To feed the troll or not ?

Old November 18th 03, 08:20 PM
ChrisScaife

Default To feed the troll or not ?

The thread was: "while my daughter cries for hours to be picked up"

toto explained to me:

Chris, please don't feed the trolls. This one is obviously
not real. Also watch the x-posts and you will be able to
tell what is going on.

I just thought the troll had a valid point. While we are all busy here
telling each other how to be better parents, it is evident that some people
spend a lot of time posting...

We are evidently not paying attention to our children, or out working to put
bread on the table.

Yet we are all certain of what wonderful parents we are and how appropriate
it is for us to advise and criticize.

There are even some, who are just out sneering and scoring points. Are they
winning arguments? Do they convince you ?

It just seems sometimes a troll has more to say ;-)

.....but OK I won't feed anymore trolls. I have no respect for their misuse
of other people's identities.

Old November 18th 03, 11:31 PM
toto

On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 08:20:12 +1300, "ChrisScaife"
wrote:

....but OK I won't feed anymore trolls. I have no respect for their misuse
of other people's identities.

Trolls do sometimes start good threads.

OTOH, when they are abusing and harrassing an innocent person,
they are best not answered, imo.

--
Dorothy

The Outer Limits
Old November 19th 03, 10:07 AM
P. Tierney

"ChrisScaife" wrote in message
The thread was: "while my daughter cries for hours to be picked up"

toto explained to me:

Chris, please don't feed the trolls. This one is obviously
not real. Also watch the x-posts and you will be able to
tell what is going on.

I just thought the troll had a valid point. While we are all busy here
telling each other how to be better parents, it is evident that some

people
spend a lot of time posting...

We are evidently not paying attention to our children, or out working to

put
bread on the table.

Maybe, but who is who? How can you tell?

My child (like many others, I'm sure) sleeps about five
hours per day more than me. I can't go out and "put bread
on the table" because I can't leave my child home alone. Nor
do I need to be "paying attention to" my child as she sleeps.
So what am I supposed to be doing with those five hours?
And who is to day that it's wrong?

That's not to say that I post a lot. I do when the thread strikes
me. But that is my business, I think, and bears no reflection on
what kind of a parent that I am, as seems to be your point.

P. Tierney

Old November 19th 03, 02:32 PM
Stephanie and Tim

"P. Tierney" wrote in message
newspGub.186688$ao4.649131@attbi_s51...

[...]

Come over my house and help me with my home improvement projects!