stand for Designated Hitter" Schepers
Old January 8th 04, 08:20 PM
Jill

"Lizajane" wrote
I know it sounds irrational, because you think to
yourself, gosh it would be great if someone would clean MY house, but
at the time, I just wanted to be left alone to bond with my son.

No, not irrational! I HATE when my MIL or mom either one is here and just
starts going through my cabinets and putting things away, moving things,
etc. I never want someone to "take care" of my house! I notice they usually
do it when itis most unnecessary too, MIL starts handwashing dishes after
meals before I can get them put in the *dishwasher*. My own mom washes
things by hand that are already spotlessly clean if they are sitting out on
the counter, she did this with a crystal pitcher. It annoys me.

I heard crashing and rustling in the kitchen one day to find my MIL was
putting dishes away and griping about where things were located in my
cabinets. My mom walks into my bedroom and opens every drawer in my jewelry
armoir to "see what I have", without asking, and does the same with drawers
and medicine cabinets.

I hate people going through my house., and like the liberties they take with
touching a pregnant stomach, I can't figure out why people feel so
comfrtable as to dig through my house! It's worse when I am sick and
therefore more helpless.

Review: Something's Gotta Give (***) Steve Rhodes General 0 December 12th 03 10:56 PM
VENT: I am tired of being sick Daye Pregnancy 9 November 5th 03 09:50 PM
ER visit -- part vent, should I complain? Long, as usual Tina General 40 September 23rd 03 01:36 PM
update-- vent Nikki Pregnancy 4 September 10th 03 11:54 PM
Week Two of the Pox (vent) Elle Pregnancy 3 August 22nd 03 03:31 AM