A prescription of a different kind

Old September 11th 06, 09:14 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,talk.politics.medicine,uk.people.health,misc.kids.health
PeterB

Default A prescription of a different kind

Garry Freemyer wrote:
Whether ADHD exists or not is still a question in my mind or rather, I
wonder if what some are dealing with is something worse.

But this here, you've hit on one of the biggest problems - The OVERDIAGNOSIS
of a thing can be more damaging that the disorder itself. In this case, it
clear that this kid has a problem alright. The problem is - paranoid abusive
overdemanding perfectionist parents who need to learn to chill out instead
of looking for excuses for non-problems.

The sky is falling, the sky is falling! I got the proof!

This reminds me of the storys where harried doctors could proscribe some
pills that were nothing but water or some other innocuous ingrediant to get
the nutcases out of their hair.

People who are determined to find a problem are the problem!

The drug makers need to manufacture as many "diseases" as possible in
order to sell another "treatment." Just look at "rates" of depression,
which are magically skyrocketing in direct proportion to pharmaceutical
greed.

PeterB

Old September 11th 06, 09:39 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,talk.politics.medicine,uk.people.health,misc.kids.health
Garry Freemyer

"PeterB" wrote in message
ups.com...
Just look at "rates" of depression, which are magically skyrocketing in
direct proportion to pharmaceutical greed.

PeterB

Yes in deed! Have you noticed how every single solitary treatment for
depression has the very most common side effect of being "Sucicidal
thoughts?"

Like, what's up with that? Maybe it's a simple case of as the person comes
out of depression, they gain some energy enough to even consider it when
maybe they didn't before.

I had major depression for 10 years - I could watch a tearjerker move and
feel nothing, absolutely nothing, and to try to get treated with drugs for
the depression was completely impossible.
Then it vanished as mysteriously as it appeared.

Now the doctors have gone completely the other way and take the shotgun
diagnosis approach. Instead of ordering cat scans, they do diagnosis by
experimentation. If they think the person might be depressed, give them a
pill and then another and another, instead of finding out more. Is the
patient saying that it just came over them without any apparrent reason?
Than maybe they are depressed, but if they say "I lost my mate or friend or
whatever" maybe they are grieving and need assistance in learning how to
move past that instead of a pill.

There are plenty of REAL diseases without having to confuse me or others by
making some up to boot.

If this trend of shotgun diagnosis via pill experimentation doesn't stop,
the drug companies will become richer, and something terrible is going to
happen. Enough people are going to get hurt that it will swing around again
and those who really do need treatment will NOT get what they need.

Balance, that's what's needed, but what we got is chaos.

Old September 12th 06, 12:01 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,talk.politics.medicine,uk.people.health,misc.kids.health
Mark Probert

PeterB wrote:
Garry Freemyer wrote:
[...]

Can you document that Petey?

Just look at "rates" of depression,
which are magically skyrocketing in direct proportion to pharmaceutical
greed.

Can you document that, Petey?
Old September 12th 06, 03:37 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,talk.politics.medicine,uk.people.health,misc.kids.health
vakker

"Garry Freemyer" wrote in message
.. .

"PeterB" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

What you've said is true. They're inventing new diseases, disorders and
conditions every day. The real motivation of course to sell more costly
expensive drugs.

Where the heck are all our politicians? Why don't they put an end to this
situation? Then again maybe they're a part or even the cause of it.

Old September 12th 06, 03:38 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,talk.politics.medicine,uk.people.health,misc.kids.health
vakker

"Mark Probert" wrote in message
PeterB wrote:
Garry Freemyer wrote:
[...]

Just open your eyes mark. Then again maybe you could wash them out.

Old September 12th 06, 08:16 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,talk.politics.medicine,uk.people.health,misc.kids.health
Jan Drew

"vakker" wrote in message

"Garry Freemyer" wrote in message
.. .

"PeterB" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Interested interest?
Just look at the $$$$ donated to politicians by Big Phama.

Old September 12th 06, 01:37 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,talk.politics.medicine,uk.people.health,misc.kids.health
Peter Bowditch

"Jan Drew" wrote:

Just look at the $$$$ donated to politicians by Big Phama.

Like the $2 million a year given to Orin Hinch's son to "lobby" his
father. Dreadful, isn't it? Oh, I forgot. That's OK because the $2
million comes from supplement manufacturers.
--
Peter Bowditch aa #2243
Australian Skeptics http://www.skeptics.com.au
To email me use my first name only at ratbags.com
Old September 12th 06, 01:57 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,talk.politics.medicine,uk.people.health,misc.kids.health
Mark Probert

PeterB wrote:
Garry Freemyer wrote:
[...]

My eyes are wide open. My older son has AD/HD and we worked with him
from the beginning using a combination of medicine, special education,
counseling, parental involvement and not listening to bull****.

The claim that this is "manufactured" is pure unadulterated bull****.
AD/HD was around and described over a century ago. It has undergone name
changes, but, a rose by any other name...

Old September 12th 06, 02:02 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,talk.politics.medicine,uk.people.health,misc.kids.health
PeterB

Peter Bowditch wrote:
"Jan Drew" wrote:

Just look at the $$$$ donated to politicians by Big Phama.

Like the $2 million a year given to Orin Hinch's son to "lobby" his
father. Dreadful, isn't it? Oh, I forgot. That's OK because the $2
million comes from supplement manufacturers.

Your sponsors make the supplements, you idiot. 90% of all manufactured
vitamins come from the drug makers. It's the reason your bosses tried
to fix prices on vitamins during the 1990s, until they got caught.
Industry influence over the legislature is wrong and should be
eliminated, but prescrioption drugs are responsible for 100,000 deaths
per year. Supplements, by contrast, are associated with fewer
mortalities than death by bee sting. Look at the relative differences
between these product classes (ie, their impact to public health), not
just the politics.

PeterB

Old September 12th 06, 02:12 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,talk.politics.medicine,uk.people.health,misc.kids.health
PeterB

PeterB wrote:
Garry Freemyer wrote:
[...]

Markey, I've told you about pandering to the interests of your sponsors
using these stories of yours. We are well aware that you have
encountered every disease known to Man, either yourself personally or
in a friend, pet, or family member (same thing?) But we hear that
rumors of your resurrection are wildly exaggerated, and you failed to
answer any of my prayers last week, so I'm suspicious. BTW, do you
wear a cape?